May 31, 2004
193 posts
23 upvotes
Earth
is there a english version of 今日影视 ??
Mar 18, 2007
54 posts
4 upvotes
Is there anyone out there using RSS player and Vchannel on an Android 8 TV box ? Everything works fine on my Android 7 box. I just got a new box running Android 8. Both RSS player and Vchannel are not working properly. I am using a USB mouse. For both RSS player and Vchannel, the first page of what is listed works fine. When I scroll down, it seems that once it pass the first page whatever comes later when I click on it I am back to the first page so I cannot play anything pass the first page. The box works fine with youtube. I am not sure if it is the problem with the box or it is just the Vchannel and RSS player apps are not supported under Android V8.
Penalty Box
Apr 25, 2013
6961 posts
1210 upvotes
RFD_User wrote:
Dec 1st, 2018 11:20 pm
Is there anyone out there using RSS player and Vchannel on an Android 8 TV box ? Everything works fine on my Android 7 box. I just got a new box running Android 8. Both RSS player and Vchannel are not working properly. I am using a USB mouse. For both RSS player and Vchannel, the first page of what is listed works fine. When I scroll down, it seems that once it pass the first page whatever comes later when I click on it I am back to the first page so I cannot play anything pass the first page. The box works fine with youtube. I am not sure if it is the problem with the box or it is just the Vchannel and RSS player apps are not supported under Android V8.
VChannel does not works with Android Media players and only will work on tablet and smartphones. RSS Player should still work on Android Media players, make sure you have the correct url: http://allrss.se/dramas
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2004
4560 posts
278 upvotes
Toronto
I tried to fix this when I bought my M8S+ in 2015 but never able to successfully to install the app in my box.

Indeed, there were shows (especially from Hong Kong) available in VChannel and unable to find in any RSS Player uses http://allrss.se/dramas.
EdT586 wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2018 9:44 pm
VChannel does not works with Android Media players and only will work on tablet and smartphones. RSS Player should still work on Android Media players, make sure you have the correct url: http://allrss.se/dramas
h2o- a.k.a. 阿水 (Ah Sui)

Mar 18, 2007
54 posts
4 upvotes
h2o- wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 8:56 am
I tried to fix this when I bought my M8S+ in 2015 but never able to successfully to install the app in my box.

Indeed, there were shows (especially from Hong Kong) available in VChannel and unable to find in any RSS Player uses http://allrss.se/dramas.
I may just be lucky. As I said I have both Vchannel and RSS player working on my Android 7 TV box. As a matter of fact, they are still working on my new Android 8 TV box except that it will not go pass the first page.
Yes Vchannel has shows that RSS does not. I have Android 5 boxes back in 2015 which I was able to install Vchannel but always got the error "cannot load URL". I did some searching and people said that can be fixed if I rooted the box and update the profile. I did not do that because Vchannel is just my backup for RSS to watch TVB stuff. So I did not take risk of rooting my Android 5 box which may result in breaking the box entirely.
Penalty Box
Apr 25, 2013
6961 posts
1210 upvotes
RFD_User wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 5:12 pm
I may just be lucky. As I said I have both Vchannel and RSS player working on my Android 7 TV box. As a matter of fact, they are still working on my new Android 8 TV box except that it will not go pass the first page.
Yes Vchannel has shows that RSS does not. I have Android 5 boxes back in 2015 which I was able to install Vchannel but always got the error "cannot load URL". I did some searching and people said that can be fixed if I rooted the box and update the profile. I did not do that because Vchannel is just my backup for RSS to watch TVB stuff. So I did not take risk of rooting my Android 5 box which may result in breaking the box entirely.
Yes the vChannel server has a list of accepted devices and the mediaplayer box are not on them only tablets and smartphones. You need to change the profile of the mediaplayer box so that the server thinks it is a tablet or smartphone.
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2004
4560 posts
278 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah I heard but how? Someone told me the solution was once available on some Android site but no longer searchable 2-3 yrs ago, hence I gave up trying it.
EdT586 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 6:19 pm
...... You need to change the profile of the mediaplayer box so that the server thinks it is a tablet or smartphone.
h2o- a.k.a. 阿水 (Ah Sui)

Penalty Box
Apr 25, 2013
6961 posts
1210 upvotes
h2o- wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 9:50 pm
Yeah I heard but how? Someone told me the solution was once available on some Android site but no longer searchable 2-3 yrs ago, hence I gave up trying it.
You need to have the box rooted and change it's identifier to one of the more well known smartphones or tablets almost like an Android emulator app for your desktop that make sites think it is a smartphone.
Mar 18, 2007
54 posts
4 upvotes
Found out a little more about the issue. If I use the remote that comes with the box, everything works as expected. It is just not convenient to click the down button 100 times to get to the 4th page if there are 25 entries per page. Use the mouse to scroll is a lot faster. Looks like that the mouse scrolling works a little different on Android 8. The left and right mouse click works fine. This information is more for people like me who have been lucky with the Android box and purchase a new box with the latest version.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)