1) I got primary custody of my children. My ex dumped her second husband (he was a great guy) and went with a dickhead that assaulted my daughter.
2) She had a great government job, went on mat leave with child from 3rd husband, decided to not got back to work for 5 years (.gov job allows this).
3) Child Support Order based on mat leave income, so that is $351/month -- currently behind.
4) Marry my second "sweetheart". Rather than badmouth her, let's say she was different then what she presented herself to be.
5) She left the marriage after her child, that ran away months before, got kicked out of her dads.
6) After going on her leave from a decent job (a bank), she finally got fired for never returning their calls to go back, and got a job at this shady place that fixes cars (panel benders). -- this after we separate.
7) Children are left with a second deadbeat mom.
My plan is to go after her for child support and also the credit cards that she had had her name on.
Getting child support from a mom is hard enough, from a mom and step-mom for same 2 kids will be most difficult. However, the kids are without a mom, and first mom pays so little. Divorce Act define a parent as natural parent or someone that steps-in as a parent, which she did for 18 months, to an extent I guess.
I am not going to seek full support, as she has another kid in another province -- tho she doesn't pay support for that kid either.
It's a messed up situation....but I am doing this for the kids...
If anyone has been though something similar, please chirp in.