[CIBC] $25 for converting $300 into a foreign currency

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2017 6:48 pm
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
10602 posts
1685 upvotes
Ottawa
I got the bonus only 3 days after the foreign exchange transaction.
Honey, I can't go to bed yet. Somebody is wrong on the Internet!
Oct 7, 2012
493 posts
316 upvotes
yvrwindsor wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 4:04 am
Was it regular mail or registered?
Registered with signature required
I am a Public Mobile subscriber
I am a Koodo subscriber
Dec 22, 2012
45 posts
23 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Scavos wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 1:43 am
my apologies meant to say how long it takes to get the bonus. it says 15 days or have people been receiving it earlier?
Just got my bonus today, took 8 days from when the order was made.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
1342 posts
554 upvotes
Newton Brook, ON
mkannuri wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2017 9:06 pm
Thanks OP, just order using my wife's referral link, but forgot to use the "Dream" promotion code though...
After receiving the $25 referral for both of us, will refer to my wife and order from her account to get another $50..
Got to accumulate USD for upcoming cruise trip
Have you done this yet? I would be surprised if it works. "Limit of one bonus paid to the referrer per friend and one bonus paid to the friend". If they designated the bonuses separately like "Referral Bonus" and "Friend Bonus" it could qualify, but technically there is only one "bonus" which you each already received so the limit would apply.
You need someone with an umbrella not a fork
Jan 23, 2009
508 posts
170 upvotes
ontario
nmclean wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 11:30 am
Have you done this yet? I would be surprised if it works. "Limit of one bonus paid to the referrer per friend and one bonus paid to the friend". If they designated the bonuses separately like "Referral Bonus" and "Friend Bonus" it could qualify, but technically there is only one "bonus" which you each already received so the limit would apply.
was also wondering if that would work "Limit of one bonus paid to the referrer per friend and one bonus paid to the friend".

is that mean one as referrer and one as friend ?
Jan 23, 2009
508 posts
170 upvotes
ontario
mkannuri wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2017 9:06 pm
Thanks OP, just order using my wife's referral link, but forgot to use the "Dream" promotion code though...
After receiving the $25 referral for both of us, will refer to my wife and order from her account to get another $50..
Got to accumulate USD for upcoming cruise trip
did it work ?
Jul 11, 2015
209 posts
97 upvotes
Victoria, BC
or u could always open an investing account and do Norberts gambit :P might be a ton of alot more work. but at least u can do it as many times as you want for next to nothing. not to mention no upper limit.
http://www.finiki.org/wiki/Norbert%27s_gambit
You're the average of the five people, you most associate with.
Dec 22, 2012
45 posts
23 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
nmclean wrote:
Yes, it works. Did this with my family.

A ordered cash, referred by B. (Both got $25)
B ordered cash, referred by A. (Both got $25)
C ordered cash, referred by A. (Both got $25)
Jul 22, 2010
399 posts
56 upvotes
nmclean wrote:
what's the dream promotion?

[removed]
Last edited by Mars2012 on Sep 15th, 2017 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: not allowed
Aug 26, 2003
171 posts
56 upvotes
What happen when you don't know anyone who has a CIBC account? Can you self referral ?
[OP]
Aug 26, 2005
286 posts
77 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
alli wrote:
Sep 16th, 2017 12:22 am
What happen when you don't know anyone who has a CIBC account? Can you self referral ?
No, self-referral are not accepted. It has to be some other CIBC customer.
You can send me a message using this Google Form
Oct 25, 2007
553 posts
60 upvotes
Mississauga
alli wrote:
Sep 16th, 2017 12:22 am
self referral not allowed, but join accounts holders can.. I am lucky that myself and wife are join holders and referred each other.