Group Buys

Chinese / Asian / Hong Kong Android IPTV Box Group Buy - Moonbox/TVpad Replacement

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2018 1:44 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15115 posts
1035 upvotes
Scarborough

Chinese / Asian / Hong Kong Android IPTV Box Group Buy - Moonbox/TVpad Replacement

BlueTV is dead. Adding EVPAD PRO
Adding HKE360

A number of you have asked me to put together a group buy to replace your Moonbox. Here is what I'm able to put together... if you have another box in mind please PM me and I'll try to get it added... I asked the distributor to cut us a deal on HTV and he couldn't really offer anything super enticing. He suggested two boxes and gave us an awesome price... BlueTV/Coolbox (same apps, similar box, different geos. BlueTV usually sold is Asia, Coolbox usually sold here, but doesn't matter, the boxes will work anywhere.) This is a TVPad4/5/4.5 clone by TVPad. EVPad2S is a Moonbox fork.

I tested both boxes throughout the weekend... BlueTV/Coolbox seems more stable but it is pricier.

EVPad2S has much more older content listed but not as reliable in terms of availability. (Some shows/episodes were spinning at 0kb/s, some were empty placeholders, most worked fine), but this is way cheap at $150.

Both are working better than Moonbox to say the least. My recommendation is the BlueTV/Coolbox - not because it costs more, but because it seems to work better than EVPad2S.

Neither is Android 6 so Kodi v17 won't work on them.

Prices are below:
HTV5 / A2 - $230
Evpad 2S - $160
EVpad PRO- $200
HKE360 app - $60 per year
HKE360 box - $140

This is probably the most complex group buy I have ran to date, since prior group buys were for single products... so I will need your help to keep this organized.

To order, please send EMT or Interac eTransfer to my email address (PM me for email address) and clearly state in the EMT what you are ordering and what quantities, along with your name, and contact phone/email address.

Pickup location will mainly be my home office in Scarborough... but I do work out of my Etobicoke and Markham offices during the work week so I may be able to accommodate meetups closer to you if Scarborough is far and if it's not too out of my way.

If I've missed anything, please feel free to ask.

edit: updated pricing...
edit: added evpad pro, hke360
Last edited by actng on Apr 17th, 2017 5:23 pm, edited 6 times in total.
MOONBOX REPLACEMENT:IPTV Group Buy
57 replies
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15115 posts
1035 upvotes
Scarborough
So... how do you decide?

Go with HTV5 if you like brand name and proven history. HTV5 has been more or less steady the past few years despite TVPad and Moonbox **** ups. This is an expensive box though with little room for price discounts.

If you feel this business model is flawed, because more users mean more strain on servers, slow load times, poor performance... etc. and you want to get a newcomer box... EVPad and Coolbox are good options since their install base is low and from what I know, are separate from their Moonbox and TVpad userbase.

If you feel Moonbox had a good user interface, go with EVpad2S, it's almost identical. It's also the cheapest. But there's no guarantee the content you want to watch will actually work.

If you want "redundancy", go with Coolbox since it has TWO apps within which has "live, replay, vod" all in one app... times two separate apps, so if one app doesn't work you can goto the other app...
Last edited by actng on Apr 17th, 2017 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 16, 2004
183 posts
Toronto
Are you selling the HtV5 A2 model?
bump.....
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
1438 posts
392 upvotes
GTA
do these boxes have the time shift feature? I dont want to watch my TVB series at 8am.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15115 posts
1035 upvotes
Scarborough
time shift app became obsolete with the introduction of 7 day replay app

you can make your own timeshift to any time in the last 7 days, at any time you wish
Sep 6, 2017
317 posts
164 upvotes
for elderly parents that was use to tvpads what would you recommend for ease and reliability to see TVB shows?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15115 posts
1035 upvotes
Scarborough
at this exact moment I have personally tested evpad blue tv and htv5 (aka) A2 and they all work fairly well. keep in mind no service is perfect...
Apr 10, 2017
535 posts
188 upvotes
actng wrote:
Jul 7th, 2017 11:36 am
time shift app became obsolete with the introduction of 7 day replay app

you can make your own timeshift to any time in the last 7 days, at any time you wish
I'm fairly new to the IPTV world and have a Mag254. Is it possible for my box?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15115 posts
1035 upvotes
Scarborough
Biscayne05 wrote:
Oct 17th, 2017 6:32 pm
I'm fairly new to the IPTV world and have a Mag254. Is it possible for my box?
this thread is for group buy of a new Evpad2S BlueTV or A2
Mag254 is not part of the group buy

thanks for your interest!