Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
1084 posts
424 upvotes
Oakville, ON

Chinese buns Mississauga?

Anyone know a good Chinese bun place in Mississauga or surrounding area ? Please no t n t or oceans prepackaged buns... have a weird craving for some anyone know a hidden gem Chinese bakery by chance ???
8 replies
Feb 5, 2007
241 posts
18 upvotes
Mississauga
akko creditview/burnhamthorpe
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
1084 posts
424 upvotes
Oakville, ON
leeoku wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 3:46 pm
Cool what's their pricing like ? And what kind of buns do they carry ? What would you recommend
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2005
4599 posts
818 upvotes
Markham
Try this place. Had a great BBQ pork pineapple bun there before.

Papa John's Bakery
223 Ceremonial Dr #11-12, Mississauga, ON L5R 2N3
(905) 568-1668

https://goo.gl/maps/n7N3rJQzLzu
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
1026 posts
189 upvotes
leeoku wrote:
Akko has been around forever (I'd say 20 years at least). Best I've had in Mississauga by far.

There's a place in the Chinese plaza on Dundas (East of Cawthra) that is a decent alternative.

The shop at Dixie Park (aka Eastgate) is passable, but not really what I'd recommend unless I was already there.

Dixie Value Mall has a place however I can't comment on their quality.
Last edited by 13inches on Nov 7th, 2017 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 5, 2007
241 posts
18 upvotes
Mississauga
prices for all buns have risen across the board. Prob around $1/bun. They have a weird pricing system where it is 6+ items you get 7% off. It also is cash only.

BBQ Pork buns are the best prob there, honestly all are good depending on your taste. They have all the standard ones and some newer ones that are sweeter/different flavours. If you like japanese style cheesecake they make them fresh early in the morning.

buns aside I like their egg tarts most
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
1084 posts
424 upvotes
Oakville, ON
leeoku wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 6:58 pm
prices for all buns have risen across the board. Prob around $1/bun. They have a weird pricing system where it is 6+ items you get 7% off. It also is cash only.

BBQ Pork buns are the best prob there, honestly all are good depending on your taste. They have all the standard ones and some newer ones that are sweeter/different flavours. If you like japanese style cheesecake they make them fresh early in the morning.

buns aside I like their egg tarts most
Sounds good hate curry except curry buns are the curry buns any good ? Rib like BBQ pork pineapple buns or minced meet ?....and is the cheesecake same or better than that uncle tetsus place? I'd go to pacific mall they have some good buns there but I think it's way out of the way east just for Chinese buns
Feb 5, 2007
241 posts
18 upvotes
Mississauga
They have curry beef and chicken. Growing up I ate those alot and now not much has changed. The bbq pork pieces look similar to the bbq pork you buy at a butcher place.

Cheesecake probably isn't as good at Tetsu's (it still is very light and fluffy) but decent. My Chinese parents love it.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10154 posts
704 upvotes
Mississauga
leeoku wrote:
mrfrugal83 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 4:10 pm
Cool what's their pricing like ? And what kind of buns do they carry ? What would you recommend
My tip is get to Akko early, like before noon. They usually sell out early. If you go there in the afternoon, expect to see a lot of empty shelves. That's how popular they are.