Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
CIBC

CIBC Aerogold Visa Infinite Card (FYF + 20K AP after 1st purchase)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2021 10:20 am
Jul 23, 2007
251 posts
307 upvotes
Montreal

[CIBC] CIBC Aerogold Visa Infinite Card (FYF + 20K AP after 1st purchase)

A welcome bonus of 20,000 Aeroplan Miles when you make your first purchase at any time with your card

The 20,000 Aeroplan Miles will appear on your statement as follows:

i. Welcome bonus of 15,000 Aeroplan Miles

ii. Additional bonus of 5,000 Aeroplan Miles

ii. An anniversary bonus of 15,000 Aeroplan Miles when you have at least $10,000 in net purchases posted to your account during the first 12 monthly statement periods. The anniversary bonus points are awarded to you within 8 weeks after all qualifying purchase(s) are posted to your account after the one year account open date, provided your credit card account is in good standing. Additional cardholders are not eligible for this offer.

iii. A one-time annual fee rebate for you (the primary cardholder) and up to three authorized users added at the time of the application. This offer does not apply to annual fees for authorized users that are added after you submit your application. This offer applies for the first year only. If your application for an eligible card is not approved, you may be considered for another card (as disclosed in your credit card application). If you are approved for that card, this annual fee rebate offer will apply in the amount of the annual fee, if any, of the alternate card. If you qualify, the rebate will be awarded to you and will appear as a credit against the applicable annual fee(s) within two statements. Your new credit card account must be open and in good standing at time the rebate is awarded.

Offer applies to newly approved card accounts only; transfers from an existing CIBC credit card to CIBC Aerogold® Visa* Infinite Card are excluded. Card account must be open and in good standing at the time the bonus Aeroplan Miles are awarded. Aeroplan Miles are awarded to you within 8 weeks after all qualifying purchase(s) are posted to your account. The following do not qualify as purchases: cash advances, balance transfers, CIBC Convenience Cheques, fees, interest, payments and Aeroplan Miles redemptions. It may take up to several business days for purchases to be posted to your account. This offer is not transferable to any other card account. This offer may be withdrawn or changed without prior notice at any time. This offer may be revoked if you appear to be manipulating or abusing it, or are engaged in any suspicious or fraudulent activity, as determined by CIBC in its sole discretion.
Thread Summary
Important questions that came up:

1 - If I previously owned this credit card, can I apply again as a new application and still get the welcome bonus?
Yes, if you last closed the account at least 3-6 months ago. (see post # 5)

2 - Is this promotion eligible product switching?
No, it has to be a new application. (see T&Cs)

3 - During the application I was not asked what my aeroplan number is.
You can call right away or add it before activating once your receive the card.
298 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2019
1047 posts
1316 upvotes
Toronto
What's the $ value for 20K points?
Deal Addict
May 2, 2017
1766 posts
3653 upvotes
The cibc cc t&c mentioned before that previous owners of any cibc cc will not get the bonus points, but this doesnt. Can anyone confirm?
Oct 13, 2017
246 posts
444 upvotes
Halifax
trigger0 wrote: What's the $ value for 20K points?
It depends on what time of the year you are flying: it can be as low as $150 or as high as $400. Also best value is to use it for flights
Oct 31, 2005
702 posts
268 upvotes
Seanne wrote: The cibc cc t&c mentioned before that previous owners of any cibc cc will not get the bonus points, but this doesnt. Can anyone confirm?
I had this card in June 2019. Cancelled.

Applied again in Dec 2019 (FYF airport offer), got the bonus again

EDIT: I also have the CIBC Aventura (airport offer). I applied for BOTH this and the Aeroplan when I was at the airport. Got BOTH offers if people are interested.
Last edited by ryyeung on Jan 15th, 2020 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 31, 2005
702 posts
268 upvotes
trigger0 wrote: What's the $ value for 20K points?
1.4 cents per point is generally the accepted value. You can easily get this on Economy domestic flights with tons of available. This is accounting for whatever fees surcharges AC tacks on.

