Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
1634 posts
317 upvotes
Calgary
corcoran_chris wrote:
May 15th, 2017 2:59 pm
Thanks !

Just purchased a Dodge rebel for 32 % off. Total discount on my order was 20, 439.

Rebel 4x4
Lux group
Rambox
Remote start and security
Anti spin diff
Rear camera
Trailer brake controller
Tonneau
Keyless enter and push start
9 speaker and sub Alpine
Spray in bedliner
8.4 Uconnect display
All weather mats

Got it in white, with black on black interior. 2017 is the first year you can forgo the red black combo.

I know this will get me in hot water, but opted for the V6 with the 3.92 rear end. I test drove both models back to back twice and the V6 fits my needs. On highway I was getting 8 to 9 lp100 on the v6, and like 13 to 14 on the Hemi. City the Hemi chugged gas as well. I don't really tow, I need a daily driver that is good on gas with truck functionality. The V6 tows 7200 lbs still if I need it. I was looking at the tow specs for the engines and its strange, the V6 gets higher payload than the V8 by 100 lbs or more regardless of rear end ratio. If you put in the 3:21 in the V8 Hemi the tow is only 700 lbs more than the V6, coming in at 7900 lbs. If you put the 3.92 in the hemi you can tow up to 10,000 . To me, and someone that does not tow that much and when I do, its light loads the difference isnt that great to justify the added expense. I can see it making sense for contractors or people that tow large trailer on a weekly basis.

Sure, the Hemi has more power but I would never use it since it's a pig on gas. I listened to my rational side when buying vs thinking what will others want and think. I am happy. The Hemi was 1400 more, takes 89 fuel and uses 30% more gas than the V6, not to mention added engine maintenance costs.

I also got the same about for my trade in, as I paid for the vehicle 1.5 years ago so it was a no brainer.

$41 521 was my total BEFORE my trade in

** this is also a custom build, not in stock item.
That's a hell of a discount. $41521 for that truck is an amazing price. Congrats. The only thing that would have me thinking twice between the Hemi and the V6 is the 8 speed isn't the same between the two from my research. The Hemi gets the ZF while the V6 gets a Chrysler unit? Unless I'm remember this wrong.
Jul 5, 2004
21949 posts
1906 upvotes
corcoran_chris wrote:
May 15th, 2017 2:59 pm
Thanks !

Just purchased a Dodge rebel for 32 % off. Total discount on my order was 20, 439.

Rebel 4x4
Lux group
Rambox
Remote start and security
Anti spin diff
Rear camera
Trailer brake controller
Tonneau
Keyless enter and push start
9 speaker and sub Alpine
Spray in bedliner
8.4 Uconnect display
All weather mats

Got it in white, with black on black interior. 2017 is the first year you can forgo the red black combo.

I know this will get me in hot water, but opted for the V6 with the 3.92 rear end. I test drove both models back to back twice and the V6 fits my needs. On highway I was getting 8 to 9 lp100 on the v6, and like 13 to 14 on the Hemi. City the Hemi chugged gas as well. I don't really tow, I need a daily driver that is good on gas with truck functionality. The V6 tows 7200 lbs still if I need it. I was looking at the tow specs for the engines and its strange, the V6 gets higher payload than the V8 by 100 lbs or more regardless of rear end ratio. If you put in the 3:21 in the V8 Hemi the tow is only 700 lbs more than the V6, coming in at 7900 lbs. If you put the 3.92 in the hemi you can tow up to 10,000 . To me, and someone that does not tow that much and when I do, its light loads the difference isnt that great to justify the added expense. I can see it making sense for contractors or people that tow large trailer on a weekly basis.

Sure, the Hemi has more power but I would never use it since it's a pig on gas. I listened to my rational side when buying vs thinking what will others want and think. I am happy. The Hemi was 1400 more, takes 89 fuel and uses 30% more gas than the V6, not to mention added engine maintenance costs.

I also got the same about for my trade in, as I paid for the vehicle 1.5 years ago so it was a no brainer.

