[Chrysler Canada] Dodge Ram 1500 Trucks 25% off all trim levels

• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2017 11:54 am
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2004
4208 posts
1771 upvotes
Vancouver
The Dodge trucks are, unfortunately, reduced in price for a reason. Ford is destroying both Chevy/Dodge in the market with their F150 and the aluminum body and ecoboost. Yes, these Dodge trucks might be cheaper upfront, but F150 holds resale value way better. Just check some of the used prices online.
Apr 1, 2009
230 posts
55 upvotes
adamtheman wrote:
May 14th, 2017 6:54 pm
The Dodge trucks are, unfortunately, reduced in price for a reason. Ford is destroying both Chevy/Dodge in the market with their F150 and the aluminum body and ecoboost. Yes, these Dodge trucks might be cheaper upfront, but F150 holds resale value way better. Just check some of the used prices online.
I just checked. Your right because I have 07 mark lt lincoln original owner mint no rust with 89000 km. I can get $22000 for this truck. That's insane for a ten year old truck. Yes the truck msrp was around $70000 but I picked it up around $50000. The dodge rebel in even 5 years would probably not get $22000.
[OP]
May 1, 2011
762 posts
442 upvotes
Halifax
sta11ion wrote:
May 14th, 2017 6:57 pm
I just checked. Your right because I have 07 mark lt lincoln original owner mint no rust with 89000 km. I can get $22000 for this truck. That's insane for a ten year old truck. Yes the truck msrp was around $70000 but I picked it up around $50000. The dodge rebel in even 5 years would probably not get $22000.
http://wwwa.autotrader.ca/a/Lincoln/Mar ... rup=3_15_3
http://www.vmrcanada.com/used-car/value ... %20LT.html

http://wwwa.autotrader.ca/a/Ram/1500/OS ... rup=2_15_3
http://www.vmrcanada.com/used-car/value ... 20RAM.html

for a dodge slt, which cost much less than 50k new.

In the end resale is an important factor but I think more of a bragging right. More important is total cost of ownership over the length of the vehicle and what you are looking for in a vehicle. We had a Porsche Cayenne traded in that was worth the same as a similarly aged Grand Cherokee. Even if it was worth more, and resale was better, it still would have cost the porsche owner well over 60k more to own that vehicle than the cherokee. Yet, many people choose to buy Porsche Cayenne's

As for market share, trucks are all doing very well in NA. Ford had a great year in Canada last year, but by no means is destroying Dodge or GM. These 3 have been making trucks for a very long time with no winner yet. I think more likely FCA is trying to show a higher bottom line for sales and profit for their Canada operations and don't have the margin in their other lines to create a sale like this.
Apr 1, 2009
230 posts
55 upvotes
tdracer wrote:
May 14th, 2017 8:07 pm

In the end resale is an important factor but I think more of a bragging right. More important is total cost of ownership over the length of the vehicle and what you are looking for in a vehicle. We had a Porsche Cayenne traded in that was worth the same as a similarly aged Grand Cherokee. Even if it was worth more, and resale was better, it still would have cost the porsche owner well over 60k more to own that vehicle than the cherokee. Yet, many people choose to buy Porsche Cayenne's

As for market share, trucks are all doing very well in NA. Ford had a great year in Canada last year, but by no means is destroying Dodge or GM. These 3 have been making trucks for a very long time with no winner yet. I think more likely FCA is trying to show a higher bottom line for sales and profit for their Canada operations and don't have the margin in their other lines to create a sale like this.
However I don't feel a slt would be comparable to a mark lt. by the time you include leather , navi ,6.5 box crew, sunroof, 4 by 4, v8. 20 inch rims. Im pretty sure in 2007 fully loaded dodge which would probably be a lariat would of cost close to mid $50000. I'm not aware of cost on that truck so don't rip me if I'm wrong.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2009
3631 posts
902 upvotes
tdracer wrote:
May 14th, 2017 8:07 pm

I bet OP can spin the latest recall so well, that actually non working airbag is increasing retail value, and boosting reliability for Chrysler/Dodge Face With Tears Of Joy
Sep 26, 2007
322 posts
31 upvotes
Redfisher wrote:
May 14th, 2017 7:10 am
I can tell you the deal can get better not worse. With the factory order they will recalculate with current incentives when you get truck and if better you get them. So I'm wondering if with this latest recall the June incentives will be better?
Did you get that in writing? Not one dealership mentioned to me that if the price drops in June, July, etc that they would apply it to the truck ordered. They just told me its price protected in that case that if June, July, etc FCA runs a worse promo compared to this month like "Upto $10,000 off and 0%" then I would still get May's "25% of all RAMS" promo.

