Expired Hot Deals

[CIBC] $300 Offer (Money Locked For 1 Year)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 7th, 2015 5:39 pm
Deal Guru
May 13, 2004
11284 posts
436 upvotes
Toronto
It's absolutely confirmed by CIBC that they had no reason to do the credit check, and their letter of apology confirms this in writing. 6 months after being their customer? Done and done.

shaolinmonk wrote:
May 28th, 2015 6:41 am
Are you sure it was for no reason the credit check? I'm assuming the sale to TD meant CIBC had to complete some due diligence for handing over accounts...

Wouldn't it be a waste of money/resourcing etc to actually do the checks.... Just doesn't seem to make much sense
Feb 26, 2015
118 posts
81 upvotes
This works out to very close to the small profit (~$150) that Zag bank is offering (if you leave the $100 in the whole year).
Zag's requirements seem much easier to achieve.
Any reason why someone would favour one over the other?
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2003
1480 posts
1417 upvotes
SASKABUSH
Phreman wrote:
May 28th, 2015 6:12 pm
This works out to very close to the small profit (~$150) that Zag bank is offering (if you leave the $100 in the whole year).
I think I'm going to do both, as I'd like to see how these work etc (I've never even looked into anything like this before)
Jul 7, 2005
15 posts
7 upvotes
"...Eligible Client’s Chequing Account must remain open, active and unconverted for at least one (1) calendar year..."
What do they mean by UNCONVERTED? Like into US dollars? And what constitutes ACTIVE? At least one transaction per month, other than charging banking fee? Or every 90 days, like RBC credit cards? So vague...
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
7115 posts
380 upvotes
York
olo wrote:
Jun 5th, 2015 12:44 am
"...Eligible Client’s Chequing Account must remain open, active and unconverted for at least one (1) calendar year..."
What do they mean by UNCONVERTED? Like into US dollars? And what constitutes ACTIVE? At least one transaction per month, other than charging banking fee? Or every 90 days, like RBC credit cards? So vague...
I think it means you can't change the account into a different type, and it must remain open (and therefore active?) Don't see any requirements to actually use it other than pay the monthly fee. Better to give them a call and find out.
Feb 28, 2011
912 posts
165 upvotes
Surrey
olo wrote:
Jun 5th, 2015 12:44 am
Unconverted means you can't change it into student, senior, minimum transaction type of accounts, they charge low fees. Active means paying fees every month.
Feb 28, 2011
912 posts
165 upvotes
Surrey
Phreman wrote:
May 28th, 2015 6:12 pm
Isn't RBC better? If iPad mini sells for more than $300?
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
1442 posts
288 upvotes
North York
massakk wrote:
Jun 5th, 2015 3:32 am
Isn't RBC better? If iPad mini sells for more than $300?
It all comes to how long you have to keep the account open for and how much it will cost you per month.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2003
1480 posts
1417 upvotes
SASKABUSH
was very easy to do, I booked an apt for my payday as thats when I hit the city to shop anyways .... I really really like the idea of echeque as I don't go down to where my bank is very often (and now can deposit stuff like checkout51)