Child lost in raging river

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 13th, 2018 8:17 pm
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
23866 posts
1262 upvotes
Markham, ON
Not going to jump to any conclusions...but its similar to "Manchester by the Sea" ...well kind of...
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2012
1751 posts
222 upvotes
Canada
Blunt wrote:
Feb 25th, 2018 4:06 pm
These cases usually ends up as foul play by the mother.
There's too many suspicious things about this story.
Very similar to the susan smith case where the mother drowned her kids by car
Also this current mother is hiding from the media as is the family.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2012
1751 posts
222 upvotes
Canada
Chickinvic wrote:
Feb 26th, 2018 12:14 pm
Why? She isn't likely on this forum, and besides - it is a bit of a "iffy" situation. Yes, I do find it a bit trailer trash to be dragging your 3 year old out in the middle of the night to buy smokes. Also, like I said, I would not be coming out of that water alive without my small child. Just doesn't sit right with me.
Yes getting smokes at that time of night is highly dubious, not judging but she ha no self control for her nicotine fix .. wouldn’t be surprised if she’s a drinker too and abuses opioids , seems to fit the textbook profile of trailer park .. interesting to see toxicology report.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2036 posts
320 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
bluenose2 wrote:
Feb 26th, 2018 1:41 pm
Very similar to the susan smith case where the mother drowned her kids by car
Also this current mother is hiding from the media as is the family.
I was thinking the same thing. The more time that passes without them finding him, it makes me wonder if there is more going on. Did something else happen to this child, and the whole drove into the raging river overflow was a cover story. I hope I am wrong, but as each day goes by something seems off.
Banned
Jun 8, 2008
3977 posts
1375 upvotes
Toronto
JACKIE26 wrote:
Feb 26th, 2018 1:50 pm
I was thinking the same thing. The more time that passes without them finding him, it makes me wonder if there is more going on. Did something else happen to this child, and the whole drove into the raging river overflow was a cover story. I hope I am wrong, but as each day goes by something seems off.
I was wondering the same thing. Maybe the boy died elsewhere and she hid the body somewhere else - as in, her son isn't in the river at all and the whole river thing is a ruse. She went in there with her car - let his t-shirt go in the water for the story and then escaped (or maybe she had no intention of escaping that herself and then changed her mind). I admit, I haven't read a whole lot about this case but my imagination was wandering a bit. No matter what though, its a tragedy :(
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
1150 posts
252 upvotes
Toronto
tranquility922 wrote:
Feb 26th, 2018 1:15 pm
Don't be a sheep and knee jerk into outrage. Sometimes stupid ppl need to be called out. Life is hard then you die...In this case unfortunately Not her but her kid due to her utter stupidity and selfishness.

As you can see from my posts, I've tried to give her the benefit of the doubt but it's turning out that she's obviously not fit to be a mother, at the very least extremely careless and selfish, if not criminal.
There is nothing knee jerk about my post. Sometimes insensitive people need to be called out. There are some harsh comments on here passing shame and judgement to the mother, which is the last thing anyone should be concerned about at this time. Focus should be on finding this little boy.

Not sure who here is a parent, but I am, and I cannot imagine the heartache, guilt and sheer devastation this family is going through right now. No one should ever have to lose a child, regardless of circumstances involved. It is a terrible tragedy.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
1573 posts
289 upvotes
Ontario
I think some ppl watch way too much TV. She made some bad choices and lost her son. There is growing outrage in the area towards the lack of resources being used to find the body now. There were 500 ppl looking for his body on Saturday so everyone is trying to find the body.
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
23866 posts
1262 upvotes
Markham, ON
i didnt realize that the event occurred on Feb 21.....
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2012
1751 posts
222 upvotes
Canada
wirebound wrote:
Feb 26th, 2018 3:12 pm
I was wondering the same thing. Maybe the boy died elsewhere and she hid the body somewhere else - as in, her son isn't in the river at all and the whole river thing is a ruse. She went in there with her car - let his t-shirt go in the water for the story and then escaped (or maybe she had no intention of escaping that herself and then changed her mind). I admit, I haven't read a whole lot about this case but my imagination was wandering a bit. No matter what though, its a tragedy :(
wow that's an interesting angle.. it is possible since no body has been recovered and her background is somewhat sketchy, makes a good cover-up!!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
5728 posts
2918 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
jacquesstrap wrote:
Feb 26th, 2018 3:18 pm
There is nothing knee jerk about my post. Sometimes insensitive people need to be called out. There are some harsh comments on here passing shame and judgement to the mother, which is the last thing anyone should be concerned about at this time. Focus should be on finding this little boy.

Not sure who here is a parent, but I am, and I cannot imagine the heartache, guilt and sheer devastation this family is going through right now. No one should ever have to lose a child, regardless of circumstances involved. It is a terrible tragedy.
I am a parent (daughter is 25 now), and I can't imagine a situation where I would allow my "live" body leaving the water without my small child...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
5728 posts
2918 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
webshark wrote:
Feb 26th, 2018 3:46 pm
I think some ppl watch way too much TV. She made some bad choices and lost her son. There is growing outrage in the area towards the lack of resources being used to find the body now. There were 500 ppl looking for his body on Saturday so everyone is trying to find the body.
Not watching too much TV. This shit happens. She is either a weird skank who made terrible choices (starting with dragging her toddler on a cigarette run in the middle of the night and then doing some awful driving) or she's covering something up. Neither is great.
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
23866 posts
1262 upvotes
Markham, ON
well my youngest child follows my wife....everywhere if possible...i can understand him following in the car.

but going out for a pack of smokes at 1am....and who's looking after the 4 year old?...is pretty suspicious or really really bad choices.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
6309 posts
2347 upvotes
ON
jacquesstrap wrote:

Who do you blame for this tragedy ? The mother ? The vehicle ? The rain ? The road sign ?
I would like for all the people blaming the mother to look at how ironic they sound when they look at their posts on the US school tragedy. You know who you are.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
6309 posts
2347 upvotes
ON
Chickinvic wrote:
Feb 26th, 2018 4:33 pm
I am a parent (daughter is 25 now), and I can't imagine a situation where I would allow my "live" body leaving the water without my small child...
I'm inclined to agree with that sentiment, yet the survival instinct is something fierce. You don't know what you would do until you are in that situation. You know what you think you would do, but it might not be the same thing as the father of the little boy taken by the alligator at the Disney resort found out, if you remember the story.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
9918 posts
1821 upvotes
Montréal
jacquesstrap wrote:

I understand and I'm usually tactful and sensitive, but once I hear the reason for the stupid drive, all bets are off.

dilligafeh wrote:
Feb 26th, 2018 5:23 pm
Who do you blame for this tragedy ? The mother ? The vehicle ? The rain ? The road sign ?
I would like for all the people blaming the mother to look at how ironic they sound when they look at their posts on the US school tragedy. You know who you are.
What? What the heck does this have to do w the other? The only thing RFD has proven is that right leaners are far less intelligent than anyone else.
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>