$41 521 was my total BEFORE my trade in

** this is also a custom build, not in stock item.
The V8 is heavier, that's why the payload is higher on the V6. Towing limits don't really matter, with the low payload of the Ram trucks, you'll almost always max out the payload before you max out the towing numbers.
Toronto Maple Leafs tickets for sale. PM me for details
Dec 27, 2012
854 posts
272 upvotes
Burnaby
XDR wrote:
May 17th, 2017 2:03 pm
I've built many different trucks at the official site and they're all coming out lower MSRP then the inventory listed on multiple dealer websites - all with topped out options... some are off by 5k+.
See my previous post. I went into 2 separate Dodge dealers and they had actually removed the window stickers and replaced them with stock tags on the driver side windshield simply saying the stock # + $55k or $48K or whatever for that particular truck. SUPER SHADY and why Dodge wont get my business. They have so much margin in these trucks its absurd. Even after grinding the guy down to 31% off "MSRP" hes offering me free 4 yr maintenance and a 4K TV.
Jan 20, 2011
33 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
So this is my dream build.
I would buy this truck TODAY if anyone can find/build one :)
RAM Rebel MOJAVE SAND with BLACK REBEL GROUP
.... AND for the RIGHT price :) :)

Hitting the email address HARD today
Retail Price & Invoice Price
---------------------------------------------
Base ---$55,195 $49,967
Freight ---$1,795 $1,795
-------------------------------------------
Optional equipment selected
- ENGINE: 5.7L HEMI VVT V8 EZH ---$400 $348
- TRANSMISSION: 8-SPEED TORQUEFLITE AUTOMATIC (DFK) ---$1,000 $870
- WHEELS: 17" X 8" MATTE BLACK ALUMINUM(.inc) ---$0 $0
- MOJAVE SAND PTA ---$0 $0
- BRILLIANT BLACK CRYSTAL PEARLCOAT QXR ---$0 $0
- LOWER TWO-TONE PAINT APD ---$0 $0
- BLACK/BLACK HEAVY DUTY VINYL FRONT BUCKET W/TREAD PATTERN N7XR-2 ---$0 $0
- 3.92 REAR AXLE RATIO (STD) DMH ---$0 $0
- MOJAVE SAND REBEL PACKAGE -inc: ---$995 $866
- RAM 1500 BLACK REBEL GROUP -inc: ---$595 $518
- LUXURY GROUP ---$800 $696
- RAMBOX CARGO MANAGEMENT SYSTEM ---$1,195 $1,040
- PROTECTION GROUP -inc: Transfer Case Skid Plate Front Suspension Skid Plate ADB ---$175 $152
- ANTI-SPIN DIFFERENTIAL REAR AXLE DSA ---$525 $457
- 121-LITRE (26.6-GALLON) FUEL TANK NFX ---$250 $218
- POWER SUNROOF GWA ---$1,425 $1,240
- REAR WINDOW DEFROSTER GFA-R ---$225 $196
- SPRAY-IN BEDLINER XMF ---$550 $479
- RADIO: UCONNECT 8.4" SXM/HANDS-FREE -inc: Nav-Ready See Retailer ---$950 $827
- 9 ALPINE SPEAKERS W/SUBWOOFER RC3 ---$450 $392
- TONNEAU COVER W/EMBOSSED RAM'S HEAD CSU ---$450 $392
- PARKVIEW REAR BACK-UP CAMERA -inc: Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror XAC-R ---$475 $413
- QUICK ORDER PACKAGE 26W REBEL ---$0 $0
- FEDERAL AIR CONDITIONING EXCISE TAX -EXTAX ---$100 $100
-----------------------------------------
PPA Assessment ---$75
--------------------------------------------------------------
Dealer Advertising Allowance ---$150
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total including all items above: ---$67,550 $61,191

p.s. The RIGHT font format was to keep the prices inline :)
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2003
2869 posts
232 upvotes
Peterborough, ON
We got a notification from FCA head office today. They will not be extending this program beyond May 31st due to significant increased cost to FCA for this program and will be scaling back in June. I can say that in the 8 years I been selling for Chrysler, this is the highest Manufacturer reimbursement I"ve ever seen for FCA. 25% reimbursement from invoice is huge. So yes it is possible to get upwards of around 30% or so from MSRP since we still have some markups. The higher the trim with more options, the higher discount percentage.

To everyone that has taken advantage so far, congratulations!
Tung(Tom)Nguyen
Dec 31, 2013
550 posts
256 upvotes
codywatkins wrote:
May 16th, 2017 2:33 pm
Maple Ridge is currently doing that 25% off and no GST + no PST (see their Facebook page). This works out to about 34% off MSRP which is what others in this thread are saying they're getting.

I'm going to check around to local dealers and see who's willing to match or beat that promo, saves me a trip across the bridge.

Edit: My math could be wrong. Feel free to correct me.
Wouldn't 25% off + no GST/PAST (12%) = 32-33% assuming most people are buying this for business and getting the GST portion rebated by the govt anyway? And the discounts wouldn't be added, but calculated as a factor (100*.75*0.88), correct?

