• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2009 12:21 am
Tags:
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15496 posts
1445 upvotes
GTA
i bought one and it's a waste of time because i live in a condo and my walls are not thick enough to have a thicker door which means the bar doesn't stay up on its own.

make sure you measure your door and don't believe the box when it says "fits in any door way" cuz the store i bought it from also has a no returns policy.

so now i'm stuck with a power gym bar with no use. if anyone wants it for $60, let me know.
Nov 9, 2005
125 posts
9 upvotes
actng wrote:
Mar 31st, 2009 3:26 pm
i bought one and it's a waste of time because i live in a condo and my walls are not thick enough to have a thicker door which means the bar doesn't stay up on its own.

make sure you measure your door and don't believe the box when it says "fits in any door way" cuz the store i bought it from also has a no returns policy.

so now i'm stuck with a power gym bar with no use. if anyone wants it for $60, let me know.
Same here man. Does anyone know if the Iron Gym will fit thinner walls rather than the power gym? My walls are about 3 to 3.5 inches thick.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2005
2300 posts
350 upvotes
North York
Scryed wrote:
Mar 31st, 2009 3:28 pm
Same here man. Does anyone know if the Iron Gym will fit thinner walls rather than the power gym? My walls are about 3 to 3.5 inches thick.
I think this was the reason why my friend got the Perfect Pull up for his condo because it doesn't matter how thick your walls are. He tried the ones like Iron gym and didn't work for him.
Nov 9, 2005
125 posts
9 upvotes
mwong168 wrote:
Mar 31st, 2009 3:45 pm
I think this was the reason why my friend got the Perfect Pull up for his condo because it doesn't matter how thick your walls are. He tried the ones like Iron gym and didn't work for him.
Thanks! I had a feeling other models wouldn't work. Don't understand why they can't make it adjustable.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2005
2300 posts
350 upvotes
North York
Scryed wrote:
Mar 31st, 2009 3:55 pm
Thanks! I had a feeling other models wouldn't work. Don't understand why they can't make it adjustable.
Well I wouldn't say other models won't work but he tried one similar to the Iron gym but returned it. Personally I like the pefect pull up's mounting compared to using the wall and door frame unless it was like this :)

Mar 17, 2007
412 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
Scryed wrote:
Mar 31st, 2009 3:06 pm
Hey guys,

I recently purchased the Power Gym pull up bar from CT. Problem was that my walls are too thin (seems to be the case for most town houses/condo/apartments). The bar would not sit properly on the wall/door. My walls are about 3 to 3.5 inches thick. Does anyone know of any other pull up bar that will work with my thin wall? I'm trying to find something like the one posted where you can easily hang the pull up bar on the door trim.
i had the same exact problem. Unfortunately all of these pull up bars are around the same size and will not fit on the doorframes in condos or apartments... the sucky thing is that my doorframes are also too thin for the perfect pull-up or any of the other ones that you can drill into the walls so i'm stuck using resistance bands on hooks... damn modern living!
Deal Addict
May 14, 2008
2456 posts
523 upvotes
Sweet, I've been thinking about where to find one of these for a while. Bad Bath and Beyond would not have been at the top of my list... will check it out!
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
11481 posts
4827 upvotes
Toronto
not sure why eneyone's having problems but I'm using the Iron Gym (purchase from Bed, Bath & Beyond) in my Condo with no problems.
Mar 11, 2004
740 posts
421 upvotes
Quebec City
I have the one from Walmart for sale, if anyone is interested. I'm in Quebec City but will ship if necessary. I installed my own pull-up bar in the basement. PM if interested.
Mar 22, 2005
664 posts
741 upvotes
Québec,Qc
jakeoh wrote:
Mar 31st, 2009 5:31 pm
I have the one from Walmart for sale, if anyone is interested. I'm in Quebec City but will ship if necessary. I installed my own pull-up bar in the basement. PM if interested.
Hey, I'm from Quebec City! and I bought that crappy chin up bar too like to one we see some thread before... the Power Bar Gym... Big crap... If someone is interrested in it.. I'm selling it 10$ and I'm giving you 2 band-aid FREE... but you will need to sign a letter of discharge before you leave.
Banned
Nov 11, 2006
8770 posts
30 upvotes
dam that iron gym 30 bux one is not bad...where in the GTA is this store, i'll use the curtis gps! :cheesygri :idea: also gotta BT that huge p90x series...thing is HUGE file!
E5200 @ 3.5200 Ghz BIOS 1.38125v 24/7 | Asus P5Q PRO | G.Skill F2-8000CL5D 8GB ram @ 853MHz on 2.10v | 1 TB Samsung F1 Spinpoint HD | 1 TB Seagate 7200.11 rpm| 1 TB WD1001FALS Black Caviar | Antec SONATA 500w Designer Case | BFG NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT OC+ 512MB PCIe 2.0 | OCZ Vendetta 2 HSF | Samsung LN40A530 C(rappy) panel | Logitech G51 sound | Xbox 360 60gb | *PS3 w/ 263gb | Nintendo Wii LU37 | Vista Ultimate x64

/me wuz pwn3d by GAG forums lolz