Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
19722 posts
1473 upvotes
tebore wrote:
Oct 31st, 2013 9:02 am
Wouldn't either car be too technologically advanced for you?
:lol:
mr_raider wrote:
Oct 31st, 2013 11:01 am
The old Jetta. The current Jetta is crapbox with a big trunk.
Perhaps, but the NCS Jetta gets way too much flak I find. As "crapbox" as you may think it is, it's nowhere near as bad as some other cars (e.g. Corolla).
Deal Guru
Feb 29, 2008
13077 posts
1033 upvotes
Montreal
ES_Revenge wrote:
Oct 31st, 2013 11:30 am
:lol:

Perhaps, but the NCS Jetta gets way too much flak I find. As "crapbox" as you may think it is, it's nowhere near as bad as some other cars (e.g. Corolla).
It can comfortably sit three in the back seat. It does serve it's purpose as being a dcent family hauler, and in GLI trim it's actually fun to drive.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
32245 posts
5406 upvotes
mr_raider wrote:
Oct 30th, 2013 10:19 am
Our Cruze easily beats the fuel economy numbers from the EPA on the highway at a steady 100km/h cruise. In the city, you can match the EPA numbers with some effort, which is almost impossible in most cars. Overall it is quite miserly.

The ride, due the weight, is solid and composed. It absorbs bumps with a nice thunk, and feels planted and stable at speed. It feels more like a mid size in refinement and quiet. The steering is overboosted though, with little feedback. You should note that the 2014s have a slightly different rear suspension in the non LTZ trims.

I have not tested the current gen Mazda 3, but the old 3 was the car that came the closest to the Cruze in refinement and driving dynamics. It had better steering feedback, but did worse on bumpy roads. All the others (elantra, corolla, CSX, Sentra, Lancer, etc...) drove like cheap harsh tin cans.

One thing to note, the 1.4L has excellent low end and mid range torque for daily driving, but runs out of breath at high speeds. It's not a drag racer.
Any major gripes with the Cruze that you'd like resolved in the 2015 model? How's the resale value on these and ? I hate the high resale value of Japanese cars.

For the GM Protection Plan (and for any other makers), which parts should I opt for extended warranty on since GMPP offers customizable plans?
http://www.gm.ca/gm/english/services/pr ... ment-tools

I remember you said some of your neighbors mistook your Cruze for a Lexus so at least we know, the exterior is at least presentable.

Reviews for the 2014 model on edmunds.com are quite positive:
http://www.edmunds.com/chevrolet/cruze/2014/#crr-pod
Deal Guru
Feb 29, 2008
13077 posts
1033 upvotes
Montreal
Gripes?

The low res LCD display for the center stack. Although my link is an option.

Make the Watts Z linkage standard again. For 2011-2012 it was standard but from 2013 onward it was LTS/RS models only.

Trunk release button inside the car would be nice too.

Offer the 1.6L as an upgrade option for those who want moar power.

Make teh backrest adjustment electric, like the other knobs.

I would not get an extended warranty. Our family has owned enough GM products to know it's a waste. Even if the car is a miserable dud, GM parts and service are cheap enough that I don't care.

As for resale value, I don't care either. Considering the cheerios crushed in to teh carpet and juice stains everywhere, resale value is likely to be miserable, one way or another. Plus my wife usually hits something yearly.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
3310 posts
396 upvotes
Mississauga
Just saw the new redesigned Mazda 3 in person. I've liked it in the pictures, and still think it looks great in person. It was also in my colour of choice (white). But one thing that threw me off, because I never really thought about it, was the front license plate. It gets mounted right below the emblem, and for some reason, it just looked weird to me. I thought maybe it's because I'm used to the license plate being mounted on the bumper instead of the grill, but then I never really find Audi's looking strange in that regard. So I don't know. Just my take, but the car itself, still looks great in my opinion.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
32245 posts
5406 upvotes
kenchau wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2013 11:19 am
Just saw the new redesigned Mazda 3 in person. I've liked it in the pictures, and still think it looks great in person. It was also in my colour of choice (white). But one thing that threw me off, because I never really thought about it, was the front license plate. It gets mounted right below the emblem, and for some reason, it just looked weird to me. I thought maybe it's because I'm used to the license plate being mounted on the bumper instead of the grill, but then I never really find Audi's looking strange in that regard. So I don't know. Just my take, but the car itself, still looks great in my opinion.
Are we allowed in Ontario to mount the front license plate off to the left or right? I've seen a few BRZ's where the owner put the license plate between the midpoint and the end of the front bumper.
Dec 12, 2009
697 posts
32 upvotes
Nova Scotia
kenchau wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2013 11:19 am
I think the more annoying issue is why Ontario still insists on front license plates. They aren't required where I am (in N.S.) and I would absolutely hate getting a nice car like the new Mazda 3 and having the front ruined by an ugly license plate.
× < >