• Oct 13th, 2018 8:17 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2012
1751 posts
222 upvotes
Canada
eonibm wrote:
Feb 24th, 2018 7:54 pm
I wonder if she was texting at the time.
Most likely it will all come to light when they conduct further investigation if and when the body is found.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2003
3326 posts
77 upvotes
These cases usually ends up as foul play by the mother.
There's too many suspicious things about this story.
The RFD Doctrine -
Toronto : Anywhere west of Montreal and east of Calgary.
Scarborough: Anywhere becomes Scarborough if it's a thread about crime.
UrbanPoet: Automatic 1-Star thread starter.
Google: RFD is faster than Google. Make a thread if you need to find out what bus to take.
Feb 21, 2018
40 posts
36 upvotes
Blunt wrote:
Feb 25th, 2018 4:06 pm
Seems like a horrible mistake to me, care to expand on the suspicious things?
Proud Sodomite 😋
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
9918 posts
1821 upvotes
Montréal
Blunt wrote:
Feb 25th, 2018 4:06 pm
I don't want to go that far yet but if she has a husband, they're probably heading towards a divorce. I dunno if I could stand looking at her.

The incident is weird, out so late only her and the kid and not driving carefully at all. I dunno the layout but just seems odd to miss a sign and suddenly go into a river to the pt of it flooding dangerously and you have to escape w your life, and then you lose grip of your kid. I hope it's nothing criminal but she was extremely careless at the very least.
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
16653 posts
1534 upvotes
Space for rent
yeah saw this when it was first reported. sad story. hope it isn't foul play but she will be burdened with regret.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
1893 posts
585 upvotes
Brampton, ON
I recall a news station that the locals in the area usually went around this road block to reach their homes quicker or something.

I highly doubt there was any ill intention on the mothers part, so lets leave her alone as one can not imagine how difficult of a time it must be for her and the loved ones.
Banned
Aug 22, 2017
248 posts
65 upvotes
Had she obeyed the road closure
her child would be alive today
Dec 20, 2006
368 posts
100 upvotes
This article has a little more info: https://www.thespec.com/news-story/8149 ... oodwaters/

"On Wednesday, at 12:52 a.m., Michelle Hanson was driving back from Grand Valley along the Tenth Line roadway in Dufferin County, with her son, Kaden. She left home to get cigarettes, she told police."

Such a tragic story. It breaks my heart reading about things like this. Especially if it was because she was compelled to get smokes at nearly 1 am.
the internet is serious business.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
9918 posts
1821 upvotes
Montréal
goneinsixtyseconds wrote:
Feb 26th, 2018 12:49 am
This article has a little more info: https://www.thespec.com/news-story/8149 ... oodwaters/

"On Wednesday, at 12:52 a.m., Michelle Hanson was driving back from Grand Valley along the Tenth Line roadway in Dufferin County, with her son, Kaden. She left home to get cigarettes, she told police."

Such a tragic story. It breaks my heart reading about things like this. Especially if it was because she was compelled to get smokes at nearly 1 am.
Oh boy.....I'm srsly having trouble biting my tongue. Smh.

Mother of the year /s
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
5728 posts
2918 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
tranquility922 wrote:
Feb 26th, 2018 1:05 am
Oh boy.....I'm srsly having trouble biting my tongue. Smh.

Mother of the year /s
Me too, it just screams "class act" doesn't it? 1AM cigarette run with the toddler FFS? I also think it is pretty suspicious. I can tell you there's no way I would have been coming out alive without my little one. I'm always suspicious in these situations. She wouldn't be the first mother to dispose of her kid this way if it was intentional.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
9918 posts
1821 upvotes
Montréal
Chickinvic wrote:
Feb 26th, 2018 6:41 am
Me too, it just screams "class act" doesn't it? 1AM cigarette run with the toddler FFS? I also think it is pretty suspicious. I can tell you there's no way I would have been coming out alive without my little one. I'm always suspicious in these situations. She wouldn't be the first mother to dispose of her kid this way if it was intentional.
Ya, unfortunately it's starting to look weird. Apparently she also has a 4 year old son...Not sure where he was when this occurred and if they were living together why she only took her 3 year old...So many questions.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
1150 posts
252 upvotes
Toronto
Those of you who are judging and shaming the mother should be ashamed of yourselves. It is more than likely that a family has just lost their child. Have some decency and respect.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
5728 posts
2918 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
jacquesstrap wrote:
Feb 26th, 2018 10:41 am
Those of you who are judging and shaming the mother should be ashamed of yourselves. It is more than likely that a family has just lost their child. Have some decency and respect.
Why? She isn't likely on this forum, and besides - it is a bit of a "iffy" situation. Yes, I do find it a bit trailer trash to be dragging your 3 year old out in the middle of the night to buy smokes. Also, like I said, I would not be coming out of that water alive without my small child. Just doesn't sit right with me.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
9918 posts
1821 upvotes
Montréal
jacquesstrap wrote:
Feb 26th, 2018 10:41 am
Don't be a sheep and knee jerk into outrage. Sometimes stupid ppl need to be called out. Life is hard then you die...In this case unfortunately Not her but her kid due to her utter stupidity and selfishness.

As you can see from my posts, I've tried to give her the benefit of the doubt but it's turning out that she's obviously not fit to be a mother, at the very least extremely careless and selfish, if not criminal.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
9918 posts
1821 upvotes
Montréal
Chickinvic wrote:
Feb 26th, 2018 12:14 pm
Yes, I do find it a bit trailer trash to be dragging your 3 year old out in the middle of the night to buy smokes. Also, like I said, I would not be coming out of that water alive without my small child.
Sadly, those pts are very true. She's an awful mom, period, in addition to being a crap driver and poor decisionmaker. To put her kid in srs danger due to a series of unfortunate events all of which were totally avoidable makes me angry because in the end she didn't die but her totally innocent kid.

Heck, I sometimes don't go in a planned errand due to possible freezing rain because I care about my car, a freaking inanimate object(!), and this woman's inadvertently willing to risk her son's life for a nicotine fix?