• Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2019 9:40 am
[OP]
Jul 1, 2012
22 posts
103 upvotes
Leduc

[Best Buy] Chromecast Audio $20

In stock online (as of the moment of posting).
Same as Black Friday pricing, but all online/in store were sold out at all retailers I checked (Walmart, Staples, etc). Just re-checked and they're in stock for Best buy online.

Shipping fees (~$8.99) if order below $35.
I ordered 2 and free shipping.

Edit: Looks like shipping is via Canada Post - so buyer beware shipping delays before Christmas.
Edit 2: Expiry extended to Jan 3, 2019.
Last edited by SuperStu on Dec 17th, 2018 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
247 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2005
1246 posts
138 upvotes
Oakville
Bought this from BB on Cyber Monday. They shipped via expedited CP, and I got it in 4 days.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
2797 posts
1367 upvotes
Calgary
Got one on BF as well & hooked it up to my Kanto YU6's. sounds great & even better when I hooked up optical instead of RCA. Just for laughs, I also hooked it up to my main hifi rig to a Violectric DAC -> hybrid LSA amp -> ET LFT8b mag planar speakers. While I cannot say for certain its as good as my dedicated PC [...] server, I cannot say with any certainty it's worse.

I should have played with this CCA way back when it came out but it never occured to me that it can be used as a poor mans wireless music server. Ordered another 2 for FS (stupid not to as it's only $10 more).

Thanks OP
Last edited by Mars2012 on Dec 7th, 2018 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed typo/inappropriate content
Jan 10, 2008
161 posts
140 upvotes
quebec
scotsum wrote:
Dec 7th, 2018 12:25 pm
Got one on BF as well & hooked it up to my Kanto YU6's. sounds great & even better when I hooked up optical instead of RCA. Just for laughs, I also hooked it up to my main hifi rig to a Violectric DAC -> hybrid LSA amp -> ET LFT8b mag planar speakers. While I cannot say for certain its as good as my dedicated PC [...] server, I cannot say with any certainty it's worse.

I should have played with this CCA way back when it came out but it never occured to me that it can be used as a poor mans wireless music server. Ordered another 2 for FS (stupid not to as it's only $10 more).

Thanks OP
Thanks op got two. This little thing is so good. Own already two. One for the Monsoon 700. Small planar speaker system (eminent tehnologie life your LFT8b). Browse kijiji to find some. Grab another set for 40$ ! The second is on my (poor man) hifi system too. Schiit DAC - NAD C370 - Magnepan MMgs + REL T5i.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Dec 7th, 2018 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edit in quote
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
2797 posts
1367 upvotes
Calgary
snoroqc wrote:
Dec 7th, 2018 2:06 pm
Thanks op got two. This little thing is so good. Own already two. One for the Monsoon 700. Small planar speaker system (eminent tehnologie life your LFT8b). Browse kijiji to find some. Grab another set for 40$ ! The second is on my (poor man) hifi system too. Schiit DAC - NAD C370 - Magnepan MMgs + REL T5i.
ya I heard about the Monsoons but unfortunately, I've no use for computer speakers as I can stream to my Kanto's via BT & now, CCA as well. Maggies are great speakers & I almost pulled the trigger on a used 1.7 but after some homework, I got the LFT8b's instead. The Maggies need a lot of clean juice & from research, they lack bottom end (although I do have a vintage Sunfire Siggy True sub, I'd rather not use unmatched components if possible).

my LFT8b's image like Maggies (deep, wide & very transparent) but bcos it's a hybrid with a woofer, bass is decent - not great but still decent. also placement isn't as critical as Maggies either. I would still love to try out a mid-high end Maggie one of these days.
Mar 25, 2013
256 posts
106 upvotes
Toronto
If I didn't have 2 already I'd get another. Heck I might just order another lol.

They work great I even have one in my garage hooked up to an old stereo and I have in the rafters
DroidKid
Deal Guru
May 14, 2007
14752 posts
1638 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
[removed]

Also $19.97 at staples, in case BB OoS or if you want to pick it up in store at your local Staples. Credit goes out to @emmjaibi in the expired thread: canada-computers-expired-chromecast-aud ... 9-2242312/

Was able to get one today and cashier was surprised at the price.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Dec 7th, 2018 7:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: quotes and part of your response removed
Nov 3, 2009
873 posts
313 upvotes
Calgary
Hi Guys,

Can you stream the video part to chromecaste which connects to a projector while stream the audio to chromeaudio?
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2005
2113 posts
513 upvotes
Well....I don't need this but I'll buy it anyways because it's on sale.....and I'll buy 2 to get free shipping....Crying Face
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
2797 posts
1367 upvotes
Calgary
[removed]
ibuddler wrote:
Dec 7th, 2018 3:53 pm
Hi Guys,

Can you stream the video part to chromecaste which connects to a projector while stream the audio to chromeaudio?
hmmm that would be a no. the only possible way that could work is if you stream from 2 device - 1 to CC & the other to CCA but then, one might runs into timing issues. dont your projector have audio out?
Last edited by Mars2012 on Dec 7th, 2018 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quote and part of your response removed
Jan 21, 2009
5 posts
2 upvotes
Leduc
ibuddler wrote:
Hi Guys,

No you can't. you can only stream video to one device at a time. or music to a group. but you can separate audio from video.
Aug 10, 2013
195 posts
109 upvotes
Mississauga
ibuddler wrote:
Hi Guys,

You mean if I only have chromeCast, I will not get any audio?
Sep 17, 2016
199 posts
194 upvotes
Ymmv, but I've had a pair of these for about 2 years or so, and every once in a while they completely disappear and can't be reset at all. The only thing that revives them is cycling power on my modem and router and setting them up again as new devices. It's been a real headache.
Nov 20, 2011
58 posts
78 upvotes
CALGARY
Thanks for posting the deal! For any who's interested in connecting their CCA via optical cables for better sound quality, here's the amazon link for TOS Link cables

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B06XC5 ... UTF8&psc=1

Note: you can get a single 3 feet cable for $10.00 with prime shipping or 2 three feet cables for $10.99 with regular shipping!

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 3 guests)

winjer