• Last Updated:
  • Feb 28th, 2024 12:40 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
7368 posts
4672 upvotes
Between Countries
mrweather wrote: Just what I’d enjoy doing: putting something in my mouth at a public washroom.
+1. Certainly not from a stranger!
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18841 posts
1954 upvotes
Elmira
poleman wrote: Some good PR for Chick-fil-A

www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2018/07/28/c ... tests.html

Do these protesters not realize that when the media gets wind of them and their feeble protestations, it's like a million dollars in free advertising.
Maybe Chick-fil-A will send this group some some 2-for-1 coupons.

Staying on topic, when will we see them out west?
yeah i commented on this earlier

as expected, people are protesting about chicken sandwiches in 2018.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
4745 posts
4409 upvotes
Anybody who thinks Harvey's is better than Shake Shack...has never been to Shake Shack.
Jun 4, 2006
739 posts
448 upvotes
Brampton | Vaughan
EastGTARedFlagger wrote: *
Anybody who thinks Harvey's is better than Shake Shack...has never been to Shake Shack.
Now i'm curious about Shake Shack, I'm going to try them and In and Out this week. Anything I should try specifically at SS?
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
4745 posts
4409 upvotes
Carbooja wrote: Now i'm curious about Shake Shack, I'm going to try them and In and Out this week. Anything I should try specifically at SS?
When I go (which unfortunately isn't often) I always get a Shack Stack (that's the cheeseburger with the cheesy portobello mushroom cap)... looks like this:

https://aht.seriouseats.com/2009/08/sha ... k-nyc.html

and I always get a concrete (their version of a blizzard/frosty/whatever) but they make it with frozen custard (which is very dense/heavy, not light and airy like soft serve). The selections are different at each location, so there's usually a local theme to it... for example the restaurant in Troy, Michigan (probably the next one I'll go to!) offers the "Concrete of Troy", while the one in Battery Park, NYC has the "Wall-nut Street". Typically there are 2 Concrete choices per store.

I've never had the fries -- they're crinkle cuts and previously frozen so I kinda shrug at the idea, but some people really love them (go figure they started with frozen crinkle cuts, switched to freshly cut in store like Five Guys, but after a customer backlash, went back to frozen crinkles) -- nor do I bother with drinks (soda nor beer), although craft beer is offered if that's your thing.

As for In-N-Out, you really need to read up on the secret menu to get the full experience. My usual order is "Double Double Animal Style with chopped chillies, Fries well-done Animal Style, Neapolitan Shake".

https://aht.seriouseats.com/2011/03/the ... -menu.html

If you order the fries well done they come out crispy, a tad crispier than McDonald's with light brown edges. If you don't, you get limp underdone fries more like Burger King or KFC.
Another mod you might want to ask for is for the burger to be "medium rare" (so it'll have more pink) which is how my wife likes it. I'm OK with their standard done-ness which still isn't overdone like McDonald's.

Word of warning: Shake Shack is EXPENSIVE. I'm not surprised they took the menus down from their website! In-N-Out is very reasonable, despite being pitched as higher-end food. About on par with Wendy's (so, higher than McD's or BK) for much better stuff. (that's where the secret menu comes in... if you just order off the regular menu with no modifications you might as well go to Wendy's)
Jun 4, 2006
739 posts
448 upvotes
Brampton | Vaughan
EastGTARedFlagger wrote: When I go (which unfortunately isn't often) I always get a Shack Stack (that's the cheeseburger with the cheesy portobello mushroom cap)... looks like this:

https://aht.seriouseats.com/2009/08/sha ... k-nyc.html

and I always get a concrete (their version of a blizzard/frosty/whatever) but they make it with frozen custard (which is very dense/heavy, not light and airy like soft serve). The selections are different at each location, so there's usually a local theme to it... for example the restaurant in Troy, Michigan (probably the next one I'll go to!) offers the "Concrete of Troy", while the one in Battery Park, NYC has the "Wall-nut Street". Typically there are 2 Concrete choices per store.

I've never had the fries -- they're crinkle cuts and previously frozen so I kinda shrug at the idea, but some people really love them (go figure they started with frozen crinkle cuts, switched to freshly cut in store like Five Guys, but after a customer backlash, went back to frozen crinkles) -- nor do I bother with drinks (soda nor beer), although craft beer is offered if that's your thing.

As for In-N-Out, you really need to read up on the secret menu to get the full experience. My usual order is "Double Double Animal Style with chopped chillies, Fries well-done Animal Style, Neapolitan Shake".

https://aht.seriouseats.com/2011/03/the ... -menu.html

If you order the fries well done they come out crispy, a tad crispier than McDonald's with light brown edges. If you don't, you get limp underdone fries more like Burger King or KFC.
Another mod you might want to ask for is for the burger to be "medium rare" (so it'll have more pink) which is how my wife likes it. I'm OK with their standard done-ness which still isn't overdone like McDonald's.

