• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2017 6:48 pm
[OP]
Aug 26, 2005
286 posts
77 upvotes
Metro Vancouver

[CIBC] $25 for converting $300 into a foreign currency

Hi everyone. I was going through my CIBC account online and didn't see this promotion posted on RFD, so I thought I'd share.

$25 for converting $300 into a foreign currency

TL;DR:
  1. Free $25 for converting $300 CAD into another currency for yourself.
  2. This must be your first foreign-exchange order with CIBC.
  3. Free home delivery or branch pick-up.
  4. No conversion fee.
  5. Must currently have a CIBC bank account or line of credit.
  6. Must use link from a fellow CIBC customer.
-----

From the CIBC Foreign Cash Online Referral Program Terms and Conditions PDF.
Eligibility:
1. The referral offer is available to any CIBC client who has registered for the CIBC Foreign Cash Online service (“referrer”) who refers a friend to CIBC to conduct a CIBC Foreign Cash Online order for the first time. The offer is only offered to residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence.

Offer Requirements:
2. A cash referral bonus in an amount determined by CIBC from time to time [currently $25 --OP] will be paid to each of the referrer and the friend if:
a) The referrer uses the FX order referral link in CIBC Online Banking to email the friend the offer (no Bonus will be paid if the friend is referred in any other manner); and
b) The friend logs into CIBC Online Banking, clicks the referral link and sends their first FX order in an amount not less than $300 CDN (or the equivalent amount in a foreign currency) from a CIBC personal bank or line of credit account held in their name within 30 days of receiving the email referral.

Bonus Payment:
3. Bonuses will be paid into the referee’s and friend’s personal bank accounts within 15 business days of the friend’s first FX order. In there are multiple accounts in the referee’s or friend’s name, CIBC will choose which account will be credited.
4. If the referrer or friend does not have a personal deposit account, they will need to open one for CIBC to deposit the bonus. Bonuses will only be paid if the personal deposit account open at the time of payment and will not be paid in any other manner.

Conditions:
5. Limit of one bonus paid to the referrer per friend and one bonus paid to the friend, regardless of the number of accounts in the friend’s name. The friend must have never sent a FX order previously. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer or rebate unless otherwise disclosed.
6. FX orders count towards allowable transaction limits on accounts and bank account transaction fees may apply.
7. CIBC reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend, disqualify, limit or revoke this offer for any person it finds or believes to be manipulating or otherwise abusing the process, fairness, or integrity of the offer.
8. CIBC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, amend or suspend this offer, or to amend these terms and conditions, in any way without prior notice or obligation for any reason whatsoever. Continued use of the offer means that you accept the terms in force at that time.
9. By participating in this offer, you agree to be bound by these terms and consent to CIBC, its agents and/or representatives, collecting, using and sharing the personal information you submitted while participating in this offer for the purpose of administering this offer and in accordance with CIBC’s privacy policy “Your Privacy is Protected” (available at: www.cibc.com/privacy).
10. Please visit https://www.cibc.com/ca/how-to-bank/for ... nline.html for information regarding any updates to these terms.

------
Some questions answered (from https://www.cibc.com/en/personal-bankin ... nline.html)

What currencies do I have access to when ordering foreign cash online?

The table below outlines up to 65 foreign currency banknotes offered by CIBC, representing more than 90 countries around the world:

