[CIBC] [BC Only] Get $150 when you open a CIBC Smart Account online

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2017 5:19 pm
[OP]
May 1, 2017
13 posts
9 upvotes

[CIBC] [BC Only] Get $150 when you open a CIBC Smart Account online

You get $150 when you open the CIBC Smart Account (chequing) online or with the app.

Conditions:
- For new CIBC chequing account holders
- BC residents only
- Account must remain open, active and unconverted for at least one (1) calendar year
- Need to complete a direct deposit or 2 pre-authorized payments within 3 months

Account has 4.95 monthly fee if you do upto 12 transactions. Once you've made 20 transactions, your fee is capped at 14.95$. Also has unlimited Interac e-Transfer transactions.
To waive monthly fee maintain daily balance of $3,000 , and make a recurring direct deposit or 2 pre-authorized payments each month.

Valid until January 31, 2018.
See full terms and conditions.
Last edited by simrans on Dec 1st, 2017 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
9 replies
Dec 28, 2007
653 posts
165 upvotes
Note that the account needs to be kept open for a year, otherwise they may come after you for the $150.

From the terms and conditions:
The Cash Reward is subject to the condition (the “Cash
Reward Condition”) that the Eligible Client’s Chequing Account must remain open, active and unconverted for
at least one (1) calendar year from the month-end of the month during which the Account was opened. Failing
this, such Eligible Client (a “Disqualified Reward Client”) will not qualify for the Cash Reward. If the Cash
Reward has already been provided to a Disqualified Reward Client, CIBC reserves the right, in its sole and
absolute discretion, to charge the client’s Chequing Account or other CIBC account for, or send an invoice to
the Disqualified Reward Client for, $150 CAD.
[OP]
May 1, 2017
13 posts
9 upvotes
Thanks for pointing that out. I updated the post
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2005
1184 posts
118 upvotes
How new of a customer? I had an account with them 10 years ago
Feb 20, 2004
644 posts
195 upvotes
Anyone know if it's a soft check vs hard credit check?
[OP]
May 1, 2017
13 posts
9 upvotes
story wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 2:38 pm
How new of a customer? I had an account with them 10 years ago
I guess you are eligible as per ELIGIBILITY:

This Offer is only open to residents of Canada who: (i) have reached the age of majority; (ii) at the beginning
of the Offer Period, were not a holder (or joint holder) of a CIBC chequing account
; and; (iii) have not
previously received or benefited from a CIBC chequing account cash or other promotional offer from 2015 to
present time, as determined by CIBC at its sole discretion on the basis of its official records. CIBC employees
and retired employees are not eligible for the Offer.
Oct 25, 2014
107 posts
36 upvotes
Boswell, BC
Excludes those of us that "previously received or benefited from a CIBC chequing account cash or other promotional offer from 2015 to present time".
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2005
1184 posts
118 upvotes
simrans wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 2:44 pm
I guess you are eligible as per ELIGIBILITY:

This Offer is only open to residents of Canada who: (i) have reached the age of majority; (ii) at the beginning
of the Offer Period, were not a holder (or joint holder) of a CIBC chequing account
; and; (iii) have not
previously received or benefited from a CIBC chequing account cash or other promotional offer from 2015 to
present time, as determined by CIBC at its sole discretion on the basis of its official records. CIBC employees
and retired employees are not eligible for the Offer.
Perfect. I am keeping $5000 in a TD account I don't use to avoid fees.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
2169 posts
702 upvotes
YUL/YVR
story wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 4:45 pm
Perfect. I am keeping $5000 in a TD account I don't use to avoid fees.
What a wasted opportunity.