Off Topic

Chief Saunders denies cover up - doesn't know why no investigation or why SIU not contacted

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2017 9:40 pm
Banned
Jul 23, 2017
28 posts
10 upvotes
This thread will be locked & poster's will be banned & messages will be deleted, as criticizing a racist & power abusing cop is not allowed.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
5275 posts
1316 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
No. Just you.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Jul 5, 2004
22206 posts
2099 upvotes
Rogeredz wrote:
Jul 27th, 2017 1:32 pm
This thread will be locked & poster's will be banned & messages will be deleted, as criticizing a racist & power abusing cop is not allowed.
Cops are often criticized on this site, yet we don't close threads or delete posts. On a personal level though, I think your posts lose credibility when you call them pigs. It's just a very immature thing to do and takes away from your posts.
Toronto Maple Leafs tickets for sale. PM me for details
[OP]
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
1344 posts
439 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
So the cop was carding out of uniform and got mad when the victim didn't want to identify himself to a stranger?

And chief saunders excuse about not contacting SIU is because they didnt know the accused was a police despite him identifying himself as a police multiple times to 911 operator and officers who arrived on scene and because he said he was a cop, charged the victim instead
Neither the Durham Region police, who responded to the scene, nor the Toronto police, notified the SIU. It was Falconer who told the watchdog of his client’s injuries in April.

According to Falconer, Theriault identified himself as a police officer at least twice during the course of the Dec. 28 incident.

The Theriaults were in the garage of a Whitby home when they saw Miller and two of his friends walk past, Falconer earlier told the Star. The group of friends, the lawyer said, were heading to another friend’s house near the home Miller shares with his family.

The Theriaults approached the young men, and Michael Theriault told them he was a police officer, asking them where they lived and what they were doing in that neighbourhood, Falconer said.

When Miller and his friends continued walking, Falconer said, the Theriaults chased them and when they caught up to Miller, started beating him.

Miller managed to dial 911, Falconer said, but Theriault grabbed the phone out of his hand and told the operator he was a police officer who had made an arrest.

When Durham police officers arrived, they arrested Miller and charged him with weapons and drugs offences. All of the charges against Miller have since been dropped.
https://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/ ... hitby.html
Banned
Jul 23, 2017
28 posts
10 upvotes
Shaner wrote:
Jul 27th, 2017 7:53 pm
Cops are often criticized on this site, yet we don't close threads or delete posts. On a personal level though, I think your posts lose credibility when you call them pigs. It's just a very immature thing to do and takes away from your posts.
I think your posts lose credibility when you call them Cops. They are called " Officers " and you better address them as that and put them on a pedestal and bend over backwards & appease them, as they can do no wrong.

Otherwise for your immaturity, they might do a very mature thing like beating you up with a Steel pipe till you lose an eye, and then file false charges against you and cover it up with internal affairs Daddy Officer and other esteemed Officers. What a credible & mature thing to do.

And I lose credibility because I call a high school educated psychopath thug a " Pig " ?
Banned
Jul 23, 2017
28 posts
10 upvotes
Doubleshot wrote:
Jul 27th, 2017 11:06 pm
So the cop was carding out of uniform and got mad when the victim didn't want to identify himself to a stranger?

And chief saunders excuse about not contacting SIU is because they didnt know the accused was a police despite him identifying himself as a police multiple times to 911 operator and officers who arrived on scene and because he said he was a cop, charged the victim instead

https://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/ ... hitby.html
How the hell can they not know he was a cop ? You just run his name & ID through the system and his whole history pops up .

Ironically that's exactly what he was illegally doing " carding " off duty to get the information on the victim. Maybe they should have carded the off duty thug instead & they would have known, that he is a cop.

Saunders is just embarassing himself, usually its that Mike McCormack guy who tries to protect his blue lined thugs irrespective of their brutality & abuse. Now Saunders joins him, which is really sad.
Banned
Jul 23, 2017
28 posts
10 upvotes
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/w ... -1.4224527

Now Waterloo police are going to carry out the internal investigation..LMAO. Durham police colluded with Toronto police to cover up things.