With some dealers they don't even price protect. So say if you bought a truck this month with the May 25% promo and your truck arrived in June or July then you would not be eligible for the May 25% rebate unless the exact same rebate is going on in June or July. Otherwise you would be inclined to accept the month's promo in which your truck arrives.

Looks like dealers have many ways of manipulating orders and how they work. Buyer beware.
[OP]
May 1, 2011
762 posts
442 upvotes
Halifax
sta11ion wrote:
May 14th, 2017 8:48 pm
However I don't feel a slt would be comparable to a mark lt. by the time you include leather , navi ,6.5 box crew, sunroof, 4 by 4, v8. 20 inch rims. Im pretty sure in 2007 fully loaded dodge which would probably be a lariat would of cost close to mid $50000. I'm not aware of cost on that truck so don't rip me if I'm wrong.
I don't know what costs back then were but my point was that a 30k truck is worth about 3-5k less wholesale than a 50k truck of the same age. I haven't seen your truck so it may be worth what you say but even if it is my point still stands and can be shown over and over. Resale is important but only one part. Total cost and utility to the owner make up more of the big picture. Then of course you have to like it and be able to afford it.

I can go on about resale and other factors of why they are higher. A high resale does not solely depend on the make of vehicle and it's quality. You proved it as I can find many of your truck for much less solely because they are in much worse condition. Vehicles will have different resales based on demographic of owners and how they are used as well as popularity and yes quality does play a role as well. A manufacturer can also manage resale value by releasing more or fewer to the rental or leasing arms of their sales. Nissan Altima and Maxima both have horrible first year resale because there are many coming into the market from sales and leasing. It doesn't make them bad vehicles.

Ford's are hot right now and maybe 1 year old ones have a higher resale but 10 year old? Probably within a couple thousand just like yours. If you are buying a truck just to sell it in a year you have more important things to worry about like eating 5k in tax.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2005
1285 posts
157 upvotes
Maple
Thanks !

Just purchased a Dodge rebel for 32 % off. Total discount on my order was 20, 439.

Rebel 4x4
Lux group
Rambox
Remote start and security
Anti spin diff
Rear camera
Trailer brake controller
Tonneau
Keyless enter and push start
9 speaker and sub Alpine
Spray in bedliner
8.4 Uconnect display
All weather mats

Got it in white, with black on black interior. 2017 is the first year you can forgo the red black combo.

I know this will get me in hot water, but opted for the V6 with the 3.92 rear end. I test drove both models back to back twice and the V6 fits my needs. On highway I was getting 8 to 9 lp100 on the v6, and like 13 to 14 on the Hemi. City the Hemi chugged gas as well. I don't really tow, I need a daily driver that is good on gas with truck functionality. The V6 tows 7200 lbs still if I need it. I was looking at the tow specs for the engines and its strange, the V6 gets higher payload than the V8 by 100 lbs or more regardless of rear end ratio. If you put in the 3:21 in the V8 Hemi the tow is only 700 lbs more than the V6, coming in at 7900 lbs. If you put the 3.92 in the hemi you can tow up to 10,000 . To me, and someone that does not tow that much and when I do, its light loads the difference isnt that great to justify the added expense. I can see it making sense for contractors or people that tow large trailer on a weekly basis.

Sure, the Hemi has more power but I would never use it since it's a pig on gas. I listened to my rational side when buying vs thinking what will others want and think. I am happy. The Hemi was 1400 more, takes 89 fuel and uses 30% more gas than the V6, not to mention added engine maintenance costs.

I also got the same about for my trade in, as I paid for the vehicle 1.5 years ago so it was a no brainer.

$41 521 was my total BEFORE my trade in

** this is also a custom build, not in stock item.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2011
1064 posts
241 upvotes
corcoran_chris wrote:
May 15th, 2017 2:59 pm
Thanks !

