Parenting

Chinese calendar gender prediction

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2013 12:27 am
Tags:
None

Poll: Has this calender been accurate for you?

• Total votes: 27. You have voted on this poll.
100% Accurate

26%
More accurate than not (Over 50%)

4%
50/50

26%
Less accurate (Less than 50%)

11%
Wrong on all accounts

33%
Sep 30, 2012
305 posts
41 upvotes
Hamilton

Chinese calendar gender prediction

Recently my wife and I found out that she's pregnant. Even though it is early and I don't want to get my hopes up just yet, I can't help but get excited. So lately I'm looking at these gender predictions for fun and I understand that the scientific approach is 50/50, but this one site has been pretty darn accurate with almost all the births I've put in it (Siblings, relatives, and friends). Out of 22 people I've put in it, only 3 came out wrong, that's 86% success rate :-0

I personally don't care if it's a boy or a girl so long as they're healthy, I just find it fascinating and was wondering what the census was like out there. I've made a poll and the link to the site is this:

http://www.baby2see.com/gender/prediction.html
19 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2007
1655 posts
54 upvotes
Mississauga
It was wrong for me. All of the online quizzes, etc I did said boy.......and we got lovely girl :)
Apr 4, 2010
315 posts
128 upvotes
It was wrong for us (I was quite into the whole gender prediction as well lol)
Jun 12, 2008
611 posts
60 upvotes
Ripley
That was wrong 3 out of 4 times for my kids. Even ultrasounds aren't 100% accurate.
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2001
14330 posts
1283 upvotes
Oshawa
Did you not study the human reproductive system in school?
[OP]
Sep 30, 2012
305 posts
41 upvotes
Hamilton
starboy869 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 9:06 pm
Ever heard of x and y ?
Funny that you say this considering human genetics is one of my favorite subjects to the point that I even got DNA tested (Y-DNA/mtDNA and Autosomes) for the fun of it. I have also been very active for the past 3 years in the online genetic communities so I do know a thing or two on the subject. I just found it pretty weird how out of the 22 individuals I put, 3 were wrong. Must have been some strong coincidence.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2011
8402 posts
13388 upvotes
DTscript wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 11:11 pm
Funny that you say this considering human genetics is one of my favorite subjects to the point that I even got DNA tested (Y-DNA/mtDNA and Autosomes) for the fun of it. I have also been very active for the past 3 years in the online genetic communities so I do know a thing or two on the subject. I just found it pretty weird how out of the 22 individuals I put, 3 were wrong. Must have been some strong coincidence.
Your sample size is very small and rather meaningless.
Additionally I would suggest that people lie - you need to know the prediction before the birth.
Also if age of mother and month of conception were all you need to predict - you would see some rather strong themes in mat wards.

And you also have to consider mixed gender multiple births...
But there is nothing wrong with fun.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2007
3807 posts
288 upvotes
Toronto
If she had the 13 week ultrasound check out in-gender.com. The nub theory is very accurate and they even have a few U/s techs there to look at the pics and give their opinion. For fun you can post it here too, as I've learnt to somewhat read them as well. Last week looking at the nub told a friend she's having a boy, and later on confirmed she really is :D
May 17, 2007
111 posts
5 upvotes
It was right the first time. It said a boy and I had a boy. This time, it's also saying a boy but it's giving me the wrong lunar age. So I don't know. When I tried the BabyCenter version of this, it told me I am having a girl.
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26992 posts
4199 upvotes
What kind of crazy person would believe in this nonsense?

Why would it matter?
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2005
3367 posts
68 upvotes
Living in a very multicultural area, we got a bunch of different predictions on the gender of our baby, based on superstitions from all over the world. About half predicted boy, half predicted girl....
May 28, 2012
8884 posts
1501 upvotes
Saskatoon
With my third child, during the whole pregnancy I thought I was carrying a girl (felt similar to when I was expecting the first child, a girl). Mom told me I was having a boy. Imagine my surprise when my mother was right, and we had such a nice name picked out for a girl too...So, my recommendation is to consult some old Chinese women, they seem to be "in the know" - j/k.
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
22651 posts
868 upvotes
Markham, ON
takes awhile...but once you get a little older....you'll realize that all this nonsense...is well nonsense.
× < >