But for some reason the saints from Waterloo are going to be different, honest & unbiased & not corrupt..ROFLMAO. Don't they wear blue uniforms, or does the thin blue line not exist over there.

Anyway they should stop this charade and stop wasting tax payers money, and declare these thugs & their internal affairs cover up daddy innocent. They are obviously not going to convict them or send them to jail, just like Sammy Yatim killer James Forcillio is not going to jail for murder. They are cops - different rules, laws & justice applies to them.

This will be in the news for a few weeks more & then it will be business as usual for these cops & their buddies, after their suspended with pay vacation is over.

You might as well get the Peel police force to investigate, we all know how much they love minorities.
May 22, 2016
809 posts
134 upvotes
Ontario
The Durham police officers who responded should be in the spotlight also. Also the victims friends just ran away and left him? Nice friends!!! I really hope all these guys get what they deserve but ppl have to realize not all cops are racist.

From the looks of it these cops were drinking in their garage and thought they could take the law into their own hands. I'm sure everyone would be suspicious of a group of youths no matter what colour at 3am. The worst part is they are getting paid after what they did to this poor kid. This is what really needs to be stopped. If you commit a crime you should not end up being paid.
Penalty Box
Aug 23, 2006
2945 posts
186 upvotes
webshark wrote:
Jul 28th, 2017 2:22 am
The Durham police officers who responded should be in the spotlight also. Also the victims friends just ran away and left him? Nice friends!!! I really hope all these guys get what they deserve but ppl have to realize not all cops are racist.

From the looks of it these cops were drinking in their garage and thought they could take the law into their own hands. I'm sure everyone would be suspicious of a group of youths no matter what colour at 3am. The worst part is they are getting paid after what they did to this poor kid. This is what really needs to be stopped. If you commit a crime you should not end up being paid.
" Also the victims friends just ran away and left him? Nice friends!!! I"
What else can they do? Fight cops who beating them with pipe?
Its not about racism. Its a bout they are always above the law and they always cover up. WHy not the cops who investigated this beating are not charged? They lied what happened there.
“There are some things money can’t buy, and for everything else there’s MasterCard. Well, get out your checkbooks ladies and gentlemen, because it seems like the entire liberal cabinet can be bought. TRUDEAU: I CAN’T BE BOUGHT...LMAO. Because its 2017
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
7187 posts
233 upvotes
Rogeredz wrote:
Jul 28th, 2017 12:11 am

Saunders is just embarassing himself, usually its that Mike McCormack guy who tries to protect his blue lined thugs irrespective of their brutality & abuse. Now Saunders joins him, which is really sad.
Police Chief and the Union have each other back no matter what the situation is. Even if it looks like they are disagreeing with each other, they have a bigger goal.

This is what is wrong with the system.

This was not the first and will not be the last. Public pressure is just not strong enough to make a real change. Levers will be pushed and pulled but that is just a band aid.

Police brutality and corruption is a real issue.

What I find interesting this time though is that the police wasnt prepared. They usually demonize the victim first but this time the victims neighbours and people who knows him was out speaking up for him.

Saunders got caught off guard. If this was Fantino, he will come out with fake crime statistics.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26183 posts
6056 upvotes
GTHA
For the first time since Dafonte Miller's assault, Chief of Police for Durham Region is speaking out about his force's involvement in the incident.
CityNews reporter Adrian Ghobrial has the details.

Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
5835 posts
1191 upvotes
aGincourt
No surprise that his father is also a Toronto cop, thought nepotism didn't happen in the police force anymore?

"there's more to this story" -yt people
Banned
Jul 29, 2017
16 posts
5 upvotes
Michael Theriault ( the cop who beat up the kid with a steel pipe ) and John Theriault ( dad who tried to cover up things for son ) need to be charged, the former for attempted murder .
Banned
Jul 29, 2017
16 posts
5 upvotes
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2017/0 ... -cops.html

If Toronto police are serious about restoring our faith they need to root out the bad-apple cops: Keenan

It is becoming harder to believe that covering up for misbehaviour, looking the other way or refusing to co-operate in investigations of alleged misconduct is uncommon or accidental.