Hot Deals

[CIBC] $25 for converting $300 into a foreign currency

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2017 6:48 pm
Aug 26, 2003
171 posts
56 upvotes
Does anyone know if the $300 is for one currency only? For example, can you order convert Cdn $150 Cdn to US and another Cdn $150 to Euro and still get the bonus?
[OP]
Aug 26, 2005
286 posts
77 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
alli wrote:
Sep 18th, 2017 2:04 pm
Does anyone know if the $300 is for one currency only? For example, can you order convert Cdn $150 Cdn to US and another Cdn $150 to Euro and still get the bonus?
Hi, alli. If you buy USD and Euro in the same session ("same shopping cart", shall we say), it should count. I've just spoken with a lady on the CIBC FX line and she'll email me once she gets a clear answer.
You can send me a message using this Google Form
[OP]
Aug 26, 2005
286 posts
77 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
alli wrote:
Sep 18th, 2017 2:04 pm
Alli,
Short answer: Yes, you still get the bonus if the $300CAD is split into two or more currencies.

My source is an email CIBC has just sent me two minutes ago:
Pursuant to our conversation, our team confirmed you are still eligible for the referral credit as long as the total order equals $300 across all the currencies ordered.
You may divide the order among different currencies to sum $300.
Last edited by canadianhub on Sep 18th, 2017 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 14, 2015
14 posts
1 upvote
York, ON
mkannuri wrote:
Sep 18th, 2017 12:26 pm
self referral not allowed, but join accounts holders can.. I am lucky that myself and wife are join holders and referred each other.
Your wife and you have joint checking account for example and you referred her she placed the order and you both got $25 each in same checking account and then she referred you on same checking account and now you did conversion order of $300 and again got $25 each so total $100 in referrals. Is this correct.

Also the referral URL that it creates the other person is suppose to open CIBC webpage using it then log into there account or first log into account and then click the link since in pdf it says "The Friend logs into CIBC Online Banking, clicks the referral link and sends their first FX Order ".
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
1970 posts
435 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Damn just closed my account. Not worth it to open again for $25. Thanks op!
[OP]
Aug 26, 2005
286 posts
77 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
djdestroyer wrote:
Sep 18th, 2017 3:21 pm
Damn just closed my account. Not worth it to open again for $25. Thanks op!
Yeah, I would have closed my account too, now that I got the $300 from their recent promotion. Happily, I happened about this promo when I logged into my account. So I'm keeping my account open for the time being. :)
Oct 25, 2007
553 posts
60 upvotes
Mississauga
jsp563 wrote:
Sep 18th, 2017 2:44 pm
Your wife and you have joint checking account for example and you referred her she placed the order and you both got $25 each in same checking account and then she referred you on same checking account and now you did conversion order of $300 and again got $25 each so total $100 in referrals. Is this correct.

Also the referral URL that it creates the other person is suppose to open CIBC webpage using it then log into there account or first log into account and then click the link since in pdf it says "The Friend logs into CIBC Online Banking, clicks the referral link and sends their first FX Order ".
Yes, got $100 in the same checking account (4*$25)
hmm..i generated link for my wfie using my login and shared via email and then i clicked the referal link and logged using my wife login and ordered.
Same have done from wife account..
Took 3 days to get the bonus deposited though.
Sep 14, 2015
14 posts
1 upvote
York, ON
mkannuri wrote:
Sep 18th, 2017 5:48 pm
Yes, got $100 in the same checking account (4*$25)
hmm..i generated link for my wfie using my login and shared via email and then i clicked the referal link and logged using my wife login and ordered.
Same have done from wife account..
Took 3 days to get the bonus deposited though.
Placed order one way lets see if we get $50 in referrals then will try other way.
May 29, 2007
187 posts
2 upvotes
So I need to get a refferal link in order to qualify for this deal?
Nov 5, 2015
39 posts
3 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
rxanderq wrote:
Sep 18th, 2017 7:35 pm

Yes
Jul 5, 2004
22210 posts
2099 upvotes
rxanderq wrote:
If you have a CIBC account you can generate your own referral link. Otherwise, yes, you need someone to send you a referral link from their CIBC account
Toronto Maple Leafs tickets for sale. PM me for details
Oct 7, 2012
493 posts
315 upvotes
rxanderq wrote:
Yes
I am a Public Mobile subscriber
I am a Koodo subscriber
May 29, 2007
187 posts
2 upvotes
Shaner wrote:
Sep 18th, 2017 8:59 pm
If you have a CIBC account you can generate your own referral link. Otherwise, yes, you need someone to send you a referral link from their CIBC account
I do have a CIBC Smart account, are you suggesting I use my own refferal link and self refer?

Thanks
Jul 21, 2006
918 posts
151 upvotes
can I do a international bill payment with this?
Oct 25, 2007
553 posts
60 upvotes
Mississauga
rxanderq wrote:
Sep 19th, 2017 3:50 am
I do have a CIBC Smart account, are you suggesting I use my own refferal link and self refer?
Thanks
If you generate yourself, you wont be able to get the $25.
If you use some one elses' link, you get the referral bonus to both of you.
If your spouse has CIBC account as well, then you guys refer each other and keep the referral bonus between you.
Hope it clears your confusion.