Christmas time flights to USA ...

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 30th, 2018 3:15 pm
[OP]
Jul 12, 2018
212 posts
194 upvotes

Christmas time flights to USA ...

Hello guys .we as a family are planning to fly from Toronto to California (Sacramento) around 22 Dec and back by 31.....
I know flights are double the price that week.but that's the only ime we as a family got this year off from work.
6 adults and a child and an infant is the whole family

I know it won't be cheap but is there a site or way to find the best of the expensive flight fares .

We won't be driving to Buffalo to save some money as its winter and we have kids with us .read quite a few ways but not sure what is the best
If it was just 1 or 2 people I won't be bothered .it is a lot for 6 adults lol

Toronto to Sacramento...Dec 22 to 31
Thank you
5 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2017
2442 posts
920 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
Consider nearby airports. OAK is the nearest one w/o weather issues. SJC and SFO (SFO nearer but fog delays possible). RNO to be avoided to reduce risk of weather issues.
Almost too cheap to shop through RFD
Mar 6, 2011
52 posts
25 upvotes
Ajax, ON
With that many people, it's probably best to fly into SMF. The cost difference may not be much, but if time is money, then that's the route I would take.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
7847 posts
775 upvotes
Vancouver
It is what it is you gotta pay to play especially if you don’t want buffalo.

The general consensus on rfd is to only book direct via the airlines website. However during such a popular period consider flightnetwork.com they are I think the only company that offers a flight drop guarantee where if the price drops they’ll refund you in future credit. It isn’t much but the only advice I can give you. Doubt it will drop and if it does you need to hit a “price March button” never used it myself and always better to book with airline but if you’re asking for s deal that simply doesn’t exist and likely won’t.

No secrets during that time. If you have any sort of points might be a good time to use them but if that was the case you’d likely have probably Checked that option.

Sometimes when travelling during peak times. You need to stop being an rfd minded person and just pay what it costs. Maybe look at what premium economy costs. Someimes during peak times it’s not much of a delta and when you’re paying top dollar what’s another few pesos?
Did I post something that interests you? Feel free to PM further questions.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2017
2442 posts
920 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
Other thing that comes to mind it buying 6 tickets in a go might bump up prices due to inventory, e.g., only 4 seats at the low price so if you try to book for 6, it'll look for availaility for 6 and that might result in a high fare bracket (books same are for everyone). Might look at the price for 1, then buy incrementally and see if rice per pax changes.
Almost too cheap to shop through RFD
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2013
1705 posts
702 upvotes
Ottawa
I don't find tickets drop much for Christmas beyond September. They might bump up and down but by the end of September they seem to do nothing but go up.