Off Topic

Child lost in raging river

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 13th, 2018 8:17 pm
Newbie
Oct 2, 2011
4 posts
ORANGEVILLE
Obviously more information regarding this terrible tragedy has been disclosed since last posted.......in response to your comment "she isnt likely on this forum" and "trailer trash" I prefer you to ponder my response instead of further negative comments..... Although this was written back in feb...this is going to be on the internet for the long haul.....a simple goodge of her name.....you may not care if the mother herself is to read these comments but there are older siblings and relatives with a simple google just may.....these are terrible comments and be that as it may...poor judgment (certainly) things that could have been avoided....unfortunately yes....but there ARE impressionable eyes who are going to read these speculations and talking of "speculated scenarios" and downgrading their mother publically when at this point of time has not been said. You can not imagine what not just the mother but the siblings are enduring.....I say the same...I would be not coming out of their without my child.....thats our parental protection and nothing can drag me away....however our bodies are only human.....hypothermia can act as paralysis in below freezing temperatures...shock to the system ect.....I find it also trashy to have the right to say such terrible things without some sort of confirmed foul play.....please reconsider )everyone) these aweful comments because I know for a fact many of the family members are grieving and smaller eyes should not have to endure further pain
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 27, 2004
39410 posts
3598 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
workgirl2 wrote:
Apr 27th, 2018 12:00 am
Obviously more information regarding this terrible tragedy has been disclosed since last posted.......in response to your comment "she isnt likely on this forum" and "trailer trash" I prefer you to ponder my response instead of further negative comments..... Although this was written back in feb...this is going to be on the internet for the long haul.....a simple goodge of her name.....you may not care if the mother herself is to read these comments but there are older siblings and relatives with a simple google just may.....these are terrible comments and be that as it may...poor judgment (certainly) things that could have been avoided....unfortunately yes....but there ARE impressionable eyes who are going to read these speculations and talking of "speculated scenarios" and downgrading their mother publically when at this point of time has not been said. You can not imagine what not just the mother but the siblings are enduring.....I say the same...I would be not coming out of their without my child.....thats our parental protection and nothing can drag me away....however our bodies are only human.....hypothermia can act as paralysis in below freezing temperatures...shock to the system ect.....I find it also trashy to have the right to say such terrible things without some sort of confirmed foul play.....please reconsider )everyone) these aweful comments because I know for a fact many of the family members are grieving and smaller eyes should not have to endure further pain
I read one study about people who leave kids in burning hot cars.

The statistics show that it affects people across all socio and racial economic backgrounds!!!

Its not just "oh its some dumb red neck trailer trash that accident murdered his kids bc theyre an idiot".

Well educated doctora, tiger mom's and people who you would think are the greatest parents actually let this happen!

And its actually due to some sort of mental congnitive scientific thingy. Its bc of patterns, routine, and the stresses of modern life.
Moderator
User avatar
Jul 5, 2004
23292 posts
2857 upvotes
Wonder why it took the police so long to charge her with impaired. That's typically a charge that is laid right away.

So sad that her stupid decision cost a child his life.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Feb 24, 2007
13023 posts
1605 upvotes
Shaner wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 3:55 pm
Wonder why it took the police so long to charge her with impaired. That's typically a charge that is laid right away.

So sad that her stupid decision cost a child his life.
I will guess she is a single mother with probably some low income job and the booze was her elixir.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 27, 2009
5691 posts
2894 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
eldiablo wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 4:05 pm
I will guess she is a single mother with probably some low income job and the booze was her elixir.
I believe she is married. Either way, the whole scenario was shady as shit. I am glad they finally charged her, but I fully expect her to get off mainly because she's a woman.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2014
1441 posts
742 upvotes
Just Moved To Somewh…
Shaner wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 3:55 pm
Wonder why it took the police so long to charge her with impaired. That's typically a charge that is laid right away.

So sad that her stupid decision cost a child his life.
I would imagine the whole file was forwarded to the Crown Attorney to review and determine if there was sufficient evidence to warrant these charges with the likelihood of conviction as none of the charges are for over .08%, which would be the easier charge to prove. Some of these reviews can take some time.
“Before one can have a Clue they must first accumulate 10 Inklings. That said, all it takes is one bad post and you erase all Clues accumulated'"
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 19, 2012
1751 posts
222 upvotes
Canada
I called this last year and said the mother was responsible for his death she kept a low profile through of the whole investigation raising suspicion
Moderator
User avatar
Jul 5, 2004
23292 posts
2857 upvotes
rcmpvet wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 4:34 pm
I would imagine the whole file was forwarded to the Crown Attorney to review and determine if there was sufficient evidence to warrant these charges with the likelihood of conviction as none of the charges are for over .08%, which would be the easier charge to prove. Some of these reviews can take some time.
But you do gotta admit that impaired is typically laid at the scene, even if it's not over .08.

In your experience, how common is it to lay that charge 2 months later?
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2014
1441 posts
742 upvotes
Just Moved To Somewh…
Shaner wrote:
Oct 12th, 2018 12:05 am
But you do gotta admit that impaired is typically laid at the scene, even if it's not over .08.

In your experience, how common is it to lay that charge 2 months later?
Very true and in my experience this is rare. However my experience was in Alberta where, at the time, we were not mandated to have the Crown review full case files prior to the laying of serious charges. If I am not mistaken I believe it is policy in Ontario to have the Crown review such case files first, especially when a death is involved. That is still not to say the impaired charge is laid first with others to follow should evidence reveal additional charges warranted. There may also be some "optics" in play, ie grieving mother, search for child, hold off until all that is resolved, mourning ended, etc. Even one of my own cases where a young child was killed I held off the laying of charges against a father, allowed him time to grieve, etc. He was advised in advance what was going to happen down the road.
“Before one can have a Clue they must first accumulate 10 Inklings. That said, all it takes is one bad post and you erase all Clues accumulated'"
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
1168 posts
2 upvotes
bluenose2 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 6:59 pm
I called this last year and said the mother was responsible for his death she kept a low profile through of the whole investigation raising suspicion
Didn't you say it was a homicide? This was not a homicide.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2014
1441 posts
742 upvotes
Just Moved To Somewh…
bluenose2 wrote:
Feb 24th, 2018 9:45 am
Any death which involves a minor is being treated as suspicious or possible homicide right now it’s in its early stages but once the body has been recovered and an autopsy has been completed police will release more information regarding this tragic case.
ThinkOutsideTheBox wrote:
Oct 12th, 2018 9:51 am
Didn't you say it was a homicide? This was not a homicide.
Legally speaking you are both right, however it is not just the death of minors, it is all deaths unless evidence shows otherwise. As for this particular case it is legally a homicide.

https://www.canlii.org/en/ca/laws/stat/ ... e__1013651
“Before one can have a Clue they must first accumulate 10 Inklings. That said, all it takes is one bad post and you erase all Clues accumulated'"

Top