Currency Code Currency Name Country
AED United Arab Emirates Dirham United Arabic Emirates
ANG Netherlands Antillean Guilder Netherlands Antilles
AUD Australian Dollar Australia
AWG Aruban Florin Aruba
BBD Barbadian Dollar Barbados
BGN Bulgarian Lev Bulgaria
BHD Bahraini Dinar Bahrain
BMD Bermudian Dollar Bermuda
BND Brunei Dollar Brunei
BRL Brazilian Real Brazil
BZD Belize Dollar Belize
CHF Swiss Franc Switzerland
CLP Chilean Peso Chile
CNY Chinese Yuan China
COP Colombian Peso Colombia
CRC Costa Rican Colón Costa Rica
CZK Czech Koruna Czech Republic
DKK Danish Krone Denmark
DOP Dominican Peso Dominican Republic
EUR Euro European Union
FJD Fijian Dollar Fiji
GBP British Pound Great Britain
GTQ Guatemalan Quetzal Guatemala
HKD Hong Kong Dollar Hong Kong
HRK Croatian Kuna Croatia
HUF Hungarian Forint Hungary
IDR Indonesian Rupiah Indonesia
ILS Israeli new Shekel Israel
JMD Jamaican Dollar Jamaica
JOD Jordanian Dinar Jordan
JPY Japanese Yen Japan
KES Kenyan Shilling Kenya
KRW South Korean Won South Korea
KWD Kuwaiti Dinar Kuwait
KYD Cayman Islands Dollar Cayman Islands
MUR Mauritian Rupee Mauritius
MXN Mexican Peso Mexico
MYR Malaysian Ringgit Malaysia
NIO Nicaraguan Córdoba Nicaragua
NOK Norwegian Krone Norway
NZD New Zealand Dollar New Zealand
OMR Omani Rial Oman
PEN Peruvian Nuevo Sol Peru
PGK Papua New Guinean Kina Papua New Guinea
PHP Philippine Peso Philippines
PKR Pakistani Rupee Pakistan
PLN Polish Zloty Poland
PYG Paraguayan Guaraní Paraguay
QAR Qatari Riyal Qatar
RON Romanian Leu Romania
RUB Russian Ruble Russia
SAR Saudi Riyal Saudi Arabia
SEK Swedish Krona Sweden
SGD Singapore Dollar Singapore
THB Thai Baht Thailand
TND Tunisian Dinar Tunisia
TRY Turkish Lira Turkey
TWD New Taiwan Dollar Taiwan
USD United States Dollar United States
UYU Uruguayan Peso Uruguay
VND Vietnamese Dong Vietnam
VUV Vanuatu Vatu Vanuatu
XPF CFP Franc French Polynesia
ZAR South African Rand South Africa

Am I charged a fee for using CIBC Foreign Cash?
No, you’re not charged a service fee with CIBC Foreign Cash Online™. However, each transaction does count towards your allowable transaction limit. Bank account transaction fees may apply. CIBC Foreign Cash also provides free delivery to your home or any CIBC Banking Centre (including Toronto Pearson Airport).

When ordering foreign cash online, how long will it take to arrive?

Your foreign currency will be delivered within 3 business days to most urban branch and home locations. Deliveries are made Monday to Friday, between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm ET. Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. box and business addresses, some remote locations or internationally.

How can I get additional support?
For assistance with CIBC Foreign Cash Online™ and your transactions, call us at 1-866-330-7344, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

What CIBC bank accounts can I purchase foreign currency from?
You may purchase foreign currency from any of your Canadian-denominated chequing, saving or personal line of credit accounts.
Last edited by canadianhub on Aug 31st, 2017 10:39 pm, edited 10 times in total.
You can send me a message using this Google Form
118 replies
Nov 16, 2013
235 posts
25 upvotes
Mississauga
What! INR (Indian Rupee) is missing
canadianhub wrote:
Aug 31st, 2017 10:39 pm
Hi everyone. I didn't see this posted, so I thought I'd share.

$25 for converting $300 into a foreign currency

TL;DR:
  1. Free $25 for converting $300 CAD into another currency for yourself.
  2. This must be your first foreign-exchange order with CIBC.
  3. Pick up your converted money at a CIBC branch. Or receive it at home/office/anywhere by Canada Post Registered Mail.
  4. No conversion fee.
  5. Must currently have a CIBC bank account or line of credit. (Why not open one up today?)
  6. PM me for the link. No link, no $25 bonus.

-----
From the CIBC Foreign Cash Online Referral Program Terms and Conditions PDF.

Eligibility:
1. The referral offer is available to any CIBC client who has registered for the CIBC Foreign Cash Online service (“referrer”) who refers a friend to CIBC to conduct a CIBC Foreign Cash Online order for the first time. The offer is only offered to residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence.

Offer Requirements:
2. A cash referral bonus in an amount determined by CIBC from time to time. [currently $25 --OP] will be paid to each of the referrer and the friend if:
a) The referrer uses the FX order referral link in CIBC Online Banking to email the friend the offer (no Bonus will be paid if the friend is referred in any other manner); and
b) The friend logs into CIBC Online Banking, clicks the referral link and sends their first FX order in an amount not less than $300 CDN (or the equivalent amount in a foreign currency) from a CIBC personal bank or line of credit account held in their name within 30 days of receiving the email referral.

Bonus Payment:
3. Bonuses will be paid into the referee’s and friend’s personal bank accounts within 15 business days of the friend’s first FX order. In there are multiple accounts in the referee’s or friend’s name, CIBC will choose which account will be credited.
4. If the referrer or friend does not have a personal deposit account, they will need to open one for CIBC to deposit the bonus. Bonuses will only be paid if the personal deposit account open at the time of payment and will not be paid in any other manner.

