Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Choice Privileges offers 3 free nights of accomodation

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 1st, 2014 3:38 am
Tags:
None
Apr 30, 2014
10 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Choice Privileges offers 3 free nights of accomodation

Expiry:
June 9, 2014
I just found out that until June 9, 2014 with Choice Privileges card you can earn up to 24,000 points. This is enough for up to 3 free hotel nights at over 1,500 Choice Privileges locations across North America. Good thing is that this card has no annual fee. Also, you can earn 2 points for every $1 spent on the card.

http://www.choicehotels.com/en/choice-p ... mastercard
40 replies
Oct 22, 2008
400 posts
363 upvotes
Gatineau, qc
[QUOTE]I just found out that until June 9, 2014 with Choice Privileges card you can earn up to 24,000 points. This is enough for up to 3 free hotel nights at over 1,500 Choice Privileges locations across North America. Good thing is that this card has no annual fee. Also, you can earn 2 points for every $1 spent on the card.
http://www.choicehotels.com/en/choice-p ... mastercard[/QUOTE]

Seriously. Are you being paid for this?
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
26763 posts
9333 upvotes
where I belong
I *think* the link is legit, but hard to verify

It's a misleading title anyway, and Choice hotel chain suck

More details at GCR + $60 cashback (not a referral link)
http://www.gcr.ca/details/MBNA-ChoicePrivileges/
Using the no annual fee Choice Privileges MasterCard® credit card is an easy way to earn free hotel stays as you’ll earn points every time you use it. Plus, you’ll get automatically upgraded to Elite Gold status♦♦ – earning you more points for every eligible stay at a participating location.

Apply today and you'll earn:

•Up to 24,000 points1 - 8,000 points, enough for 1 free night upon your first purchase and an additional 16,000 points, enough for two more FREE nights upon making an eligible purchase by July 31, 2014.

•Up to 15 points for every $1 in eligible purchases at over 5,500 Choice Privileges locations in Canada, the U.S., Europe, the Middle East, Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean and Australasia2

•2 points for every $1 spent on everyday eligible purchases‡

•No annual fee

Plus, get automatically upgraded to Elite Gold status, which gives you♦♦:

•The ability to book free nights 50 days in advance instead of 30 days •A 10% point bonus on every eligible stay

* Visit the application page for further details
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's Mega Thread of Credit Cards Q&A
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
8086 posts
3870 upvotes
Does anyone have any experience on how long it takes to get the bonus points? Want to book a hotel for Canada Day long weekend.
Mar 31, 2008
124 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto
LNahid2000 wrote: Does anyone have any experience on how long it takes to get the bonus points? Want to book a hotel for Canada Day long weekend.
i applied for it in mid-april, and got the points last week.

some hotels such as this one is only 6000 points so you can score 4 free nights.
http://www.qualityinn.com/hotel-toronto-canada-CN310

i dont see it anymore on the official site, but there is a 2000 point anniversary bonus... so spending $2000 and year + 2000 anniversary bonus will get u one free night at the above-noted hotel.

this web-site mentions the anniversary bonus: http://www.creditcards.ca/credit-cards/ ... ercard.php

hope this helps
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2008
1821 posts
1285 upvotes
I've exploited this offer in the past, and it's a good deal. You get $60 from GCR for applying, and then 24,000 Choice points. They say that it's good for 3 nights, but it's actually anywhere from 1 to 4 nights depending on the motel that you select and the time of year (ie, expensive places charge more points, and cheap places fewer points....high season more points, low season fewer points).

I take issue about Jerry's comment about Choice chains sucking. They are what they are. In essence, they are mainly motels in the 2 to 3 star category. If you want to book a choice motel in Toronto, you'll either get a fleabag motel or you'll be very far from downtown. But, in smaller centres, they are perfectly good accommodation. Nothing fancy, but they do the job. If I'm on the road and paying out of my own pocket, this is the exact kind of place that I seek in smaller centres.
Apr 30, 2014
10 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto, ON
the_cid666 wrote: Seriously. Are you being paid for this?
Chill my friend, put your glasses on first and than read twice.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2008
1944 posts
439 upvotes
Barrie
What is an eligible purchase and how does it differ from your first purchase?
Up to 24,000 points1 - 8,000 points, enough for 1 free night upon your first purchase and an additional 16,000 points, enough for two more FREE nights upon making an eligible purchase by July 31, 2014.
Amex Business Platinum, Personal Platinum, Bonvoy, Aeroplan
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2008
1821 posts
1285 upvotes
tylerc wrote: What is an eligible purchase and how does it differ from your first purchase?
Up to 24,000 points1 - 8,000 points, enough for 1 free night upon your first purchase and an additional 16,000 points, enough for two more FREE nights upon making an eligible purchase by July 31, 2014.

