• Last Updated:
  • Aug 26th, 2013 12:20 pm
[OP]
Oct 26, 2006
285 posts
102 upvotes
Mississauga

[CIBC] CIBC Aerogold Visa: 15k welcome bonus points and 1st year fee waived

sorry if this is a repost. i originally called in for the adventura card and found out they were offering this one for free for the 1st year. perks are pretty much the same and also they're offering a 15k welcome bonus for the card. enjoy :razz:
509 replies
Jul 22, 2005
47 posts
the annual fee only applies if you keep the card after the 1st year

you can still cash out the points and use the card for a year and cancel it without paying any fee

correct me if I'm wrong?
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2007
3772 posts
1067 upvotes
flaming homer wrote:
Apr 9th, 2012 11:27 pm
I must be blind, I can't see anywhere that says this is fee-free for the first year

I don't see it too ?
[OP]
Oct 26, 2006
285 posts
102 upvotes
Mississauga
for some reason...the deal is not posted on the site. but they are offering it. you can cancel anytime within the one year and not get charged and still get the 15k bonus. i confirmed all this with the csr before applying for it today.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2001
2822 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
if it's anything like past promotions, existing aerogold cardholders can cancel and reapply to receive the same 15k bonus and no-fee. You'll go roughly a week without a card though.
Hi5exposure Photography
http://www.hi5exposure.com
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2007
1909 posts
125 upvotes
Parksville
Hows does this stack up to the Airmiles program (or the BMO gold card)
Oct 29, 2008
161 posts
8 upvotes
i have the bmo gold. Got it when they gave the 1k airmiles. Ended up wasting it all on shell gift cards but in general its not exciting at all.

15$ of purchases for 1 air mile
Mar 19, 2007
286 posts
13 upvotes
"You must apply through the application channel in which you received this promotional offer."

Do I need an email invite to qualify or as long as I apply via the link provided, I'm good with the fee waiver?

Edit. NVM. needs offer id and reservation number. Call CSR and see if I'll get lucky.
Jul 19, 2006
278 posts
30 upvotes
The Aerogold is one of the worst 'rewards' cards (and don't even get me started with how bad BMO Airmiles cards are). If you're going to apply for this card, just go for the TD First Class Infinite (fees waived if you keep $5,000 in your chequing account), or else get the Capital One Aspire Travel MasterCard. Otherwise get the Avion and transfer to BA (not as good as before, but good for those of us close to the US border, so we can travel AA cheap)...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2004
5063 posts
545 upvotes
in a plane
F1ash wrote:
Apr 10th, 2012 3:57 am
The Aerogold is one of the worst 'rewards' cards (and don't even get me started with how bad BMO Airmiles cards are). If you're going to apply for this card, just go for the TD First Class Infinite (fees waived if you keep $5,000 in your chequing account), or else get the Capital One Aspire Travel MasterCard. Otherwise get the Avion and transfer to BA (not as good as before, but good for those of us close to the US border, so we can travel AA cheap)...

Not to get into the whole Aeroplan vs others discussion, but don't blanket trash Aeroplan rewards. It has its benefits, and for first-class redemptions around the world (or even business) it's FAR better than BA. Based on my research, it's not possible to build an "interesting" itin with BA if you want to stop by a few countries (although if you JUST want to fly, say, CX in First, then it's a good value). Aeroplan has its place, despite having been devalued - I just came back from a RTW in F, and let's just say it's worth it. :)
Doko ni itemo... hito wa tsunagatte iru.
  • Get an Amex - get lots of points - get good karma! :)
  • wandering amphibia – a travel blog for the non-frequent traveler
Jan 22, 2009
46 posts
16 upvotes
daddymac wrote:
Apr 10th, 2012 1:51 am
"You must apply through the application channel in which you received this promotional offer."

Do I need an email invite to qualify or as long as I apply via the link provided, I'm good with the fee waiver?

Edit. NVM. needs offer id and reservation number. Call CSR and see if I'll get lucky.

Anyone has the offer id or reservation number? Any luck calling the CSR?
× < >