Hot Deals

[CIBC] $25 for converting $300 into a foreign currency

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2018 6:06 am
May 5, 2012
302 posts
91 upvotes
CALGARY
So my dad has a CIBC account and when I use his referral link, it takes me to a regular link ending with:

"ways-to-bank/how-to/order-foreign-cash-online.html"

Is that normal? Will it still credit me if I order using his link?
I also don't have a CIBC account. Can I still order and will my dad get the $25?
When I click the "e-commerce" site (for non CIBC clients), it asks me to log in...

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2009
3428 posts
726 upvotes
on the links
My experience was great...thanks OP.

I referred my spouse on Dec 21, and then my spouse referred me ( actually I did both...she isn't even aware of our finances!). Received the 2 currency deliveries on Dec 23 (a Saturday even). Today, we got $25 x 4 credit memos.
Jan 1, 2015
30 posts
19 upvotes
Winkler, MB
I have a CIBC Chequing account (CAD) as well as a CIBC USD account (both are Canadian accounts), which allows be to transfer from CAD to USD and vice versa. Does this make me ineligible, as I've already converted currency? I haven't converted currency online, only in-person with a teller.
Sep 14, 2009
119 posts
20 upvotes
Vancouver
Sauerkraut wrote:
Dec 28th, 2017 8:57 pm
My experience was great...thanks OP.

I referred my spouse on Dec 21, and then my spouse referred me ( actually I did both...she isn't even aware of our finances!). Received the 2 currency deliveries on Dec 23 (a Saturday even). Today, we got $25 x 4 credit memos.
I have the same plan I want to execute, but no spouse unfortunately.
Dec 16, 2016
177 posts
30 upvotes
Canada
badhacker wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2018 2:20 pm
I have a CIBC Chequing account (CAD) as well as a CIBC USD account (both are Canadian accounts), which allows be to transfer from CAD to USD and vice versa. Does this make me ineligible, as I've already converted currency? I haven't converted currency online, only in-person with a teller.
ineligible
Sep 7, 2009
393 posts
127 upvotes
Can you specify the denominations? I would only like $100 US bills.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2008
2780 posts
203 upvotes
Toronto
is there a link that shows cibc conversion rates without logging into cibc account?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
2489 posts
567 upvotes
My wife has a CIBC credit card but no chequing account. Will this deal work for her? If so, after I refer her, what method can she use to add the fund?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
2489 posts
567 upvotes
I'm not clear on how does the referral method work. The T&C says:

a) The Referrer uses the FX Order referral link in CIBC Online Banking to email the Friend the Offer (no Bonus will be paid if the Friend is referred in any other manner); and

b) The Friend logs into CIBC Online Banking, clicks the referral link and sends their first FX Order in an amount not less than $300 CDN (or the equivalent amount in a foreign currency) from a CIBC personal bank or line of credit account (“Account) held in their name within 30 days of receiving the email referral.

I maybe dumb. I can generate the referral link, but there is no email function to email the offer in my CIBC account. I can use my personal email to email the offer. After that, should it be "friend clicks the referral link first, and then logs into online banking to send order"? Why the T&C lists it in the opposite order? Am i miss something here?

Thanks in advance!