Conditions:
5. Limit of one bonus paid to the referrer per friend and one bonus paid to the friend, regardless of the number of accounts in the friend’s name. The friend must have never sent a FX order previously. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer or rebate unless otherwise disclosed.
6. FX orders count towards allowable transaction limits on accounts and bank account transaction fees may apply.
7. CIBC reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend, disqualify, limit or revoke this offer for any person it finds or believes to be manipulating or otherwise abusing the process, fairness, or integrity of the offer.
8. CIBC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, amend or suspend this offer, or to amend these terms and conditions, in any way without prior notice or obligation for any reason whatsoever. Continued use of the offer means that you accept the terms in force at that time.
9. By participating in this offer, you agree to be bound by these terms and consent to CIBC, its agents and/or representatives, collecting, using and sharing the personal information you submitted while participating in this offer for the purpose of administering this offer and in accordance with CIBC’s privacy policy “Your Privacy is Protected” (available at: www.cibc.com/privacy).
10. Please visit https://www.cibc.com/ca/how-to-bank/for ... nline.html for information regarding any updates to these terms.

------

Some questions answered (from https://www.cibc.com/en/personal-bankin ... nline.html)

What currencies do I have access to when ordering foreign cash online?

The table below outlines up to 65 foreign currency banknotes offered by CIBC, representing more than 90 countries around the world:

Currency Code Currency Name Country
AED United Arab Emirates Dirham United Arabic Emirates
ANG Netherlands Antillean Guilder Netherlands Antilles
AUD Australian Dollar Australia
AWG Aruban Florin Aruba
BBD Barbadian Dollar Barbados
BGN Bulgarian Lev Bulgaria
BHD Bahraini Dinar Bahrain
BMD Bermudian Dollar Bermuda
BND Brunei Dollar Brunei
BRL Brazilian Real Brazil
BZD Belize Dollar Belize
CHF Swiss Franc Switzerland
CLP Chilean Peso Chile
CNY Chinese Yuan China
COP Colombian Peso Colombia
CRC Costa Rican Colón Costa Rica
CZK Czech Koruna Czech Republic
DKK Danish Krone Denmark
DOP Dominican Peso Dominican Republic
EUR Euro European Union
FJD Fijian Dollar Fiji
GBP British Pound Great Britain
GTQ Guatemalan Quetzal Guatemala
HKD Hong Kong Dollar Hong Kong
HRK Croatian Kuna Croatia
HUF Hungarian Forint Hungary
IDR Indonesian Rupiah Indonesia
ILS Israeli new Shekel Israel
JMD Jamaican Dollar Jamaica
JOD Jordanian Dinar Jordan
JPY Japanese Yen Japan
KES Kenyan Shilling Kenya
KRW South Korean Won South Korea
KWD Kuwaiti Dinar Kuwait
KYD Cayman Islands Dollar Cayman Islands
MUR Mauritian Rupee Mauritius
MXN Mexican Peso Mexico
MYR Malaysian Ringgit Malaysia
NIO Nicaraguan Córdoba Nicaragua
NOK Norwegian Krone Norway
NZD New Zealand Dollar New Zealand
OMR Omani Rial Oman
PEN Peruvian Nuevo Sol Peru
PGK Papua New Guinean Kina Papua New Guinea
PHP Philippine Peso Philippines
PKR Pakistani Rupee Pakistan
PLN Polish Zloty Poland
PYG Paraguayan Guaraní Paraguay
QAR Qatari Riyal Qatar
RON Romanian Leu Romania
RUB Russian Ruble Russia
SAR Saudi Riyal Saudi Arabia
SEK Swedish Krona Sweden
SGD Singapore Dollar Singapore
THB Thai Baht Thailand
TND Tunisian Dinar Tunisia
TRY Turkish Lira Turkey
TWD New Taiwan Dollar Taiwan
USD United States Dollar United States
UYU Uruguayan Peso Uruguay
VND Vietnamese Dong Vietnam
VUV Vanuatu Vatu Vanuatu
XPF CFP Franc French Polynesia
ZAR South African Rand South Africa

Am I charged a fee for using CIBC Foreign Cash?
No, you’re not charged a service fee with CIBC Foreign Cash Online™. However, each transaction does count towards your allowable transaction limit. Bank account transaction fees may apply. CIBC Foreign Cash also provides free delivery to your home or any CIBC Banking Centre (including Toronto Pearson Airport).

When ordering foreign cash online, how long will it take to arrive?

Your foreign currency will be delivered within 3 business days to most urban branch and home locations. Deliveries are made Monday to Friday, between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm ET. Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. box and business addresses, some remote locations or internationally.

