Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
CIBC

$300 Offer (Money Locked For 1 Year)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 7th, 2015 5:39 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
7578 posts
576 upvotes
York

[CIBC] $300 Offer (Money Locked For 1 Year)

CIBC is back this summer with another cash bonus, this time $300.

You need to open 1 of 2 accounts via a) a CIBC branch during the Offer Period OR (b) via Telephone Banking OR online through www.cibc.com/300cashoffer: CIBC Unlimited® Chequing Account ($13.95/month) OR CIBC PremierService® Chequing Account ($28.95/month) and perform the following actions within 3 months of opening the account:

Pay a bill OR send an Interac e-transfer using online banking/mobile banking OR deposit a cheque using the eDeposit option on Mobile Banking before July 13 for $100

Set up and ensure; (i) at least one (1) eligible recurring direct deposit is made into the Eligible Chequing Account or (ii) at least two (2) different eligible recurring pre-authorized debits are withdrawn from the Eligible Chequing Account for $200

If the steps are completed properly, the the money will be deposited within 12 weeks of completing the step.

YOU NEED TO KEEP THE CHEQUING ACCOUNT OPEN FOR 1 YEAR OR CIBC WILL CHARGE THE MONEY BACK

Eligibility: This Offer is only offered to residents of Canada who: (i) have reached the age of majority; and; (ii) at the beginning of the Offer Period, were not a holder (or joint holder) of a CIBC chequing account, as determined by CIBC at its sole discretion on the basis of its official records. CIBC employees and retired employees are not eligible for the Offer.

So for those of us who received $400 last summer, it looks like we're eligible for this $300 but need to keep the account open for 1 year. Assuming we choose the cheaper of the 2 accounts ($13.95/month), that's $167.40 locked in for a year to get $300 aka make $132.60 in profit.

Offer: https://www.cibc.com/ca/features/300-ca ... ashOffer-E
Terms and Conditions: https://www.cibc.com/ca/pdf/features/ci ... -terms.pdf
53 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7618 posts
5705 upvotes
Ottawa
oh crap, I just open 2 new cibc accounts with my wife. But we are both annual free accounts, do these count?
Dec 4, 2005
203 posts
72 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
It looks like there's no way out of the monthly fees this time, huh?
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
1451 posts
302 upvotes
Markham
This offer tells me basically that CIBC lost money on their $400 promo last year, and that there were a lot of people that closed their accounts right after they got all their money (well, duh). and now, they're putting in stipulations to make sure people stay in.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
1451 posts
302 upvotes
Markham
sonyHdr12 wrote: oh crap, I just open 2 new cibc accounts with my wife. But we are both annual free accounts, do these count?
If it's like their offer from last year, then no. You need to open SPECIFICALLY their CIBC Unlimited Chequing Account or CIBC PremierService® Chequing Account.
So, you'll no better or worse off than the rest of us.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7618 posts
5705 upvotes
Ottawa
I'm with scotiabank many years, my go to bank, but only cibc give me loan to buy a house, I will transfer all my money to cibc in a week.
Financials wrote: ***** cibc.

worst bank.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
7578 posts
576 upvotes
York
sonyHdr12 wrote: oh crap, I just open 2 new cibc accounts with my wife. But we are both annual free accounts, do these count?
Please read the OP
Apr 28, 2012
964 posts
345 upvotes
QC
sonyHdr12 wrote: I'm with scotiabank many years, my go to bank, but only cibc give me loan to buy a house, I will transfer all my money to cibc in a week.
Yeah, Scotia is so anally tight with its lending criteria
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1679 upvotes
Toronto
sonyHdr12 wrote: I'm with scotiabank many years, my go to bank, but only cibc give me loan to buy a house, I will transfer all my money to cibc in a week.
i got a grant cheque from school and walked across the street to cash it. anyway, the cheque was still in the envelope when i took it to the teller, she basically took it straight from my hands out the enevelope. I asked her 3 different times to make sure the cheque was good to cash, because I usually get holds placed on cheques.. anyway, she said its all good and gave me the cash, i signed the back and was on my way..

2 days later, overdraft for $800~ , cheque bounced because it was postdated for the following day. small mistake, ill call the cheque issuer to rectify and hopefully get it back in there by next week or so. Contact cheque ppl, they want to ask for details from CIBC (cheque image?) so i ask Cx Support for that, passed to a higher level dept/mgr ... told everything will be placed on hold and i can submit my overdraft within the month and it will all be ok.

week and a half later, my account is closed and sent to collections. they never got back to me (the higher level dept/mgr) with any info that the cheque issuer required until a week after that, two days after getting that info i had a new cheque, cashed it elsewhere and paid my collections debt.

