• Sep 8th, 2017 3:51 am
Tags:
156 replies
Jun 15, 2012
778 posts
60 upvotes
MB
I think Chinese will win.
"I will tell you how to become rich. Close the doors. Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful."
- Warren Buffett
May 22, 2016
757 posts
98 upvotes
Ontario
The chinese want to eliminate the competition for cheap goods. Everyone hates the U.S while China sneaks around slowly taking over.
May 22, 2011
293 posts
18 upvotes
Vancouver
Misleading title, this is just a border dispute, it won't spill into a full blown war. China's already won a number of border skirmishes against Hindia, most prominent being the Indo-Sino war of 1962, so I doubt Hindia has any chance of winning this time. In fact, Hindia went begging to the US to bail them out, since China had grabbed so much territory; only when the US sent carrier groups into the Hindian Ocean did China back off.

The aftermath was quite severe for people of Chinese origin living in India, as they were thrown into concentration camps for 5 years, where many of them perished. The ones which survived were deported or forced to leave Hindia.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
1373 posts
342 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Any reason why you are calling India hindia?

More than just hindues you know.
May 22, 2016
757 posts
98 upvotes
Ontario
flyingnurse wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 11:53 pm
Any reason why you are calling India hindia?

More than just hindues you know.
Any reason you are calling them Hindues?

No hindues in India. Maybe some in Hindia.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
1373 posts
342 upvotes
Brampton, ON
webshark wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 12:04 am
Any reason you are calling them Hindues?

No hindues in India. Maybe some in Hindia.
Okay fair point...why is he referring to india as hindia.

There are other religions in India than just hinduism.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2011
2967 posts
290 upvotes
NORTH VANCOUVER
flyingnurse wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 12:25 am
Okay fair point...why is he referring to india as hindia.

There are other religions in India than just hinduism.

Maybe he believes in the Khalistan movement which Indira Gandhi CRUSHED!!!
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
1373 posts
342 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Sharks316 wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 1:58 am
Maybe he believes in the Khalistan movement which Indira Gandhi CRUSHED!!!
Perhaps, or he believes in no such movement to begin with and thinks Sikhs should not exist.

Please clarify.
Dec 2, 2007
812 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto
It is very unlikely China will go to war with India. China has much at stake economically with the US hence China can't go shooting at India.
Sep 13, 2016
916 posts
403 upvotes
mr_raider wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 7:33 am
Either it's a typo, or he is a disciple of Modi:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindutva
Hindutva - Hindi meaning for Hinduism. I don't know exactly what you were trying to do there.

Anyway, the dynamics are far more different than they were in 1962. There is not going to by any war between China and India. Both countries understand that. There are border disputes, and China has been emboldened by the recent successes they had pushing weaker countries in south China sea region. They are trying similar tactics against India which is not going to work. The current standoff has been going on for almost 2 years now, only the places have changed. Earlier it was in the northernmost part of India (Ladakh), and right now it's in the north-eastern part of India. You would find it interesting that there has not been a single shot fired by either armies despite heavy personnel and artillery presence on either side.
Penalty Box
Oct 15, 2006
4261 posts
433 upvotes
which country do the people of that region consider theirs?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2014
2150 posts
314 upvotes
Mississauga
Kingmoo wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 10:02 am
which country do the people of that region consider theirs?
Bhutan.

I agree with Indybreak to some point but there are chances of full fledged war if any skirmishes do happen this time. India is not what it was in 1962.
Oh sada kehra bapu karda black nee, Jehra tere shahir (Toronto), Le lawan flat nee
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2010
1486 posts
192 upvotes
Markham
webshark wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 11:41 pm
The chinese want to eliminate the competition for cheap goods. Everyone hates the U.S while China sneaks around slowly taking over.
I agree 100%. They are very greasy.