Word of warning: Shake Shack is EXPENSIVE. I'm not surprised they took the menus down from their website! In-N-Out is very reasonable, despite being pitched as higher-end food. About on par with Wendy's (so, higher than McD's or BK) for much better stuff. (that's where the secret menu comes in... if you just order off the regular menu with no modifications you might as well go to Wendy's)
Oh man, i just read up on it, waaaaay too much for my daily caloric intake, i'm going to prob stick to a single cheese burger with animal style fries.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
4745 posts
4409 upvotes
Carbooja wrote: Oh man, i just read up on it, waaaaay too much for my daily caloric intake, i'm going to prob stick to a single cheese burger with animal style fries.
At least get the single burger animal style, that's the most common mod. Otherwise you're not getting much different from Wendy's....
Aug 20, 2009
9827 posts
5935 upvotes
Carbooja wrote: Oh man, i just read up on it, waaaaay too much for my daily caloric intake, i'm going to prob stick to a single cheese burger with animal style fries.
It's not so bad, gotta treat yourself once in awhile. If I'm really bad one day then I'm just really good the next one :) Shake Shack is well worth it, same with In-N-Out. Love all of the burger joints when we visit the states.
TheRealVinsanity wrote: My wife is going to love this when it comes here.
Yeah the missus loves Chick-fil-A too, she lives for it whenever we're down visiting family in Nashville.
Jun 4, 2006
739 posts
448 upvotes
Brampton | Vaughan
EastGTARedFlagger wrote:
At least get the single burger animal style, that's the most common mod. Otherwise you're not getting much different from Wendy's....
Just tried it, is it the best burger I have had? No.

But man, the quality, taste and price point blows anything I have ever had in my life. Very similar to Wendy’s Jr but that much better, makes you wonder why we’re getting ripped off by places like burger priest.

I got this for $4.58
Images
  • 805126F3-5566-4D1E-A737-B9F1D7694C3C.jpeg
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
4745 posts
4409 upvotes
Carbooja wrote: Just tried it, is it the best burger I have had? No.

But man, the quality, taste and price point blows anything I have ever had in my life. Very similar to Wendy’s Jr but that much better, makes you wonder why we’re getting ripped off by places like burger priest.

I got this for $4.58
And now you understand why I said Burger's Priest is an In-N-Out copycat that charges Shake Shack prices.... how is your trip to California? :-)

Is that burger actually Animal Style? It doesn't look like it...

Here's what I got back in November in San Diego. Double-Double Animal Style with chopped chillies, fries well-done animal style, Neapolitan shake.

Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9003 upvotes
Toronto
I hope Epic burger will be back at the CNE again this year.
Try the "All American" Epic burger there. (in food building)
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Jun 4, 2006
739 posts
448 upvotes
Brampton | Vaughan
Okay I didn’t have the fries, let me fix that by going back there right now :)

Cali is great! Just had these 2 fish tacos for $3.50
Images
  • 88F41A23-E03D-4CFC-B8F0-B1FA5D22B2E3.jpeg
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
I have Chick a few times last in Florida this past winter.

It's ok but nothing special. I don't really get what the hype is all about. I keep thinking I'm missing something but I don't think I am...
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
4745 posts
4409 upvotes
Carbooja wrote: Okay I didn’t have the fries, let me fix that by going back there right now :)

Cali is great! Just had these 2 fish tacos for $3.50
Oh yes, love fish tacos... and also California burritos (the recipe sounds weird but when you try it, it's awesome - yes it's the one with fries in it).

Remember the magic words at In-N-Out: ANIMAL STYLE !
Deal Fanatic
Dec 4, 2009
9335 posts
5636 upvotes
badOne wrote: if chickfila doesn't do whole chicken pieces, do they make nuggets and patties from pink goo?
The nuggets are the closest to homemade that I've ever come across. It's solid white breast meat, lightly breaded. They're really good.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6948 posts
2695 upvotes
kool1 wrote: I have Chick a few times last in Florida this past winter.

It's ok but nothing special. I don't really get what the hype is all about. I keep thinking I'm missing something but I don't think I am...
Same. I guess it was too hyped up and I was expecting something amazing. It was just okay for me.
I swear most people here over hype any US restaurant just because it's not here.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2501 posts
708 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
Love Chik-fil-a always go there when I am in Chicago, just got back from there in fact, can't wait until they are open here> Nice to have a good option other than burgers, as there are no decent places to get a quick meal like what they offer for chicken

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)