Just purchased a Dodge rebel for 32 % off. Total discount on my order was 20, 439.

Rebel 4x4
Lux group
Rambox
Remote start and security
Anti spin diff
Rear camera
Trailer brake controller
Tonneau
Keyless enter and push start
9 speaker and sub Alpine
Spray in bedliner
8.4 Uconnect display
All weather mats

Got it in white, with black on black interior. 2017 is the first year you can forgo the red black combo.

I know this will get me in hot water, but opted for the V6 with the 3.92 rear end. I test drove both models back to back twice and the V6 fits my needs. On highway I was getting 8 to 9 lp100 on the v6, and like 13 to 14 on the Hemi. City the Hemi chugged gas as well. I don't really tow, I need a daily driver that is good on gas with truck functionality. The V6 tows 7200 lbs still if I need it. I was looking at the tow specs for the engines and its strange, the V6 gets higher payload than the V8 by 100 lbs or more regardless of rear end ratio. If you put in the 3:21 in the V8 Hemi the tow is only 700 lbs more than the V6, coming in at 7900 lbs. If you put the 3.92 in the hemi you can tow up to 10,000 . To me, and someone that does not tow that much and when I do, its light loads the difference isnt that great to justify the added expense. I can see it making sense for contractors or people that tow large trailer on a weekly basis.

Sure, the Hemi has more power but I would never use it since it's a pig on gas. I listened to my rational side when buying vs thinking what will others want and think. I am happy. The Hemi was 1400 more, takes 89 fuel and uses 30% more gas than the V6, not to mention added engine maintenance costs.

I also got the same about for my trade in, as I paid for the vehicle 1.5 years ago so it was a no brainer.

$41 521 was my total BEFORE my trade in

** this is also a custom build, not in stock item.
I ordered the V6 in my outdoorsman but i could only get the 3:55 rear end, the 3:92 must only be in the rebel...
No One Goes to Palmerston Ontario
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2011
1064 posts
241 upvotes
kukkudo wrote:
May 14th, 2017 9:19 pm
Did you get that in writing? Not one dealership mentioned to me that if the price drops in June, July, etc that they would apply it to the truck ordered. They just told me its price protected in that case that if June, July, etc FCA runs a worse promo compared to this month like "Upto $10,000 off and 0%" then I would still get May's "25% of all RAMS" promo.

With some dealers they don't even price protect. So say if you bought a truck this month with the May 25% promo and your truck arrived in June or July then you would not be eligible for the May 25% rebate unless the exact same rebate is going on in June or July. Otherwise you would be inclined to accept the month's promo in which your truck arrives.

Looks like dealers have many ways of manipulating orders and how they work. Buyer beware.
Not in writing but she does say it in an email which i saved...
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2005
1285 posts
157 upvotes
Maple
Yeah, dealer was surprised. Makes a big difference in acceleration and peddle response.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2005
1285 posts
157 upvotes
Maple
kukkudo wrote:
May 14th, 2017 9:19 pm

When you sign your purchase agreement, all prices are there after they discount 25%. They can't change this after the fact. It's not like they take the 25% at the last minute when you pick up. Your contact shows the price your paying.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2011
1064 posts
241 upvotes
corcoran_chris wrote:
May 15th, 2017 4:11 pm
When you sign your purchase agreement, all prices are there after they discount 25%. They can't change this after the fact. It's not like they take the 25% at the last minute when you pick up. Your contact shows the price your paying.

I was told by 3 different dealers and have it in an email, Only when you Factory order when the truck comes in and new "better" incentives are out they will give them to you. So yes the deal will not get worse but can get better.
Last edited by Redfisher on May 15th, 2017 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2011
1064 posts
241 upvotes
corcoran_chris wrote:
May 15th, 2017 4:08 pm
Yeah, dealer was surprised. Makes a big difference in acceleration and peddle response.
Surprised with what? that you can order the 3:92 and V6 in Rebel but no other model with the V6?
Dec 27, 2012
854 posts
272 upvotes
Burnaby
Two of my local dealers (both within 250 metres of eachother) removed nearly every factory window sticker and either had a hand written MSRP in the bottom right corner of the driver side windshield or none at all. Not only against the law but completely shady especially after being told this base model QUAD 4x4 SLT had a $55k MSRP.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel