• Last Updated:
  • Aug 20th, 2018 8:44 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
2690 posts
1741 upvotes
Home
yyzaf1 wrote: What is the current wait time from the time you place an order?
+1
Fizz Mobile $ 4.80 USA CAN 45 GB
Banned
Dec 15, 2017
1847 posts
615 upvotes
Toronto
i6s1 wrote: I'm trying to picture it in a better colour than radioactive orange.
There are places called paint shops that will turn it into any color for $700 bucks.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
19892 posts
4109 upvotes
9347934 downvotes
MusicBox wrote: There are places called paint shops that will turn it into any color for $700 bucks.
No, there are not. Changing a paint colour is a lot different from repainting the same colour. The door sills would be mismatched, so you need to paint the body with the hood/doors/trunk removed and the interior and engine masked off. You need to paint the door/hood/trunk separately. Even the fuel filler.

Body-coloured plastic pieces often don't match the metal parts after changing colour.

These places that do $700 paint jobs will just mask off parts like the door handles instead of removing, so you'll see the paint edges.

In short, there's no way you'd be able to change colour for $700 unless you're fine with a car that looks absolutely terrible. So don't present that as a if it's a reasonable course of action.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
2690 posts
1741 upvotes
Home
i6s1 wrote: No, there are not. Changing a paint colour is a lot different from repainting the same colour. The door sills would be mismatched, so you need to paint the body with the hood/doors/trunk removed and the interior and engine masked off. You need to paint the door/hood/trunk separately. Even the fuel filler.

Body-coloured plastic pieces often don't match the metal parts after changing colour.

These places that do $700 paint jobs will just mask off parts like the door handles instead of removing, so you'll see the paint edges.

In short, there's no way you'd be able to change colour for $700 unless you're fine with a car that looks absolutely terrible. So don't present that as a if it's a reasonable course of action.
I was thinking the same, a quality paint job costs a lot more then $700, prolly several times that. One can always go diy and wrap it yourself for less than 1k. Take your time lol.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2011
3740 posts
3962 upvotes
Toronto
Wow, no one rushed out to get a Bolt before the $14K rebate ends?

This thread seems kinda dead.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
2690 posts
1741 upvotes
Home
some1not wrote: Wow, no one rushed out to get a Bolt before the $14K rebate ends?

This thread seems kinda dead.
I think they did, stock sold out pretty quick in Ontario after the announcement. Even volts arent easy to find now.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
2690 posts
1741 upvotes
Home
TomLafinsky wrote: The Bolt didn't get the best reviews. If you need the range and can't afford/get a Tesla, the Bolt is the best buy. If you can live with 200km range then the e-golf is a more pleasant choice.
Is there a reason to get golf instead of a leaf? Serious question.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2011
3740 posts
3962 upvotes
Toronto
I RFD wrote: I think they did, stock sold out pretty quick in Ontario after the announcement. Even volts arent easy to find now.
I guess the ones that went out to get one are not on RFD.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7429 posts
4676 upvotes
Ottawa
I RFD wrote: Is there a reason to get golf instead of a leaf? Serious question.
Totally arbitrary answer and I haven't driven the e-Golf or the new LEAF but as a former VW Golf (not e-Golf) and current 1st gen LEAF owner, I wouldn't recommend a VW to anyone. Way too many times and in the shop for random things that would become problems again. It might be that mine was just a lemon but I've heard of others having less than perfect experiences with VW. As far as Nissan, I don't think it's quite as good or reliable as Toyota but it's not terrible.
Last edited by michelb on Aug 20th, 2018 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
2049 posts
660 upvotes
Toronto
Ugly A.F... I went with Volt instead.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)