Yeah, I had the very same question and spent about 10 minutes on chat with MBNA about it. What it meant was you need to make *two* purchases with your card to qualify for the 24,000 points. So, for me, that was two trips to the grocery store. ;)
Deal Addict
May 9, 2008
1944 posts
439 upvotes
Barrie
kneevase wrote: Yeah, I had the very same question and spent about 10 minutes on chat with MBNA about it. What it meant was you need to make *two* purchases with your card to qualify for the 24,000 points. So, for me, that was two trips to the grocery store. ;)
Thanks! Guess this chain is really only in NA, eh? I saw one property in Aruba, but nothing in Europe or Asia so it won't pair nicely with my Aeroplan points.
Amex Business Platinum, Personal Platinum, Bonvoy, Aeroplan
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2008
1821 posts
1285 upvotes
tylerc wrote: Thanks! Guess this chain is really only in NA, eh? I saw one property in Aruba, but nothing in Europe or Asia so it won't pair nicely with my Aeroplan points.
No, there are some Choice Hotels in Europe. Some of the folks on FlyerTalk say that the best use of the 24,000 Choice points is for hotels in Paris. Apparently you can get 2 or 3 nights in Paris for 24,000 points, which makes their value somewhere around $400-500+. I've never tried to use them in Europe, but I can certainly attest to the fact that hotels in big European cities can get pricey!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
9183 posts
3861 upvotes
Toronto
tylerc wrote: What is an eligible purchase and how does it differ from your first purchase?
kneevase wrote: Yeah, I had the very same question and spent about 10 minutes on chat with MBNA about it. What it meant was you need to make *two* purchases with your card to qualify for the 24,000 points. So, for me, that was two trips to the grocery store. ;)
Got the card. Did one transaction, pay a small amount to Rogers. Got the 24,000 points. Also got the $60 rebate. Pretty good for a no fee card.

That 24,000 points is only good for 1 night in a Barrie hotel for us.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2011
1484 posts
380 upvotes
24,000 will not get you three nights. Unless you're planning on staying in 1-star motels next to airports, or econo-lodges in the middle of nowhere texas sorta deal.

Choice is on the complete opposite end of the spectrum when compared to SPG imo.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
3567 posts
3194 upvotes
I use choice hotels for buffalo airport parking/shuttle a couple of times a year.

Applied with the $60 cash back link. If I can use the points for a few stays I will also save ~$200.

I will cancel the card once the promotional points are used.

Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2001
5231 posts
4105 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
Not true, I made 1 purchase, ~$5 at walmart and got my points shortly after the my statement closed.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2008
1821 posts
1285 upvotes
b0ne wrote: Not true, I made 1 purchase, ~$5 at walmart and got my points shortly after the my statement closed.
Okay. So, I made one purchase more than necessary. That'll teach me to not trust the customer service agents in Calcutta.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3352 posts
2339 upvotes
Langley
The 24,000 bonus points you get for this card is decent.
I'm planning on using it for two nights in the summer and it actually saves me about $300CAD. 10,000 points per night.

$300 + $60 rebate from GCR is a pretty amazing deal.

And yes, the accommodations aren't glamorous, but for a guy who needs decent place to stay, it is more than adequate. These hotels/motels would definitely not even be on my girlfriends radar, but for me they are acceptable.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2008
1821 posts
1285 upvotes
daikman wrote: 24,000 will not get you three nights. Unless you're planning on staying in 1-star motels next to airports, or econo-lodges in the middle of nowhere texas sorta deal.

Choice is on the complete opposite end of the spectrum when compared to SPG imo.

No, this is not correct at all. Most of the Choice properties are 2 or 2.5 stars, with an occasional 3 star. They are very basic, low cost motels, but my experience is that they are clean and well appointed.

If you try to compare it to the Westin or Sheraton, then you will be sorely disappointed (but you shouldn't be surprised, because they only cost half as much per night!). I find that the Choice hotels are a good option for smaller communities, but are a poor choice for Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver because they are located in the suburbs. But, if you are like me and you occasionally drive across the country, then you'll probably end up needing to spend the night in Sault Saint Marie, Thunder Bay, Winnipeg, or Medicine Hat. For those smaller places, the Choice hotels are perfect -- you get a basic room in which to spend the night, with free parking, free internet, and a free mediocre breakfast....there are no surprise charges and there's no concierge, doorman or bell-boy looking for a tip.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3352 posts
2339 upvotes
Langley
Does anyone know how quickly the points post? I still haven't received my card yet =/

I'm hoping to make a reservation on June 8, but i'm not sure how quickly the points will post....