Automotive

Chipmaster Markham Review

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 12th, 2018 4:34 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
9644 posts
2634 upvotes
Multiple calls to his shop and never got a call back. I gave up after.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
19150 posts
9079 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
My friend made an appointment today to get her side mirror replaced. She just messaged me saying someone at Chipmaster told her to go back another day, despite making an appointment with Ron to get the car fixed this afternoon. Anyone know who she can speak to about this? Is it still Ron?
RFD is love. RFD is life.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 15, 2004
6654 posts
1455 upvotes
i emailed them with pics but they never replied,
it's not a luxury car maybe that is the reason which is totally understandable.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1665 upvotes
donnal wrote: Chipmaster recently replaced my Audi's front fender as it was too dented to repair. They did a very good paint match and clear coated the front bumper to blend with the adjacent new painted fender. You cannot tell the difference. Great staff, very helpful. Price much lower than other body shops. E-mail estimate very convenient. Highly recommend!
I felt the price was WAAAAAAY higher than most other shops. My insurance company TD Meloche, said told me to go somewhere else because I wouldn't be fully covered if I went there.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
1338 posts
451 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
aquariaguy wrote: I felt the price was WAAAAAAY higher than most other shops. My insurance company TD Meloche, said told me to go somewhere else because I wouldn't be fully covered if I went there.
All insurance are like that as they want to funnel you to their own preferred shop. Ymmv on their stores...they're usually not terrible but never great
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2015
1295 posts
568 upvotes
North York, ON
Chipmaster? Had some small chips on front hood and was told they couldn't do it. So I paid for a full polish job. Result= white dried polishing compound in every single crevice of my black car- seams, jambs, emblems...took me a lot of hard work to undo the damage they caused- would NEVER reco them.
Jul 22, 2013
105 posts
42 upvotes
Has anyone been to chipmaster recently? I was wondering what your experience is?
I've read some reviews about paint coming off a few months after, and parts being swapped as well. It makes me a bit worried. I went in for a quote and it was approximately half of what a collision centre quoted, so it's very appealing in that respect.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15169 posts
2743 upvotes
MrProdigy wrote: Has anyone been to chipmaster recently? I was wondering what your experience is?
I've read some reviews about paint coming off a few months after, and parts being swapped as well. It makes me a bit worried. I went in for a quote and it was approximately half of what a collision centre quoted, so it's very appealing in that respect.
LMAO...why?

Obviously the place is a s**thole.