• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2017 12:04 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1046 posts
125 upvotes
scoper wrote:
Oct 26th, 2017 5:11 pm

I was told by someone who went to Front he went to his appointment and they wouldn't give him the GC, some BS about the branch manager needing to be there and he wasn't, he was pissed.
iconicrocket1 wrote:
Oct 26th, 2017 9:52 pm
I was at Front branch today, got the $50 gift card. Yeah, branch manager had to be there and take your statement for audit reasons.
CSR wrote:
Oct 27th, 2017 12:19 am
I spoke with James Choi today, he was a nice guy and fairly knowledgeable. No problem getting my $50 VISA prepaid giftcard (expires 03/18). I was going to make sure upfront that the offer was legit, but he pulled out the envelope right away with the GC. I told him that all my accounts are with TD, and I manage my own portfolio. So no pressure or hard selling. It was relaxed, some soft selling, basically telling me about their products and services. We chatted for a good 45 mins, because I was wanted to, but it could have been done much quicker. We barely looked at my statement, and they definitely did not copy it (or ask to).

From the terms: "CIBC will not retain the original or any copies of individual’s investment statement(s)"
scoper & iconicrocket1: Do you know who at that branch said that they needed a copy of the statement?
I am going to the Front st location and meeting with Ashley.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2149 posts
591 upvotes
Global Village
Warped wrote:
Oct 27th, 2017 3:36 pm
scoper & iconicrocket1: Do you know who at that branch said that they needed a copy of the statement?
I personally didn't bother with this (I only bite on the CIBC new account $300 promos) but based on the offer terms you have to bring with you a paper statement showing $20K+ of non-cibc investments.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
8386 posts
334 upvotes
Toronto
Does it have to book via the open location? Will it qualify the promotion if we search for "CIBC Port Credit Banking Centre" and book with that location? Thanks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need below items in GTA:
- CT, HD, FS, BB, gas GCs

FS: Freedom Mobile credit
Nov 2, 2012
161 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
I spoke to the branch manager, Frederick Chan. Maybe I should ask him to destroy the statement.
Penalty Box
Dec 16, 2013
1457 posts
516 upvotes
Mississauga
iconicrocket1 wrote:
Oct 28th, 2017 9:23 am
I spoke to the branch manager, Frederick Chan. Maybe I should ask him to destroy the statement.
What's an investment statement? Can it just be a bank balance?
Jun 3, 2007
414 posts
65 upvotes
Scarborough
Warped wrote:
Oct 27th, 2017 3:36 pm
I met with Ashley and left her a copy of statement because of audit purposes.no problems with GC.
Overall good conversation,though I should have ended earlier when she hinted do you have to leave when my phone ringed.
Jul 13, 2017
57 posts
17 upvotes
scoper wrote:
Oct 26th, 2017 5:11 pm
I was told by someone who went to Front he went to his appointment and they wouldn't give him the GC, some BS about the branch manager needing to be there and he wasn't, he was pissed.
Might be a good idea to "black out" certain statement details (ie., your account number, etc.,) with a sharpie pen before giving them a copy. If they're that "well organized", I wouldn't trust them to properly dispose/take care of the copy of your statement once it's no longer needed.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2013
1281 posts
355 upvotes
Toronto
ForlornHope wrote:
Oct 28th, 2017 10:37 am
Might be a good idea to "black out" certain statement details (ie., your account number, etc.,) with a sharpie pen before giving them a copy. If they're that "well organized", I wouldn't trust them to properly dispose/take care of the copy of your statement once it's no longer needed.
Good idea however I would probably do this on the computer rather than using the sharpie. Sometimes u can still make out the number even if it's sharpied.

What do they look for in the statements exactly? I'm thinking I should black out the exact investment holdings and just showing the balance.
Jul 23, 2007
103 posts
21 upvotes
York
Will they check your driver's license information and confirm the address on the $20,000 statement?
Did they check id? Thanks in advance.

crispwolf wrote:
Oct 28th, 2017 10:29 am
I met with Ashley and left her a copy of statement because of audit purposes.no problems with GC.
Overall good conversation,though I should have ended earlier when she hinted do you have to leave when my phone ringed.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1480 posts
448 upvotes
A printout of my TD webbroker investment account would count as an investment statement acceptable to get the $50 GC? It's also ok to block out my account number, how about my home address?
Nov 2, 2012
161 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
I bought in my investment statement.
Ferinthul wrote:
Oct 28th, 2017 9:35 am
What's an investment statement? Can it just be a bank balance?
Sep 28, 2009
52 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto, ON
i went to Eglinton and avenue location. They did not ask to keep my statement and just talked with me for a bit and thats it. I got $50 card aswell.
Jul 23, 2007
103 posts
21 upvotes
York
Did they look at ID?

quote=rick89 post_id=28393484 time=1509233678 user_id=259906]
i went to Eglinton and avenue location. They did not ask to keep my statement and just talked with me for a bit and thats it. I got $50 card aswell.
[/quote]
Sep 28, 2009
52 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto, ON
yes they just needed to see my drivers license.