Automotive

Chipmaster Markham Review

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 13th, 2017 6:34 pm
Aug 8, 2013
5 posts
Toronto
I also just came back from Chipmaster Markham. Ron was very nice and efficient and got to my car in good time with little delay to the estimated time it would take to do. I messed up my bumper corners on my Veloster when installing HID's when pulling them off (cracked the paint from too much flex...ooops). Ron refinished the corners and put on a new clear coat without the need to remove the factory paint beneath leaving a perfect match of course. Very happy with the look and feel and the bumper seems to have more depth than it had before. He even fitted it better than it was. I voice my concerns on areas I felt on the bumper as I looked across and asked if anything would go wrong, how am I covered. He just told me to let him know and he would do it again. I can really appreciate a shop that stands behind their work and customer concerns. The price was also amazing, as it was well below everyone else. Given his professional attitude, pricing and work quality, I think I found my go to guy. Lifetime warranty that actually means something! Cant beat that level of peace of mind.

Recommended!
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2007
2806 posts
263 upvotes
Chiming in.

Had my car done by Ron last year due to huge group buy thread.

Found out he isn't at the same location anymore? Why is this?

I found out he was behind on rent and couldn't keep up. My front bumper was painted by Ron - using the sh1ttiest paint possible as after one year of driving, there have been damages everywhere (flakes, more than just rock chips). I've driven the car for 6 years prior and had only little rockchips and after 1 year of getting it painted, it's demolished. Found out he was mixing paint behind curtains in the same shop that all the body work was done in...

Sounded good at the moment - but I definitely will not go back to chipmaster.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
7112 posts
498 upvotes
SachinB500 wrote:
Aug 9th, 2013 2:06 pm
I also just came back from Chipmaster Markham. Ron was very nice and efficient and got to my car in good time with little delay to the estimated time it would take to do. I messed up my bumper corners on my Veloster when installing HID's when pulling them off (cracked the paint from too much flex...ooops). Ron refinished the corners and put on a new clear coat without the need to remove the factory paint beneath leaving a perfect match of course. Very happy with the look and feel and the bumper seems to have more depth than it had before. He even fitted it better than it was. I voice my concerns on areas I felt on the bumper as I looked across and asked if anything would go wrong, how am I covered. He just told me to let him know and he would do it again. I can really appreciate a shop that stands behind their work and customer concerns. The price was also amazing, as it was well below everyone else. Given his professional attitude, pricing and work quality, I think I found my go to guy. Lifetime warranty that actually means something! Cant beat that level of peace of mind.

Recommended!
I REALLY question when users come in to critical threads and post great reviews as their first posts. Who does that? Goes to a place for work done, and then searches out bad/mediocre reviews on websites to post how good it was? I'd put money down that SachinB500 is an employee, and that makes the place look 100x worse than just fixing the issue with the customer.
My nick doesn't mean I'm happy any more than yours means you're a sex machine.
Mar 22, 2009
98 posts
23 upvotes
I emailed chipmaster recently for a quote and had no response. Called a day or 2 later to ask for a quote. Nobody picked up and I left a message. Still, there was no response.
Aug 8, 2013
5 posts
Toronto
Happy13178 wrote:
Aug 13th, 2013 7:38 am
I REALLY question when users come in to critical threads and post great reviews as their first posts. Who does that? Goes to a place for work done, and then searches out bad/mediocre reviews on websites to post how good it was? I'd put money down that SachinB500 is an employee, and that makes the place look 100x worse than just fixing the issue with the customer.
Who does that? Me. Actually I lost my log on for my old ID caesu2000. My email on yahoo was hacked so I couldnt retrieve my password, and so I created a new ID. I used to post more on redflags but lost interest. I needed to get my front bumper repainted because it started cracking and chipping after taking it off and putting it back on. Gawd, I wish I never did that install. Anyways, I searched online and came across this thread (as well as the group buy thread from days gone by). Posted after I got home with the bumper.

So my post was genuine. Suffice to say, I dont work there lol. At any rate, the bumper was redone. Im noticing some areas I need to bring up with Ron, so its not perfect. Heck I think I may ask to get it redone again actually..(fender rubbing against bumper and its starting to do some wrinkling, so not sure if its because of the paint being put on or just bad alignment of the bumper causing rub....)..So let's see how after service is...

