Expired Hot Deals

[Chrysler Canada] Dodge Ram 1500 Trucks 25% off all trim levels extended for June

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 20th, 2017 5:38 am
[OP]
May 1, 2011
802 posts
486 upvotes
Halifax

[Chrysler Canada] Dodge Ram 1500 Trucks 25% off all trim levels extended for June

EDIT JUNE 01 - Sale has been extended for month of June. 25% off all Ram 1500 models. 25% off Dodge Grand Caravans as well.

Links to follow. Should be nation wide.

May is Ram Trucks month. Following in the footsteps of GM, FCA is discounting their 1500 Ram line of trucks by 25% off of MSRP. This is huge. I just heard about it this morning and will update with links once they are posted.

Ram 1500 25% discount of MSRP and finance at 3.49%

*** Our dealership is saying it's 25% ALL trim levels including all accessories, freight and even A/C tax. Basically we are taking 25% off the MSRP tag on the truck.

Full disclosure: I work for Dartmouth Dodge, in Dartmouth, NS. [removed] It is not just this dealership but is Canada wide.

Updated fine print cut and pasted from Pauly Boy
Get 25% off MSRP** on select 2017 models for a limited time only

** 25% off MSRP discount available to retail customers on the purchase/lease of all in-stock 2017 Ram 1500 models at all participating dealers from May 1 to 31, 2017. Discounts are calculated based on MSRP plus options, freight, A/C and tire charge and will be deducted from the negotiated price before taxes. Percentage off MSRP discount cannot be combined any other bonus cash or consumer cash offer. Dealer may sell for less. See participating dealer for complete details.

Link to offers:
https://www.ramtruckoffers.ca/en/offers/ontario

*** Looks like their website is not reflecting any discounts. If you want a comparison, build the vehicle you want then take 25% off msrp and take to your local dealer. Per above, it says in stock vehicles, which is likely why they are not adjusting website, although that may change.
Last edited by tdracer on May 2nd, 2017 9:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
667 replies
Apr 2, 2013
8 posts
40 upvotes
How is this a hot deal? $47000 for a Dodge Ram 1500 SXT 4x4 quad cab is an overly inflated MSRP. If that's $11,000 that brings it to $36,000. You can buy these trucks at $30,000 in the months before as well.

This truck is due for a model change and they have been been lease deals in the past. Show us net prices instead of this % off nonsense. You might be able to fool the average joe, but not rfders
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
1975 posts
1079 upvotes
Clarington
Weren't we just all leasing these trucks for $130/month?

Why the he'll would you pay $35k?
Mar 5, 2013
99 posts
59 upvotes
Kitchener
The Ram deals have been very hot at the dealers I've been speaking to RAM 1500 SXT Quad Cab 4x4 hemi for $29k including freight and A/C just HST on top of that. I really want a truck and it's tempting with how great the resale values are....fuel costs on the other hand...
Apr 2, 2013
8 posts
40 upvotes
The OP being a dealer should clarify.

What's the deal here?

1) 25% off MSRP or

2) $29K purchase price on SXT quad cab 4x4 hemi incl freight

25% off MSRP is A crappy deal when ppl were leasing these trucks for $4-6K for 24 months back in November
[OP]
May 1, 2011
802 posts
486 upvotes
Halifax
lokilo wrote:
May 2nd, 2017 10:26 am
How is this a hot deal? $47000 for a Dodge Ram 1500 SXT 4x4 quad cab is an overly inflated MSRP. If that's $11,000 that brings it to $36,000. You can buy these trucks at $30,000 in the months before as well.

This truck is due for a model change and they have been been lease deals in the past. Show us net prices instead of this % off nonsense. You might be able to fool the average joe, but not rfders
First, they don't even have the details up on their website yet. Once they are there, I will post more details. It's a deal because you are getting a huge discount on the vehicle. I would agree that the marketing methods of all automobile manufacturers can be suspect but if you are looking for a truck you just need to look at what the net cost is to you and try not to get riled up by marketing gimmicks. Ford, GM, and the rest all have cash discounts / marketing gimmicks.

I can't post net prices because there are so many variations. That's why there is a website where you can build your vehicle. I think you are asking a lot for net prices with all the variation.

I don't think you can buy at 47k Ram for 30k. If you can then post a link. That sounds like a great deal.
lokilo wrote:
May 2nd, 2017 10:57 am
The OP being a dealer should clarify.

What's the deal here?

1) 25% off MSRP or

2) $29K purchase price on SXT quad cab 4x4 hemi incl freight

25% off MSRP is A crappy deal when ppl were leasing these trucks for $4-6K for 24 months back in November
1) It is 25% off MSRP. That's the best discount this year and much better than last month.

2) 29k on SXT was posted by someone else. That is a heavily discounted price over and above the msrp off.

25% off MSRP is A crappy deal when ppl were leasing these trucks for $4-6K for 24 months back in November - one is a lease, and one is a purchase. The lease was for very low km, and while it was a good deal, you do need a time machine to still get it.

