• Jan 26th, 2019 12:32 pm
Nov 3, 2009
894 posts
321 upvotes
Calgary
scotsum wrote:
Dec 7th, 2018 4:26 pm
[removed]

hmmm that would be a no. the only possible way that could work is if you stream from 2 device - 1 to CC & the other to CCA but then, one might runs into timing issues. dont your projector have audio out?
That's correct. Some projectors don't have audio out. (Don't know why.) So I have to buy a hdmi slitter for that purpose. Umm. I was hopping I could stream to CC then CC could send audio to CCA.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Dec 7th, 2018 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edit in quote
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
2805 posts
1372 upvotes
Calgary
Marklxndr wrote:
Dec 7th, 2018 4:39 pm
Ymmv, but I've had a pair of these for about 2 years or so, and every once in a while they completely disappear and can't be reset at all. The only thing that revives them is cycling power on my modem and router and setting them up again as new devices. It's been a real headache.
have u tried a hard reset by holding down the button right next to the usb port? once the light changes from flashing orange to a steady white, u should be able to set up again as a new CCA device.
QuaDWiZ wrote:
Dec 7th, 2018 4:52 pm
Thanks for posting the deal! For any who's interested in connecting their CCA via optical cables for better sound quality, here's the amazon link for TOS Link cables

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B06XC5 ... UTF8&psc=1

Note: you can get a single 3 feet cable for $10.00 with prime shipping or 2 three feet cables for $10.99 with regular shipping!
I got mine here. though its an amazon 3rd party reseller but it ships from ONT I think & I got mine in about a week.
ibuddler wrote:
Dec 7th, 2018 4:53 pm
That's correct. Some projectors don't have audio out. (Don't know why.) So I have to buy a hdmi slitter for that purpose. Umm. I was hopping I could stream to CC then CC could send audio to CCA.
that sucks. most TVs have audio & some even have optical out. I guess a splitter works too but it is Boxing Season afterall. perhaps its time for a new 4k projector?? Winking Face
Nov 3, 2009
894 posts
321 upvotes
Calgary
scotsum wrote:
Dec 7th, 2018 5:12 pm
have u tried a hard reset by holding down the button right next to the usb port? once the light changes from flashing orange to a steady white, u should be able to set up again as a new CCA device.

I got mine here. though its an amazon 3rd party reseller but it ships from ONT I think & I got mine in about a week.

that sucks. most TVs have audio & some even have optical out. I guess a splitter works too but it is Boxing Season afterall. perhaps its time for a new 4k projector?? Winking Face
Indeed. I'm looking for a 4k or 2k one this boxing day.
Apr 13, 2009
256 posts
122 upvotes
Kelowna
I have 6 of these (living room, family room, bedroom, basement, deck and garage) + a google home and mini and love them for whole house audio. Sometimes managing the volume across 8 devices was a little flaky, but it's much improved with the new Google Home app. Apparently the video chromecasts can now be added to audio groups as well (play music through tv sound system and show related album art or something on the tv).

FWIW, I've never had to reset any of them. When I bought them they also came with offers through Google Home that essentially paid for themselves with google play credits - worth checking if there are any offers for new devices now too.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
2188 posts
1382 upvotes
Toronto
I just realized my google home mini can cast to my bluetooth sound bar, so saved $20!
Sep 26, 2015
193 posts
88 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Two rooms in my home are wired for in-ceiling speakers, all the wires run down to the utility room in the basement. Could I use this with the speakers? I'm assuming I would need an amp or something as well?
Feb 18, 2018
358 posts
473 upvotes
I would check instores too I got one last week for $20 at besybuy it even said $35 on the shelf. Online said this store had no stock but there were like 15
Jun 21, 2012
164 posts
61 upvotes
Montreal
dracolnyte wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 2:33 am
I just realized my google home mini can cast to my bluetooth sound bar, so saved $20!
CCA streams audio through WiFi though not BT so in theory you would get better quality with a CCA.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1285 posts
1140 upvotes
Montreal
Zephyr22b wrote:
Dec 7th, 2018 4:10 pm
Well....I don't need this but I'll buy it anyways because it's on sale.....and I'll buy 2 to get free shipping....Crying Face
you are the perfect example of my signature.
respect

❗ We buy things that we don't need, with money that we don't have, to impress people that we don't like. ❗
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
1354 posts
792 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I have 3 since they release it, love them.
Only complaint is if can stream local content from my device would be great
- 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
- Rogers $99 VIP Cable + 4K PVR + Gigabit Internet
- Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Oct 13, 2012
42 posts
62 upvotes
CALGARY
cheapshopper wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 10:30 am
I have 3 since they release it, love them.
Only complaint is if can stream local content from my device would be great
install google home app on your Android device, select cast screen/audio from its menu, then you device will cast audio played by any app.
Last edited by seven11 on Dec 8th, 2018 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
1354 posts
792 upvotes
Richmond Hill
seven11 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 10:45 am
install google home app on your Android device, select screen cast in app. then it will cast audio on you device played by any app.
my local content are MP3 / FLAC.
I don;t think "screen Cast" will work.
I do have Google Home. but seem like I can't play my local FLAC to CCA.

Otherwise I will have a old tablet with big SD-card as my FLAC player device.
As I said, I own them since they release and really move them, Mainly use for Spotify.

I am seeing when they will release CCA 2, may be support Lostless? or Extreme quality on Spotify?
- 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
- Rogers $99 VIP Cable + 4K PVR + Gigabit Internet
- Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Feb 16, 2011
141 posts
76 upvotes
Marklxndr wrote:
Dec 7th, 2018 4:39 pm
Ymmv, but I've had a pair of these for about 2 years or so, and every once in a while they completely disappear and can't be reset at all. The only thing that revives them is cycling power on my modem and router and setting them up again as new devices. It's been a real headache.
Same here. But as I have an older receiver so that was the only option.
It just disappears from the Google home screen or in Google music occassionally
Real pain. Oh well. Have to compromise till I get a new Network receiver with audiocast built in
Oct 13, 2012
42 posts
62 upvotes
CALGARY
cheapshopper wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 10:58 am
my local content are MP3 / FLAC.
I don;t think "screen Cast" will work.
I do have Google Home. but seem like I can't play my local FLAC to CCA.

Otherwise I will have a old tablet with big SD-card as my FLAC player device.
As I said, I own them since they release and really move them, Mainly use for Spotify.

I am seeing when they will release CCA 2, may be support Lostless? or Extreme quality on Spotify?
you may install vlc player on your device, using it to play your local contents including ape, flac, mp3 etc. and using google home app cast audio playing on your device.
Last edited by seven11 on Dec 8th, 2018 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1285 posts
1140 upvotes
Montreal
dracolnyte wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 2:33 am
Oh damn you are right i will try that and maybr save 20$ as well.
Thanks
❗ We buy things that we don't need, with money that we don't have, to impress people that we don't like. ❗