Fitness and Nutrition

Chrono diet

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2016 9:11 am
Tags:
Jun 18, 2016
4 posts

Chrono diet

Hi! My wife plans to start it soon, I read about it in some places, but I'm interested did you try it? Is it hard? Is it real? Thanks
2 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2005
3160 posts
639 upvotes
Toronto
Never heard of it. Presumably it's for weight loss? As long as it enforces CICO and some of the less tangible elements that help regulate insulin production (e.g. low GI, other principals) then it will work.

Some quick googling shows:

- First meal at 9am, last meal at 6pm (creates a ~15hr fast window, which is an IF element)
- Complex carbs early (Breakfast, lunch), quicker digesting food items (protein, leafy green vegetables) for dinner
- No dessert, sugar, alcohol, appetizers, etc

So pretty much the same as most other calorie restricting diets.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3116 posts
1093 upvotes
fad diets are more or less all just having you eat less without you realizing it

nutrition distribution makes sense with this 'diet' if you'll call it that. Eating less at night will prevent fat being stored since you don't use as much energy at night. (the body stores un-used calories as fat) Eating more during the morning will more than likely result in you using the calories during the day.

It'd be better for you wife to just reduce her calorie intake and make this a lifestyle (eating less) than doing a fad diet.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)