*****ing ***** smashed my credit back down when i was trying to rebuild it... i should have looked at the date on the cheque, but isnt that the banks job too before handing me a wad of cash?

cibc will lend you sure, but they dont give a ***** about customers. RBC is worse for lending, but general banking they are great. TD is best, but there is not a branch near my house.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7618 posts
5705 upvotes
Ottawa
wow,long story, I just tried cibc mobile online today, it's true .it's very bad , I tried to regist my cell phone number to get the notification, but I tried 5 times to get the pin message, failed , and tell me I asked too many times, I have to call them to set it up, but the funny thing is in an hour I got 5 message pins from cibc, WTF.
Financials wrote: i got a grant cheque from school and walked across the street to cash it. anyway, the cheque was still in the envelope when i took it to the teller, she basically took it straight from my hands out the enevelope. I asked her 3 different times to make sure the cheque was good to cash, because I usually get holds placed on cheques.. anyway, she said its all good and gave me the cash, i signed the back and was on my way..

2 days later, overdraft for $800~ , cheque bounced because it was postdated for the following day. small mistake, ill call the cheque issuer to rectify and hopefully get it back in there by next week or so. Contact cheque ppl, they want to ask for details from CIBC (cheque image?) so i ask Cx Support for that, passed to a higher level dept/mgr ... told everything will be placed on hold and i can submit my overdraft within the month and it will all be ok.

week and a half later, my account is closed and sent to collections. they never got back to me (the higher level dept/mgr) with any info that the cheque issuer required until a week after that, two days after getting that info i had a new cheque, cashed it elsewhere and paid my collections debt.

*****ing ***** smashed my credit back down when i was trying to rebuild it... i should have looked at the date on the cheque, but isnt that the banks job too before handing me a wad of cash?

cibc will lend you sure, but they dont give a ***** about customers. RBC is worse for lending, but general banking they are great. TD is best, but there is not a branch near my house.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7725 posts
5238 upvotes
Canada
Whats the min balance to waive monthly fees for the $14/mo account?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1679 upvotes
Toronto
sonyHdr12 wrote: wow,long story, I just tried cibc mobile online today, it's true .it's very bad , I tried to regist my cell phone number to get the notification, but I tried 5 times to get the pin message, failed , and tell me I asked too many times, I have to call them to set it up, but the funny thing is in an hour I got 5 message pins from cibc, WTF.
LOL ill tell my buddy he works on the CIBC app hahaha

that being said, the CIBC app and the PC Financial app will have a new relaunch around september i believe. the PC app is going to be a HUGE upgrade with all the latest features like cheque images ect.
Jul 19, 2014
7 posts
2 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
iHateShaw wrote: Whats the min balance to waive monthly fees for the $14/mo account?
you can't waive the fee on this one... not like TD. Though for last year's promo with $400 CIBC never charged me monthly fees, it was always refunded. Lucky i suppose
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6705 posts
2104 upvotes
Mississauga
Financials wrote: LOL ill tell my buddy he works on the CIBC app hahaha

that being said, the CIBC app and the PC Financial app will have a new relaunch around september i believe. the PC app is going to be a HUGE upgrade with all the latest features like cheque images ect.
I think PC app already has the cheque images and other features ,that's was on the first page yesterday when I signed in.
I think all the banks are POS ,and your horrifying story could happen again if you go with any other bank.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1679 upvotes
Toronto
immortal_kssss wrote: I think PC app already has the cheque images and other features ,that's was on the first page yesterday when I signed in.
I think all the banks are POS ,and your horrifying story could happen again if you go with any other bank.
weird, i swore it didnt last i used it (havent used the app itself in a few months cause its so ugly).

good to know! but he did tell me some big overhaul is coming sept for both, pc wont look the same and cibc is getting alot to enhance security and performance but should look similar
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6705 posts
2104 upvotes
Mississauga
Sorry I meant the first page of website yesterday because I hate to use mobile apps s I have no idea when they updated the app.but may be there are additional features gonna start in Sept.
Financials wrote: weird, i swore it didnt last i used it (havent used the app itself in a few months cause its so ugly).

good to know! but he did tell me some big overhaul is coming sept for both, pc wont look the same and cibc is getting alot to enhance security and performance but should look similar

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)