• Jan 15th, 2019 4:53 pm
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2006
9670 posts
3734 upvotes
Brampton
engineered wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 12:06 pm
OP, I'm 6ft, 198lbs, 35in waist. How much will you pay me if I can go to a dealer and climb to the front seats from the rear? If I can't, I'll send you money. I'll take a video for proof. I assume you have no physical disabilities?
My wife has a smaller Audi Q5 and I can 100% climb from the rear to the front. I can even do it in my tiny old BMW coupe. I'm not sure there's a passenger car in the world that you can't climb from the rear to the front, other than taxi and cop cars with lexan barriers.
Dude you do it and I'll buy a brew when you come in to the GTA.

OP should just take a picture of the seat, so we can judge and so engineered can accurately reproduce the scene.

I'm still waiting on the pics of the OP.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
8718 posts
7392 upvotes
Oakville
Kursor17 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 12:51 pm
To recreate the issue you'd have to have a front facing car seat in the middle, a rear facing car sear in the right seat, you'd be sitting in the left rear seat.
You can go to any Volvo dealer and 'test' it out. We meet before (if you wish) and after your video shooting and your prize awaits.
We can meet in Oakville.
Not sure I have enough car seats to replicate that. PM me when you're nearby. Should be fun, like an escape room. I'll put on a head mounted GoPro for that VR effect for everyone here :)
vkizzle wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 12:54 pm
I will send each of you a $25 Tim card for the time and effort in creating this harrowing experience.
May need the jaws of life to extract me I get stuck :)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2006
9670 posts
3734 upvotes
Brampton
engineered wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 1:22 pm
Not sure I have enough car seats to replicate that. PM me when you're nearby. Should be fun, like an escape room. I'll put on a head mounted GoPro for that VR effect for everyone here :)

You're gonna be on the 6PM news.
"Man dies after breaking penis in Volvo"
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
8718 posts
7392 upvotes
Oakville
tebore wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 1:17 pm
Dude you do it and I'll buy a brew when you come in to the GTA.

OP should just take a picture of the seat, so we can judge and so engineered can accurately reproduce the scene.

I'm still waiting on the pics of the OP.
Yea, that could work too. Just measure the height and width of the space between the front 2 seats and arm rest. I doubt it's tighter than our Q5. In try in the Q5 anyhow if I remember.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
18231 posts
1736 upvotes
Niagara Falls
It's going to be the new Internet fad.

That being said, if you're really concerned about being trapped in your car because it's working the way it was designed and you set up, you could always unhook the middle seat to provide you the extra space you need.

Really though, this sounds like a commercial in the making of why to get a minivan instead of SUV.

Might not look nearly as good, significantly more practical.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
24455 posts
10791 upvotes
Ottawa
Evil Baby wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 1:31 pm
It's going to be the new Internet fad.

That being said, if you're really concerned about being trapped in your car because it's working the way it was designed and you set up, you could always unhook the middle seat to provide you the extra space you need.

Really though, this sounds like a commercial in the making of why to get a minivan instead of SUV.

Might not look nearly as good, significantly more practical.
Do minivans have child safety locks on the sliding doors?
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
1743 posts
820 upvotes
Ottawa
Please make this happen... maybe even live stream it.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
8718 posts
7392 upvotes
Oakville
tebore wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 1:44 pm
They do yes.

YAS!
We should just get everyone in this thread to hop through, in a big, never ending circle, then save as a seamlessly looping gif.
Deal Guru
Jan 15, 2006
10675 posts
5847 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Kursor17 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 12:19 pm
$100 to the Charity of your choice.
You must install a car seat in the middle of the rear seat of the current model XC90.

Please post video in this thread.
How would having a child seat in the middle rear seat impact one on climbing between the from seats? Unless you’re stiff like a manniquin.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
3574 posts
1289 upvotes
Toronto
I once climbed into XC90 on passenger side because another car had parked so close and this lady car owner thought it was impossible to jungle gym inside the car.

So I can see why xc90 car owner think it's impossible but other people who don't own one think possible.

Just so you all know, it was tight fit because the ret@rd driver drives around with seats pulled all the way up on both driver and passenger, but once i did some few adjustments, I became a monkey.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
24455 posts
10791 upvotes
Ottawa
peteryorkuca wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 2:03 pm
I once climbed into XC90 on passenger side because another car had parked so close and this lady car owner thought it was impossible to jungle gym inside the car.

So I can see why xc90 car owner think it's impossible but other people who don't own one think possible.

Just so you all know, it was tight fit because the ret@rd driver drives around with seats pulled all the way up on both driver and passenger, but once i did some few adjustments, I became a monkey.
I did the same thing the other weekend and you have to go ass first over the center console and pull one leg over at a time.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2001
1568 posts
535 upvotes
Toronto
engineered wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 1:22 pm

PM sent. Let me know date and time of meet up.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2001
1568 posts
535 upvotes
Toronto
vkizzle wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 2:08 pm
I did the same thing the other weekend and you have to go ass first over the center console and pull one leg over at a time.
Centre console in the XC90 has a touch screen climate control for the 2nd row passengers to control themselves, so hopefully the person doing this escape doesn't damage anything.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
24455 posts
10791 upvotes
Ottawa
Kursor17 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 2:28 pm
PM sent. Let me know date and time of meet up.
2 X $25 Tim cards on standby.
Might be easier to re-create in your XC90, as you already have car seats installed.
I'd imagine the dealership might give you guys a hard time...I mean two guys walking in with car seats, wouldn't be taken seriously Winking Face