Tags:
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
3517 posts
612 upvotes
Alberta
webshark wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 11:41 pm
The chinese want to eliminate the competition for cheap goods.
Maybe they are trying to take over India's call centres also.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
15554 posts
1688 upvotes
Montreal
insync44 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 9:58 am
Personally I don't think Hindia or India will be a pushover, unlike in 1962. They have a very well equipped and large army, navy and air force. Plus China is a respected member of the World Community, now, unlike in 1962, when they were pariahs.
There will be no war. Any conflict would end up in South Asia being bathed in radiation up to Shanghai. Considering that radioactive cloud may form on China's north east border anyday, I suspect they will leave this alone.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
10822 posts
1463 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Will silk prices fall or go up?
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Apr 12, 2015
505 posts
317 upvotes
Alberta
India doesn't stand a chance against China.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2014
2125 posts
303 upvotes
Mississauga
2big2fail wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 10:02 pm
India doesn't stand a chance against China.
I think indian army is 2big2fail
Oh sada kehra bapu karda black nee, Jehra tere shahir (Toronto), Le lawan flat nee
Apr 12, 2015
505 posts
317 upvotes
Alberta
MehtabS wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 10:43 pm
I think indian army is 2big2fail
That's what they thought back in 1962.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2008
4669 posts
333 upvotes
2big2fail wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 10:45 pm
That's what they thought back in 1962.
Nobody failed in 1962. It was a minor skirmish at best and neither side dared to commit to anything more.
Apr 12, 2012
632 posts
136 upvotes
Toronto
India is a lost-cause. The amount of rubbish on the streets of Indian cities is just insane! How can Indians live with this kind of filth? If you don't believe me, just use Google Images.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2015
1095 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Stop fighting folks..agreed that chiense are powerful but india in current context can kick chiense ass very bad. India has nuclear triad now.
So relax the rest of the world would not let them go.to.war so easily. Lots of talks will.happen.
Friendship only exist between.equal.power.
This is why i do not believe in bigger countries telling others not to make nukes. Everyone should be free then.kick each others ass.
Why south korea not developing nukes, i am.surpirsed .
If india would not have nukes, chiense would have already occupied some territory. Now they are reluctant. We need more nukes folks bring them.up...
Dec 26, 2015
128 posts
72 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
A bit of history after 62 China has dug into mountains in the everest region. India built hypersonic cruise missiles to take out those bunkers and China's aircraft carrier. Fact only 40 of those missiles are needed to overwhelm a carrier group. Fact India is selling these.missiles to anyone who wants them in South China sea....... Fact I just wanna see them work. Thses are not like those tomahawk.....US is still in the experimental state on the hypersonic cruise missiles pak 50 is another sort.of a thing that India has. There ground forces a lot is required there equipment is reaching obsolences. Anti submarine warfare is a joke. Air force a lot is desired I think it will be a sweeping action by the Chinese army which triggers India's nukes.....
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2006
3995 posts
387 upvotes
systemdude wrote:
Aug 13th, 2017 6:18 pm
A bit of history after 62 China has dug into mountains in the everest region. India built hypersonic cruise missiles to take out those bunkers and China's aircraft carrier. Fact only 40 of those missiles are needed to overwhelm a carrier group. Fact India is selling these.missiles to anyone who wants them in South China sea....... Fact I just wanna see them work. Thses are not like those tomahawk.....US is still in the experimental state on the hypersonic cruise missiles pak 50 is another sort.of a thing that India has. There ground forces a lot is required there equipment is reaching obsolences. Anti submarine warfare is a joke. Air force a lot is desired I think it will be a sweeping action by the Chinese army which triggers India's nukes.....
Understanding your post was a feat in itself.

Regardless, lets not pretend india has beautiful weaponry that the USA hasnt developed yet
May 22, 2011
292 posts
18 upvotes
Vancouver
Archanfel wrote:
Aug 13th, 2017 12:12 am
Nobody failed in 1962. It was a minor skirmish at best and neither side dared to commit to anything more.
How the war started is a little nebulous, but it was a humiliating defeat for Hindia. As per Henderson Brookes Report: Nehru wanted Hindia to establish forward posts which were often inside Chinese territory. Nehru thought China wouldn't defend such a remote region, but his gamble ended in a debacle. This report was gagged by the government but eventually leaked in by an Australian news paper.

Hindia had a huge army but it didn't have the logistics in place to deploy troops in high altitude mountainous terrain, hence 20,000 Hindians went up against 80,000 Chinese, not to mention Chinese troops had far superior kits/equipment. At the end, when defeat was near, Hindia went begging to the United States for help. Only when the US pushed it's Pacific Carrier Group into the Indian Ocean did China back off.

In fact, the US had to apply some heavy diplomatic pressure on Pakistan not to attack from the west. Had Chinese troops pushed inland and Pakistan joined in, Hindia as a nation would have been finished.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2008
4669 posts
333 upvotes
studolf wrote:
Aug 14th, 2017 4:51 am
How the war started is a little nebulous, but it was a humiliating defeat for Hindia. As per Henderson Brookes Report: Nehru wanted Hindia to establish forward posts which were often inside Chinese territory. Nehru thought China wouldn't defend such a remote region, but his gamble ended in a debacle. This report was gagged by the government but eventually leaked in by an Australian news paper.

Hindia had a huge army but it didn't have the logistics in place to deploy troops in high altitude mountainous terrain, hence 20,000 Hindians went up against 80,000 Chinese, not to mention Chinese troops had far superior kits/equipment. At the end, when defeat was near, Hindia went begging to the United States for help. Only when the US pushed it's Pacific Carrier Group into the Indian Ocean did China back off.

In fact, the US had to apply some heavy diplomatic pressure on Pakistan not to attack from the west. Had Chinese troops pushed inland and Pakistan joined in, Hindia as a nation would have been finished.
Had, could, would. The reality is that China didn't gain anything other than face, which ironically was more important than anything else to them. It can be argued that both sides lost diplomatically with India seen as weak and China seen as an aggressor. I'd say India came out ahead overall since nobody except Chinese still thinks them weak now (with several wins against Pakistan), yet everybody still thinks China as an aggressor.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
15554 posts
1688 upvotes
Montreal
studolf wrote:
Aug 14th, 2017 4:51 am

Dude you are going to have to explain your insistence on spelling in India with an H in ENGLISH. If you want to use the historical term, just use Hindustan or Bharat.