• Nov 23rd, 2017 7:54 am
[OP]
Aug 26, 2005
286 posts
77 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
Temporel wrote:
Sep 1st, 2017 12:48 am
" Must currently have a CIBC bank account or line of credit. (Why not open one up today?) "

25$ Pfff! Sorry CIBC, you're going to have to do better than that to get me to open an account.
Hi, Temporel. Like you, I probably wouldn't go for this promo if I weren't a client. But having jumped through the hoops for the $300 Smart Offer checking account promo, the $25 is just a click away.
You can send me a message using this Google Form
Dec 22, 2012
50 posts
30 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
I wouldn't recommend buying too much, bank exchange rates are awful.
I'd need the entire $50 to cover for the difference in exchange rates (vs. VBCE) when buying 1000 GBP/EUR.

Although, good deal if you keep your order(s) close to the $300 CAD minimum.
[OP]
Aug 26, 2005
286 posts
77 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
Shibiri wrote:
Sep 1st, 2017 3:12 am
Although, good deal if you keep your order(s) close to the $300 CAD minimum.
I would do the $300 CAD minimum. :)
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
1126 posts
72 upvotes
Here
Free money! Thanks for the heads up!
[OP]
Aug 26, 2005
286 posts
77 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
batcave wrote:
Sep 1st, 2017 5:50 am
Free money! Thanks for the heads up!
Glad to be of service to the batcave resident.
Jul 13, 2017
56 posts
17 upvotes
canadianhub wrote:
Sep 1st, 2017 5:18 am
I would do the $300 CAD minimum. :)
heh...$300...sounds like the "bonus" money you got from opening Smart account....that IS smart, keeping that "bonus" money working for YOU (ie., in making you more money).
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
19203 posts
121823 upvotes
GTA
ForlornHope wrote:
Sep 1st, 2017 6:56 am
heh...$300...sounds like the "bonus" money you got from opening Smart account....that IS smart, keeping that "bonus" money working for YOU (ie., in making you more money).
Looks like you removed the part of your post wondering why this thread is getting down votes just as I was replying, lol. I think it's because there was no mention of the CIBC account requirement in the thread title, and also because the bank's exchange rates are not usually that competitive, so what you net in the end will technically be less than $25 once you factor that in.
Jun 17, 2006
444 posts
185 upvotes
Calgary
toguy wrote:
Sep 1st, 2017 7:07 am
Looks like you removed the part of your post wondering why this thread is getting down votes just as I was replying, lol. I think it's because there was no mention of the CIBC account requirement in the thread title, and also because the bank's exchange rates are not usually that competitive, so what you net in the end will technically be less than $25 once you factor that in.
It's not bad depending on the circumstances. For example, I'm planning to head to the US in January, and it's important to have cash for that. Regardless of CIBC's exchange rates, on $300 I think you'll end up ahead vs. whatever other bank/brokerage.
eBay Feedback: 118 and counting.
Jan 16, 2016
649 posts
281 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
OP really needs to stop bumping his own thread after literally every comment someone else makes, often giving meaningless information and a follow up like they own the business they're advertising.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
2004 posts
1399 upvotes
Mordor
Altera wrote:
Sep 1st, 2017 10:40 pm
OP really needs to stop bumping his own thread after literally every comment someone else makes, often giving meaningless information and a follow up like they own the business they're advertising.
Hi Altera. You're right. I do realize that. I like free money also.

heh
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
10614 posts
1692 upvotes
Ottawa
ok, i'll bite. generated a referral link with wife's account and exchanged for 240 USD. It doesn't say you can't refer a family member with the same address.
Honey, I can't go to bed yet. Somebody is wrong on the Internet!
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
2283 posts
393 upvotes
Vancouver
Bonus $ aside,

My friend noticed that purchasing US dollars during trading hours (I guess similar to TSE hours), the exchange rate fluctuates with the market. Often, she finds the rate similar or even lower than Vancouver Bullion Currency Exchange (VBCE).

For branch pickup, may take up 2 business days before you get a phone call from the bank.
[OP]
Aug 26, 2005
286 posts
77 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
warpdrive wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2017 11:17 am
ok, i'll bite. generated a referral link with wife's account and exchanged for 240 USD. It doesn't say you can't refer a family member with the same address.
You're right. I carefully read the terms and conditons PDF and there's no restriction about same addresses. You should be good to go.
Jul 5, 2004
22215 posts
2101 upvotes
How are you guys getting these referral links? I want to refer myself by sending a referral link to the wifes account, but when I login to my CIBC account, there's no mention of this $25. There's only a promotion where I could win $10,000 by ordering foreign funds. Is this targeted?

NEVERMIND, I found the link.
Toronto Maple Leafs tickets for sale. PM me for details
Penalty Box
Aug 5, 2017
8 posts
Still don't see a link to the offer just the PDF. Ps isn't the $25 go Me to the referrER not the pirchasee?