[CIBC] $6.95 per trade, no minimum balance or trades

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 10th, 2014 8:32 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2009
1026 posts
294 upvotes
I"m so gald :)

I was considering switching to get a lower commission but it is a real pain to have to switch brokerages.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2009
4191 posts
5288 upvotes
on the links!
Just received this e-mail, so it's official:

Message from Marybeth Jordan
Managing Director & Head of CIBC Investor Services
President

Welcome to the Fall 2014 edition of Exchange.

I have always been proud of our competitive commission rates at CIBC Investor’s Edge, which is why today I am thrilled to announce our most affordable pricing structure yet. Effective immediately, all CIBC Investor’s Edge clients will pay the flat-rate commission of just $6.95 for Canadian and U.S. electronic equity trades, regardless of the size of your account or how often you trade. This change reflects our commitment to making online investing accessible and affordable for all.

I am also excited to tell you about our latest technical analysis tool. Using the new tool you can scan more than 13,000 North American stocks and ETFs to identify promising technical events and set up automated alerts to stay on top of price movements. Each trading day, the Featured Ideas tool showcases up to 10 bullish and bearish stocks with interesting developments based on technical and fundamental analysis, with meaningful explanations and interpretations of the events. You can access it by signing on to your account and selecting any stock, or by selecting the Technical Analysis tab in our Market Centre in Quotes and Research.

The technical analysis tool is the result of collaboration between our team, the experts at Recognia®, and the feedback you provided to our new Daily Market Report newsletter. We were encouraged by the clients who signed up for the newsletter, and inspired by their suggestions on what types of technical analysis they would like to see. Thank you! Adding new tools to our site is just one example of how we’re working with you to develop a better online trading experience. Over the next few months, we’re conducting a number of polls to learn more about what Canadian investors really want, and I’m looking forward to sharing the results with you. We’ll also use the data we collect to continue to enhance your client experience.

The relationship we have with each of our clients is very important to us, and your satisfaction remains a top priority. Please continue to share your ideas and feedback.

Thank you for your continued support.

Marybeth Jordan

Marybeth Jordan
Managing Director & Head
CIBC Investor Services Inc.

and an account transfer offer:

Limited Time Offer

Up to $300 Cash and 100 Free Trades

Open an account with CIBC Investor’s Edge before February 28, 2015 to get cash back and free trades!
Transfer In Cash Back Free Trades
$25,000 $100 25
$50,000 $200 50
$100,000+ $300 100
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5865 posts
3138 upvotes
Winnipeg
^^ can you transfer in kind? ie stocks?
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2010
1398 posts
208 upvotes
ELiTE KiLLaH wrote: Have you gone past the initial 6 months yet?

I read it as having to do 2 trades every 6 months and I think sparx trading confirms that as well for the procrastinate or prosper promo that you're referring to...
I just confirmed with a BMO rep, the Young Investor Promotion requires 2 trades EVERY 6 months for the admin fee to be waived, not 2 trades in the FIRST 6 months.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3487 upvotes
Victoria
Wpegger wrote: Looks like you are right.
Does anyone know if TDWH charges fee for transferring out TFSA and cash accounts?
lol the better question would be who doesn't? :)
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2003
1322 posts
90 upvotes
513263337 wrote: I just confirmed with a BMO rep, the Young Investor Promotion requires 2 trades EVERY 6 months for the admin fee to be waived, not 2 trades in the FIRST 6 months.
Yeah that's how I understood it to be also. Looks like Messerschmitt is a little confused. He needs to do 4 trades a year until 36 not just the initial 2
Rogers
$35 Unlimited Local Calling
$30 6GB Data
$10 Retention VP (2500sms/CID/VM)
$75 + GRRF 2.13 + 5% GST = $80.99 :|
Nov 13, 2007
881 posts
135 upvotes
Toronto
Bringing this thread back to life.

Limited Time Offer.
Up to $300 Cash and 100 Free Trades
Open an account with CIBC Investor’s Edge before February 28, 2015 to get cash back and free trades!

Transfer in $25K (But less than $50K), get $100 cash back + 25 free trades.
Transfer in $50K (But less than $100K), get $200 cash back + 50 free trades.
Transfer $100K, get $300 cash back + 100 free trades.

Note: free trade expire after 60 days.

More info => https://www.investorsedge.cibc.com/ie/f ... rades.html

---
I'm having issue with Questrade. So I'm really considering this offer seriously. Did anybody get the cash back yet?
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2010
1374 posts
345 upvotes
Brampton
I tried asking RBC DI if they could offer something similar to this but they declined as their reason being that they make up for it by excellent service and resources :( . They only offer $6.95 if making 150 trades or more per quarter. I'm likely never to even reach that many in my lifetime
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3878 upvotes
513263337 wrote: I just confirmed with a BMO rep, the Young Investor Promotion requires 2 trades EVERY 6 months for the admin fee to be waived, not 2 trades in the FIRST 6 months.
I've been told by 2 reps that it's 2 trades for 6 months (one time only).

Sent them a message to have it in writing, but they never replied to my ticket.

I'm thinking of switching out anyway. For some reason they don't have stop loss @market price. You need to set a limit price, which if it's too close to the stop price, it can be skipped (market dropped to sudden) and if its too far from stop price, you are losing a lot more from the difference, rather than having @market to get the best price.

Might look into CIBC if the 6.95 is for all trades with no minimum # of trades, if they have the stop loss @market (like TD and TBC do) and if they interface is at least decent.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2003
1322 posts
90 upvotes
U might want to look at questrade too?
I think I remember reading that their stock trades cost 4.95 minimum or something
Rogers
$30 6GB Data
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3878 upvotes
I haven't really seen an upfront list of fees. What is 4.95 minimum and what is 9.95 maximum? When is which? And I've heard people reporting paying more than 10$ per trade in certain circumstances...
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2003
1322 posts
90 upvotes
Messerschmitt wrote: I haven't really seen an upfront list of fees. What is 4.95 minimum and what is 9.95 maximum? When is which? And I've heard people reporting paying more than 10$ per trade in certain circumstances...
http://www.questrade.com/pricing/overview
Rogers
$30 6GB Data
Aug 29, 2007
489 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
You right,questrade charege Ecn fee and you end up much more than advertised price,I don't know is Ecn fee in cibc included like td or not?if it is in that case cibc will be cheaper than questrade.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2010
1398 posts
208 upvotes
Does anyone know if CIBC Investor's Edge will do a hard credit check on you if you open a TFSA account?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)