Too bad the EcoDiesel built by FCA is being sued by the US Attorney General. Looks to be a pretty big case that could result in some technical bulletins and hefty fines... Wonder how that'll impact the resell value (compared to residual) of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel...
Sep 26, 2012
806 posts
82 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Did anyone happen to pick up a sport or Laramie? Wondering what the out the door cost was.
Oct 29, 2007
68 posts
15 upvotes
Going to start shopping for a Laramie crew 4x4 with a few options ( Bedliner, air suspension, buckets and parksense, steps, starter/keyless) was shooting for an out the door price under 49k but will see what kind of end of the month deals I can find. .. would be interested if anyone has a similar config and what they paid...
Mar 15, 2016
13 posts
2 upvotes
I have been trying to get the deal some are getting around the gta just a few hours North, but through the magic of no competition I have gotten maybe 30%, still good, but not the 32 some are getting south of here, of course this goes along with low balling my trade in, it seems they are making so much money they would rather not give in and make no money from me, they need to win. That on top of the usual nonsense, here's your monthly payment (over 96 months, lol, without the discount you asked for sir, o but sure, we can give you that discount, now that you ask, for the 3rd time, o but I have to check with the manager sir, sign this first sir...) it could be so easy, but I quickly grow tired of trying to convince salesmen to take a fair amount of my money, they would rather get nothing at all or hope im stupid enough to give them an unfair amount.
[OP]
May 1, 2011
771 posts
447 upvotes
Halifax
jyhawk wrote:
May 26th, 2017 1:03 am
I have been trying to get the deal some are getting around the gta just a few hours North, but through the magic of no competition I have gotten maybe 30%, still good, but not the 32 some are getting south of here, of course this goes along with low balling my trade in, it seems they are making so much money they would rather not give in and make no money from me, they need to win. That on top of the usual nonsense, here's your monthly payment (over 96 months, lol, without the discount you asked for sir, o but sure, we can give you that discount, now that you ask, for the 3rd time, o but I have to check with the manager sir, sign this first sir...) it could be so easy, but I quickly grow tired of trying to convince salesmen to take a fair amount of my money, they would rather get nothing at all or hope im stupid enough to give them an unfair amount.

Just my opinion, but 30% off is pretty amazing. You might wait until the end of the month now and see what happens. As for the trade, if you don't like it, just sell it yourself. You will always get more when you sell it yourself.

One thing some people try and do is work the trade as a retail trade vs. the new vehicle. Whereas the dealership is going to offer maximum wholesale minus guessed repairs. Anybody who gets higher than that is usually getting a discount on the new added into trade, but since you have already gotten the 30% discount, it's likely they have no room to move on the trade.
Dec 14, 2011
643 posts
160 upvotes
London
jyhawk wrote:
May 26th, 2017 1:03 am
This "usual nonsense" is exactly why I will only buy from Peel Chrysler. Bought my last van with three emails and one five minutes call (to give credit card for deposit).
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2005
1292 posts
157 upvotes
Maple
Just got word the rebel V6 I ordered can't be built with that engine anymore.

They said they will give me the V8 for free if I want, a 1400 option.

A win I guess, but I would have preferred a v6 for gas. Let's hope the Hemi isn't too bad on my mostly highway commute.
Dec 6, 2012
389 posts
189 upvotes
North
corcoran_chris wrote:
May 26th, 2017 11:16 am
Just got word the rebel V6 I ordered can't be built with that engine anymore.

They said they will give me the V8 for free if I want, a 1400 option.

A win I guess, but I would have preferred a v6 for gas. Let's hope the Hemi isn't too bad on my mostly highway commute.
That Pentastar V6 is a pig, had it on my '12 Wrangler. There's maybe 2L/100km difference between that and the V8 highway driving. Probaby less if you don't stomp on the go pedal hard whenever you get the chance
2013 - 7 Wins - $6850 - Trip to NC/Drove NASCAR
2014 - 4 Wins - $525
Oct 28, 2003
71 posts
13 upvotes
I paid $49,800 all in for a Sport 4x4 Crew loaded. MSRP was $67k and change. Factory order also beat the cutoff and got exactly what I wanted...

Now to decide to trade in or sell. I have a guarantee on my trade so will see what the open market brings.
Sep 22, 2014
187 posts
53 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
4454 wrote:
May 25th, 2017 10:32 am
Going to start shopping for a Laramie crew 4x4 with a few options ( Bedliner, air suspension, buckets and parksense, steps, starter/keyless) was shooting for an out the door price under 49k but will see what kind of end of the month deals I can find. .. would be interested if anyone has a similar config and what they paid...
Check scarboro chrysler. I saw a laramie long horn for 48k plus tax.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel