• Jan 15th, 2019 4:53 pm
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28842 posts
14653 upvotes
Ottawa
Kursor17 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 2:31 pm
Centre console in the XC90 has a touch screen climate control for the 2nd row passengers to control themselves, so hopefully the person doing this escape doesn't damage anything.
It was my wife's RX350.

[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2001
1620 posts
511 upvotes
Oakville
Deal is to use someone else's XC90 ;)

Space restrictions in the 2nd row (front facing car seat in middle, rear facing car seat on right side) has ready been pointed out.

I'll be like everyone else and witness the video, in all its glory, afterward.
vkizzle wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 2:32 pm
2 X $25 Tim cards on standby.
Might be easier to re-create in your XC90, as you already have car seats installed.
I'd imagine the dealership might give you guys a hard time...I mean two guys walking in with car seats, wouldn't be taken seriously Winking Face
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1606 posts
479 upvotes
Toronto
lol.. I didn't read all the pages but now I want a video of the OP trying to climb to the front.

If you reach forward couldn't your upper torso at least fit between the front seats so that you could start the engine? That way, you could at least row down the back windows.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
1992 posts
1000 upvotes
Mississauga
I understand that if the child lock is engaged, you cannot open the read doors from inside. I can also understand that OP finds it impossible to climb over the front seat. With the limited experience I have with cars, however, I have seen that the front passenger seat can usually be folded both towards the front and backwards, and this can be done from the inside of the car as well. So why did OP not do this and fold the front passenger seat to make more room for himself. He could have moved child seat to the third row temporarily to make some more room in the second row.
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
4014 posts
4279 upvotes
Toronto, ON
So much drama... seriously, in a life or death situation, you'd be able to break the window and open the door.

Even if not in immediate danger, I'm sure you can shift around kids and their seats to make more room to manuever - if not, maybe it's time for a minivan instead of the XC90.

#firstworldproblems
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2001
1620 posts
511 upvotes
Oakville
IndyBeak wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 2:53 pm
I understand that if the child lock is engaged, you cannot open the read doors from inside. I can also understand that OP finds it impossible to climb over the front seat. With the limited experience I have with cars, however, I have seen that the front passenger seat can usually be folded both towards the front and backwards, and this can be done from the inside of the car as well. So why did OP not do this and fold the front passenger seat to make more room for himself. He could have moved child seat to the third row temporarily to make some more room in the second row.
Front seats don't move down unless the XC90 was started. I think you're referring to manual seat adjusters.

How would you fully fold the 2nd row left seat that you're currently sitting on, when the 2nd row centre and right seats are occupied with child seats?
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11778 posts
11427 upvotes
Oakville
EP32k2 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 2:02 pm
How would having a child seat in the middle rear seat impact one on climbing between the from seats? Unless you’re stiff like a manniquin.
2nd row, not 3rd row.
Kursor17 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 2:31 pm
Centre console in the XC90 has a touch screen climate control for the 2nd row passengers to control themselves, so hopefully the person doing this escape doesn't damage anything.
I'll take my shoes off and be careful but no promises and waive all liability.
ds2chan wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 2:47 pm
lol.. I didn't read all the pages but now I want a video of the OP trying to climb to the front.
If you reach forward couldn't your upper torso at least fit between the front seats so that you could start the engine? That way, you could at least row down the back windows.
Need to press brake pedal to start car, but accessory position should still power windows.
Kursor17 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 2:39 pm
Deal is to use someone else's XC90 ;)
Who's? I thought we were using yours? Are there any on Turo?
vkizzle wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 2:32 pm
2 X $25 Tim cards on standby.
Might be easier to re-create in your XC90, as you already have car seats installed.
I'd imagine the dealership might give you guys a hard time...I mean two guys walking in with car seats, wouldn't be taken seriously Winking Face
Is Kursor a dude? Probably, I doubt a wife would meet up with some random internet stranger and have them climb through their car, lol.

If dealer doesn't like our same-sex family then we'll make a viral video showing Volvo hates LGBT families and get free Volvos for everyone in this thread as compensation. lol
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11778 posts
11427 upvotes
Oakville
Kursor17 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 3:07 pm
Front seats don't move down unless the XC90 was started. I think you're referring to manual seat adjusters.

How would you fully fold the 2nd row left seat that you're currently sitting on, when the 2nd row centre and right seats are occupied with child seats?
Really? That seems like a safety hazard if you can't move the seat without the engine one. Someone could be trapped in a crash or something. I know our Q5 seat will adjust without the key.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11778 posts
11427 upvotes
Oakville
Kursor17 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 2:28 pm
PM sent. Let me know date and time of meet up.
It's a date :) Time to limber up, lol.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2001
1620 posts
511 upvotes
Oakville
I had already mentioned in a few posts back to use a dealership. It's free.

Go to any Volvo dealer with your front facing car seat and say you're interested in buying but want to ensure your car seat installs ok. Then proceed to climb from the 2nd row to the front.
engineered wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 3:08 pm
2nd row, not 3rd row.

I'll take my shoes off and be careful but no promises and waive all liability.

Need to press brake pedal to start car, but accessory position should still power windows.

Who's? I thought we were using yours? Are there any on Turo?

Is Kursor a dude? Probably, I doubt a wife would meet up with some random internet stranger and have them climb through their car, lol.

If dealer doesn't like our same-sex family then we'll make a viral video showing Volvo hates LGBT families and get free Volvos for everyone in this thread as compensation. lol
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1606 posts
479 upvotes
Toronto
Kursor17 wrote:

I think he meant to tilt the driver seat forward. The most it usually goes is 45 degrees. But, you already said there is no manual lever and the seat cannot be adjusted without starting the car first so that point is moot.

How about what I said? Can you stretch your arms far enough or squeeze part of your upper torso between the seats so that you can hit the start button?
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28842 posts
14653 upvotes
Ottawa
Kursor17 wrote:

Did you try.
In many vehicles, you can still adjust the power seats without the need to start the vehicle, don't even need to get into ACC mode.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11778 posts
11427 upvotes
Oakville
Kursor17 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 3:18 pm
I had already mentioned in a few posts back to use a dealership. It's free.

Go to any Volvo dealer with your front facing car seat and say you're interested in buying but want to ensure your car seat installs ok. Then proceed to climb from the 2nd row to the front.
Boourns, I'm lazy, figured the meet up was to use your car.
We have a family trip this weekend and we'll be driving past the Burlington Volvo dealer. We'll see if the wife is up for stopping for a silly internet challenge. Maybe if the kids are restless and need a stop, but no way she'll agree if they're quiet.
Jul 14, 2013
586 posts
106 upvotes
Does OP even have the car in question? Not willing let engineered try it in person (with car seats already in place), not willing to post a picture of actual setup...
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28842 posts
14653 upvotes
Ottawa
n0thing wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 3:42 pm
Does OP even have the car in question? Not willing let engineered try it in person (with car seats already in place), not willing to post a picture of actual setup...
He does own an XC90...IIRC, he posted some pics a while back.
I think he's scared of damaging the leather or some of the fancy gadgets