I will post more details as I get them, but this is the best price for a Ram truck this year.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
2378 posts
514 upvotes
Lethbridge
Only a few people actually got that “deal”. The problem was there was no availability of the SXT & only a handful of dealers wanted to play ball.

I followed that thread from the first day & a couple buds tried to “export” them to Alberta for cheap winter beaters, in the end it just became too much hassle & freight costs were not as cheap as we were led to believe from our CP rail contact.

That being said, I’m gonna have to see some actual numbers. 25% off the inflated MSRP is pretty meaningless.

Here’s the fine print btw:
Get 25% off MSRP** on select 2017 models for a limited time only

** 25% off MSRP discount available to retail customers on the purchase/lease of all in-stock 2017 Ram 1500 models at all participating dealers from May 1 to 31, 2017. Discounts are calculated based on MSRP plus options, freight, A/C and tire charge and will be deducted from the negotiated price before taxes. Percentage off MSRP discount cannot be combined any other bonus cash or consumer cash offer. Dealer may sell for less. See participating dealer for complete details.
Deal Fanatic
May 12, 2004
9035 posts
3125 upvotes
Ottawa
Last month they were advertising the following to compete with the April GMC sale:
2017 RAM 1500 ST 4x4 Quad Cab 6.3 ft. box
Suggested Price:$46,830
Our Price: $34,518

Now this 25% off sale gives the following:
$46,830 x 25% = 11.707.50
$46,830 - $11,707.50 = $35,122.50

What a crock of horseshit. I can't believe the average Canadian is such an idiot to fall for this crap. They're embarrassing mankind.
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
Apr 2, 2013
8 posts
40 upvotes
If the OP can't post prices then why is he posting on RFD ????

Most people familiar with the lease deal know about the 2017 ram 1500 sxt 4x4 5.7l quad cab that's normally sells for cash purchase price in BC anyways for 30,998. Usually BC is one of the highest priced provinces.That deal has been around for ages with the price fluctuating up and down 1-2k monthly.

Chrysler dealers are the worst of the worst, they have these "special events" and claim to bring in Chrysler sales reps when they are just sales guys from a marketing firm.
[OP]
May 1, 2011
802 posts
486 upvotes
Halifax
Cas77 wrote:
May 2nd, 2017 11:39 am
Last month they were advertising the following to compete with the April GMC sale:
2017 RAM 1500 ST 4x4 Quad Cab 6.3 ft. box
Suggested Price:$46,830
Our Price: $34,518

Now this 25% off sale gives the following:
$46,830 x 25% = 11.707.50
$46,830 - $11,707.50 = $35,122.50

What a crock of horseshit. I can't believe the average Canadian is such an idiot to fall for this crap. They're embarrassing mankind.
I don't know where you got your top numbers. Assuming they are correct, then it' s not a better deal in this case, but on higher trim levels you will be getting 25% off MSRP, 25% off the included accessories, 25% off freight. For higher trim levels last month had 7750 off plus trade discount of 1500. This month is 25% off for total discounts as high as 17500. As far as I can tell, this deal even includes regular cab trucks.
Deal Fanatic
May 12, 2004
9035 posts
3125 upvotes
Ottawa
tdracer wrote:
May 2nd, 2017 12:12 pm
I don't know where you got your top numbers. Assuming they are correct, then it' s not a better deal in this case, but on higher trim levels you will be getting 25% off MSRP, 25% off the included accessories, 25% off freight. For higher trim levels last month had 7750 off plus trade discount of 1500. This month is 25% off for total discounts as high as 17500. As far as I can tell, this deal even includes regular cab trucks.
My pricing was plastered all over the local newspapers last month.
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
[OP]
May 1, 2011
802 posts
486 upvotes
Halifax
lokilo wrote:
May 2nd, 2017 12:05 pm
If the OP can't post prices then why is he posting on RFD ????
Because it's 25% off all trim levels. There are hundreds combinations. I encourage you to go and build a truck online (Ford and GM are the same). There are hundreds if not thousands of combinations.
lokilo wrote:
Most people familiar with the lease deal know about the 2017 ram 1500 sxt 4x4 5.7l quad cab that's normally sells for cash purchase price in BC anyways for 30,998. Usually BC is one of the highest priced provinces.That deal has been around for ages with the price fluctuating up and down 1-2k monthly.
They will also know that very few dealerships bring in those bare bones sxt's. It's a competitive market, so they are always priced competitively. This sale is for all trim levels with savings up to 17500. If you are looking for an entry level truck this sale might not blow your socks off, but for higher trim levels the savings are huge.
lokilo wrote:
Chrysler dealers are the worst of the worst, they have these "special events" and claim to bring in Chrysler sales reps when they are just sales guys from a marketing firm.
All those special events are run by marketing companies that do the sale on behalf of the dealership. All manufacturers use these marketing firms. (maybe luxury brands don't but the rest do)
Oct 29, 2007
84 posts
22 upvotes
Agree with OP - this is a hot deal on the more expensive trim levels.. a Laramie trim prices out 5k cheaper then last month for me ... The quad cab offer was good to last month but only if that was the exact model/cab you were looking for.

OP can you share what the interest rates for each term are?