In terms of paint chipping on a repainted bumper. Repainted bumpers always seem more fragile interms of durability it seems. I read a lot about that on the net prior. However, not one chip on the paint so far, though I street drive Im going through all the trucks in Mississauaga on Dixie...) Then again, I had a Mazda 3 GT and the factory paint on that chipped if I just sneezed in the other room. *shrugs*

I called Ron last week also to see him, so he did in fact pick up. Try again? Maybe he was busy.
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
575 upvotes
Toronto
Happy13178 wrote:
I can vouch, they did a great job
[QUOTE]I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them.[/QUOTE] ~Andy Bernard, The Office (U.S.)
Aug 13, 2009
961 posts
64 upvotes
Happy13178 wrote:
Did a good job on my car, problem?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
7112 posts
498 upvotes
kazkira wrote:
Aug 26th, 2013 10:12 pm
Did a good job on my car, problem?
Your post I believe. Sachin's, I question. Wouldn't be the first time an employee came in to this forum to bring in positive spin or reviews to try and counter bad ones. I find the timing funny too, thread is quiet for 2 weeks, and then the same one post guy comes back in to check and posts again. Not normal forum behavior.
My nick doesn't mean I'm happy any more than yours means you're a sex machine.
Penalty Box
Oct 17, 2012
2689 posts
114 upvotes
Singh000 wrote:I had a similar experience a few months ago when I brought in my car for repairs. The car looked beautiful at first when I picked it up, then I start to notice at certain angles that the panels of my car are not very straight due to lots of body filler. On the front bumper and hood are now full of stone chips and now starting to rust, around the door handles and moldings paint is all falling off.

I would never go back to a shop like this, and I would definitely not recommend it to anyone I know. These guys are the biggest hacks in the business.
Ron will fix it for free since is life time guarantee
how much you paid for?
Aug 8, 2013
5 posts
Toronto
Happy13178 wrote:
Aug 27th, 2013 5:25 am
Your post I believe. Sachin's, I question. Wouldn't be the first time an employee came in to this forum to bring in positive spin or reviews to try and counter bad ones. I find the timing funny too, thread is quiet for 2 weeks, and then the same one post guy comes back in to check and posts again. Not normal forum behavior.
Well Im not normal then am I. If you read my reply, I am having an issue with my repair, roughly 2 weeks later. So I figured I would do a search on Google for "Chipmaster Markham Warranty" just to see what other peoples experiences may have been and to prepare myself. Low and behold the search popped my old reply. I clicked it and read the responses below and replied accordingly as I am doing now. How is this out of the norm? And if I worked there, why would I say I am having an issue with the repair!?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
2680 posts
280 upvotes
SachinB500 wrote:
Aug 27th, 2013 6:44 pm
Well Im not normal then am I. If you read my reply, I am having an issue with my repair, roughly 2 weeks later. So I figured I would do a search on "Chipmaster Markham Warranty" just to see what other peoples experiences may have been and to prepare myself. Low and behold the search popped my old reply. I clicked it and read the responses below and replied accordingly as I am doing now. How is this out of the norm? And if I worked there, why would I say I am having an issue with the repair!?
That's quite unfortunate. My repair is over a year now and there's no sign of any issues. I had another repair to my roof recently and Ron put in a lot of effort to make my car perfect.
BlackJays wrote:
Mar 13th, 2010 6:02 pm
shame has been acheived
Aug 8, 2013
5 posts
Toronto
Ya mine was perfect except my fender and bumper rubbed causing the paint to wrinkle. So Im taking it in Thursday morning. Ron is having a look at it and will repair it accordingly he said. Just have to absorb the cost of a car rental again if he decides to keep it for the day or two or three :(
Oct 16, 2007
723 posts
12 upvotes
I recently dented my car on the side and I searched for a bodyshop in this forum. I noticed that chipmaster was very popular here but I wanted to go to a bodyshop close to where i live for convenience. I got a couple of recommendations in my area from RFD and I went to ask for quotes. Although I wanted to pay cash, the quotes were all hefty for me. Still in state of shock at these quotes, I then decided to email Ron from chipmaster for a quote after browsing the Groupbuy RFD forum. The quoted price he emailed me was much cheaper from those I was quoted elsewhere. With that cheap but reasonable price, I was prepared to drive all way to his bodyshop to confirm the price and meet him in person. He was a nice guy and we chatted a bit. I asked him if he could repair and paint a chip on the hood and paint some scratches at the back of the car. He accepted for a measly additional amount of money. It was a bargain!

He told me the car will be ready in three days. Even with the good reviews online, I was concerned of the quality of the work. Sometimes you get what you paid for. Today, I got my car. The paint was well done and the dents/scratches all disappeared magically. My car feels brand new again and it was even vacuumed inside. The work he did even comes with a lifetime guarantee. I was amazingly surprised.

Thanks Ron from chipmaster. I will definitely recommend you to friends and family to email you for a quote. The result and money I saved was worth my time and gas for my commute to his bodyshop! :)
Sep 4, 2007
624 posts
133 upvotes
TripleTAP wrote:
Aug 27th, 2013 7:33 am
Ron will fix it for free since is life time guarantee
how much you paid for?
Since this thread was bumped...I might as well ask....life time guarantee??

I had my car repainted with Chipmaster almost 2 years ago...lots of paint flaking (not rock chips) and some wavy spots. I did it through insurance though and didn't pay much attention to the fine details, what does he have life time guarantee with?