Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Chrysler Canada

Dodge Ram 1500 Trucks 25% off all trim levels extended for June

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2017 5:28 pm
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1928 posts
2774 upvotes
Halifax
junglemage666 wrote: it was a known issue with the ford ecoboost turbos, the replacements are much better.
Yes, but I just question the wisdom of eliminating a tried and true engine if the rumours are correct and they go to a turbo 6. Like you said, for work vehicles the v8 is likely a better choice.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2005
3129 posts
1411 upvotes
Maple
im debating on an extended warranty.

is it needed with these rams? I assune the hemi is near bullet proof at this point. and with the 4th gen rams being out for years now, I would hope that the rest of the truck is reliable too.
Sep 26, 2007
397 posts
70 upvotes
corcoran_chris wrote: im debating on an extended warranty.

is it needed with these rams? I assune the hemi is near bullet proof at this point. and with the 4th gen rams being out for years now, I would hope that the rest of the truck is reliable too.
Whats costs/coverage details on the extended warranty?
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
20136 posts
2964 upvotes
Just want to remind folks that if you work for a major corporation that is affiliated with FCA (Scotiabank, RBC, TD, Air Canada, IBM, etc etc) you can stack that discount on top of this discount (https://www.chrysler.ca/preferredcustomer/en/home.php). You're looking at another $4K - $5K off if you qualify.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Sep 22, 2014
448 posts
189 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
corcoran_chris wrote: im debating on an extended warranty.

I didn't opt for it but from my extensive googling, these trucks are proven. Simple traditional v8 and no turbos or after-treatment.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2005
3129 posts
1411 upvotes
Maple
gerogesin wrote: I didn't opt for it but from my extensive googling, these trucks are proven. Simple traditional v8 and no turbos or after-treatment.
My main concern is the electronics and suspension.
Sep 22, 2014
448 posts
189 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
corcoran_chris wrote: My main concern is the electronics and suspension.
I wouldn't worry too much about the suspension especially since you didn't get the air bags. As for the electronics, it's hard to say. I mean it could be worst, could be a vw.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2004
5083 posts
2804 upvotes
Edmonton
I think the Ram's are a bit better, but Chrysler has had their fair share of electronic gremlins in other vehicles which would worry me.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2005
3129 posts
1411 upvotes
Maple
gerogesin wrote: I wouldn't worry too much about the suspension especially since you didn't get the air bags. As for the electronics, it's hard to say. I mean it could be worst, could be a vw.

The Rebels com stock with air suspension, no way around it.
Sep 22, 2014
448 posts
189 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
corcoran_chris wrote: The Rebels com stock with air suspension, no way around it.
Oh sorry didn't know. I didn't look into a rebel because I was ready to pay more than I am. I will eventually invest in the airlift 1000 or firestone polyu bags that sit inside the rear coils to help mitigate squating. I have them for my golf and they're awesome. Inexpensive too.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1928 posts
2774 upvotes
Halifax
Extended warranties are a profit center for both the manufacturer as well as the dealership. As a whole it does not make sense to buy an extended warranty as the total cost of repairs is lower than the cost of the warranty. However, on an individual basis, a simple repair can easily be a grand or two and a catastrophic failure after the factory warranty will easily be higher than the cost of the warranty. Often, people look at the big picture and say no, when really they should look at their own situation, including their financial situation, care of the vehicle and driving habits.

If you are going to look at the big picture cost, then one thing I suggest is to not look at the up front cost, but the net average cost of a warranty (total cost of all warranties,minus repairs under warranty). There is a consumers report that advises against extended warranties, but I think that it actually makes a better point for getting it. Assuming the actuaries are doing their job and there isn't an unknown major flaw, then the net risk to you on whole is the profit the manufacturer/dealer built into the warranty. According to Consumer Reports, their one study put that at $375usd. I would guess it's quite a bit higher in Canada and for 4x4 trucks. For me, who sells cars, I bought the 5 year extended warranty for my home appliances, but passed on the extended for my cars. But my cars are cheap and relatively inexpensive to repair.

http://www.consumerreports.org/extended ... ve-gamble/

In the end I really believe it's a comfort choice. If you are a bit of a risk taker and have money available if a repair comes up, then don't buy the warranty. If you like the safety of an extended warranty, or don't have money readily available for larger repairs, or you are hard on your vehicles and go 4x4ing or tow, then get the warranty.