How can I get additional support?
For assistance with CIBC Foreign Cash Online™ and your transactions, call us at 1-866-330-7344, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

What CIBC bank accounts can I purchase foreign currency from?
You may purchase foreign currency from any of your Canadian-denominated chequing, saving or personal line of credit accounts.
[OP]
Aug 26, 2005
286 posts
77 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
vivmk20 wrote:
Aug 31st, 2017 10:53 pm
What! INR (Indian Rupee) is missing
You're right. The currency of a burgeoning nation is absent. Maybe one day CIBC will add it to the list of currencies.

P.S. I tried to have a comprehensive first-post, which means it's long. It may help others if you did not quote my entire first-post. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2009
3737 posts
451 upvotes
Montreal
What's the spread on the FX to USD or Mexican Pesos? I have a CIBC savings account.
Aug 6, 2012
247 posts
393 upvotes
AURORA
Repost. I posted this a few days ago but for some reason Mars2012 deleted it.
[OP]
Aug 26, 2005
286 posts
77 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
cn_habs wrote:
Aug 31st, 2017 11:16 pm
What's the spread on the FX to USD or Mexican Pesos? I have a CIBC savings account.
Hi cn_habs. Thanks for dropping in.

I just calculated it in CIBC and the rate is
4,070.00 Mexican pesos for $300.24 CAD (CIBC added 24 cents so that the target currency is in round figures.)

1 CAD = 13.555646 MXN
1 MXN = 0.073770 CAD

300.75 CAD returns 235 USD.
1 CAD = 0.781372 USD
1 USD = 1.279800 CAD
Hope this helps.
Last edited by canadianhub on Aug 31st, 2017 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Aug 26, 2005
286 posts
77 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
azhang24 wrote:
Aug 31st, 2017 11:17 pm
Sorry to hear that it got deleted. I did search on RFD to see if it has been already posted, and it wasn't. So I shared it. Hope it would prove helpful to other RFD users who happen to be needing foreign currency anyway.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
1995 posts
1395 upvotes
Mordor
azhang24 wrote:
Aug 31st, 2017 11:17 pm
it was probably deleted because it is a referral only deal and the referrer get something in return.
if it was a referral deal and only the referree gets credit but not the referrer then MOD should not delete it.
Aug 6, 2012
247 posts
393 upvotes
AURORA
ShadowMordor wrote:
Aug 31st, 2017 11:31 pm
it was probably deleted because it is a referral only deal and the referrer get something in return.
if it was a referral deal and only the referree gets credit but not the referrer then MOD should not delete it.
Mars2012 deleted it because it was a "duplicate" of my other post on the Global Money Transfer... I explained in several messages that it was not but she has gone MIA.

Soliciting referrals is not allowed...
Posting deals involving referrals (i.e. Tangerine deals) is.
[OP]
Aug 26, 2005
286 posts
77 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
ShadowMordor wrote:
Aug 31st, 2017 11:31 pm
Hi ShadowMordor,

Thank you for stopping by. The referred person ("friend") gets credit, indeed.

Mods may have made a mistake deleting azhang24's post. I have other ways of getting the foreign currency I need, but $25 free makes this CIBC deal superior. I think CIBC is offering $25 to get the word out.
[OP]
Aug 26, 2005
286 posts
77 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
azhang24 wrote:
Aug 31st, 2017 11:34 pm
Mars2012 deleted it because it was a "duplicate" of my other post on the Global Money Transfer... I explained in several messages that it was not but she has gone MIA.
Hi azhang24. You're right. I did examine the Global Money Transfer promo from CIBC, and see that the only thing they share is the reward bonus ($25). Otherwise, they are different promotions.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2012
1812 posts
1051 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Squidy wrote:
Aug 31st, 2017 10:51 pm
In order to have a referral link, you must have completed an order in the past, if you're having trouble, send us a message.
Not true. I did this back in May and I referred family members without having done a conversion myself before.
[OP]
Aug 26, 2005
286 posts
77 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
rugerty100 wrote:
Aug 31st, 2017 11:42 pm
Not true. I did this back in May and I referred family members without having done a conversion myself before.

+1. I have a link too, even though I have not done a conversion myself.
Aug 6, 2012
247 posts
393 upvotes
AURORA
rugerty100 wrote:
Aug 31st, 2017 11:42 pm
+1. You can refer family members and then have family members refer you back.

If anyone is wondering, you can't use your referral link to refer yourself though. I know someone who tried and didn't get the $50 lol
Apr 10, 2011
831 posts
502 upvotes
Montreal
" Must currently have a CIBC bank account or line of credit. (Why not open one up today?) "

25$ Pfff! Sorry CIBC, you're going to have to do better than that to get me to open an account.