If you are betting your vehicle vs the actuary estimates, then I would say negotiate your extended warranty and buy it. Compared to the price of the vehicle it's net cost is very low.
May 9, 2017
7 posts
2 upvotes
dan668 wrote: Did anyone happen to pick up a sport or Laramie? Wondering what the out the door cost was.
Lurker here. I found this thread through google. I bought a fully loaded Laramie 4x4 quad cab 6'5" box -no sunroof, no brake controller, no spray in liner- and my OTD with no trade and cash deal was 49k. They started with the $xxx every two weeks crap and I firmly told them I wanted to know the out the door price. They had advertised a truck on auto trader for 35% off MSRP and I told them I wanted a better deal on a factory order since it was only paperwork for them and no inventory. So at the end of the deal I got 35.6% off the MSRP with no other fees other than HST, OMVIC fee (10.00) and new licence plates. This took 3 visits to the selling dealer and about half a day of emails/texts to two other dealers getting prices. I know the dealership STILL made 1500 bucks on my deal plus any holdback or month end spiffs they will get from Ram so you can imagine how much they pocket when they only give 25 or 30% off. This was in the GTA. Don't bother with the little dealers, go to the volume dealers. I suspect 35% will be easy to get on Monday/Tuesday as they are closing out the month and want better numbers.
My local dealers thought they were giving me a huge deal by giving me 25% off MSRP plus all their bloated fees. They are selling the vehicle at full MSRP as FCA rebates them the 25%.

To the guy in Nova Scotia who can't get more than 25% off: Email and text dealers in the GTA. Fly in to Pearson and drive home on a temp tag. You will save thousands.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2005
3129 posts
1411 upvotes
Maple
Savings up to 35% or more are possible, on the highest trim line available.
Oct 29, 2007
99 posts
25 upvotes
Oakville/south Oakville has multiple trims showing 35% off on their online pricing... I'm stuck because i want to keep pushing my budget up to the limited which are 46 and change plus tax... having trouble finding Laramie with air suspension.

unfortunately not a fan of the longhorn interiors... but the 60/40 rears are a must which is stupid they only come on sport and up, and sport is not far off the laramie (some more expensive)
May 9, 2017
7 posts
2 upvotes
4454 wrote: Oakville/south Oakville has multiple trims showing 35% off on their online pricing... I'm stuck because i want to keep pushing my budget up to the limited which are 46 and change plus tax... having trouble finding Laramie with air suspension.

unfortunately not a fan of the longhorn interiors... but the 60/40 rears are a must which is stupid they only come on sport and up, and sport is not far off the laramie (some more expensive)
There were no laramie with air suspension available when I was shopping, that is why I opted for a factory order.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3446 posts
2198 upvotes
Anyone want to post some pics of their new rides? I wish these crazy incentives were available back when I was looking. 35% is such a great deal.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2011
1254 posts
429 upvotes
All my goodies are waiting in my sun-porch for my Outdoorsman to show up.. hoping another week or two.
No One Goes to Palmerston Ontario
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
1092 posts
570 upvotes
Calgary
Ended up pulling the trigger on a Sport Crew 1500. Stickered at $61 and agreed on $41,800. Not the 35% some are getting but still pretty happy with the deal.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2005
3129 posts
1411 upvotes
Maple
dafloof wrote: Ended up pulling the trigger on a Sport Crew 1500. Stickered at $61 and agreed on $41,800. Not the 35% some are getting but still pretty happy with the deal.

Still a great deal.

It's one thing to shop around to get every single penny off that you can, but sometimes if it's a local dealer it's good to build a relationship for issues/service/warranties etc.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3446 posts
2198 upvotes
dafloof wrote: Ended up pulling the trigger on a Sport Crew 1500. Stickered at $61 and agreed on $41,800. Not the 35% some are getting but still pretty happy with the deal.
Congrats, which dealer?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)