If you want business flights, it will be like 2-3 cents or more per point. But you have to decide value vs. worth. i.e. do you just want the max cpp with business class? but that's useless if you are fine with economy.
Oct 2, 2012
465 posts
344 upvotes
Ottawa
If you use points then don't fly with AC. Other star alliance airlines have much better point redemption value on the bottom line. i.e less fees
Deal Addict
May 2, 2017
1766 posts
3653 upvotes
ryyeung wrote: I had this card in June 2019. Cancelled.

EDIT: I also have the CIBC Aventura (airport offer). I applied for BOTH this and the Aeroplan when I was at the airport. Got BOTH offers if people are interested.
Easy acceptance rate? Do you have accounts with them?
I do have rbc accounts and cc applications seem to get accepted 99% of the time.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1381 posts
130 upvotes
Markham
ryyeung wrote: I had this card in June 2019. Cancelled.

+1. The airport promotion is pretty aggressive.
torontodragon
All opinions expressed by me are mine and may not agree with my employer or any person, company, or thing, living or dead, on or near this or any other planet, moon, asteroid, or other spatial object, natural or manufactured
Oct 31, 2005
702 posts
268 upvotes
Seanne wrote: Easy acceptance rate? Do you have accounts with them?
I do have rbc accounts and cc applications seem to get accepted 99% of the time.
very easy, they do it on an Ipad, maybe 10 mins total.
Oct 1, 2003
848 posts
655 upvotes
Vancouver
Just applied for this online and was approved.

No where during the application I was asked for my Aeroplan #. Did I miss it?

Has anybody just did this, and same thing happen?

I am currently waiting for customer rep on chat.

Update:
Customer Chat Rep wasn't helpful. She thought a new Aeroplan number was associated with each new card.
Going to call later today or tomorrow.
Last edited by doobievibes on Jan 15th, 2020 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
2601 posts
1848 upvotes
North Vancouver
Barn01 wrote: If you use points then don't fly with AC. Other star alliance airlines have much better point redemption value on the bottom line. i.e less fees
Totally agree. This is why I collect Alaska Airlines points using their branded Mastercard (MBNA) that Canadians can apply for. Travel fees on reward travel are way lower than with stupid AC.
Basil: Well, may I ask what you were expecting to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House, perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically -?
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2006
1152 posts
734 upvotes
St Johns
Sorcerer wrote: Totally agree. This is why I collect Alaska Airlines points using their branded Mastercard (MBNA) that Canadians can apply for. Travel fees on reward travel are way lower than with stupid AC.
Can you still use the miles to book AC flights ?
Jul 23, 2007
251 posts
307 upvotes
Montreal
doobievibes wrote: Just applied for this online and was approved.

No where during the application I was asked for my Aeroplan #. Did I miss it?

Has anybody just did this, and same thing happen?

I am currently waiting for customer rep on chat.

Update:
Customer Chat Rep wasn't helpful. She thought a new Aeroplan number was associated with each new card.
Going to call later today or tomorrow.
Yes I got the same. I think calling to correct the aeroplan number once you receive the card for activation is not too late. But sooner is better.
Side note: I didn't have to enter my SIN and I got approved. Does that mean I didn't get hit or that they know who I am without me giving them my SIN and I will still get a hit?
Mar 6, 2015
400 posts
1441 upvotes
New Brunswick
PTMBAA wrote: Why would you bother with AC flights?
In case you have to fly somewhere that only AC goes. Plenty of remote, smaller communities that only get AC service.
Deal Expert
Dec 5, 2006
16698 posts
12474 upvotes
Markham
sky1213 wrote: Yes I got the same. I think calling to correct the aeroplan number once you receive the card for activation is not too late. But sooner is better.
Side note: I didn't have to enter my SIN and I got approved. Does that mean I didn't get hit or that they know who I am without me giving them my SIN and I will still get a hit?
SIN is only one of the value to pull bureau. They also can pull bureau based on name, address and phone number
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2004
1463 posts
242 upvotes
Mississauga
I tried the online application and instead of being approved or denied, I got a message saying "Oops, someone pulled the plug" and to visit a banking centre to complete the application. What does this mean?
:arrow:
Car Dealer not honouring the warranty on a new vehicle? See this thread
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2006
1152 posts
734 upvotes
St Johns
PTMBAA wrote: Why would you bother with AC flights?
Well I travel to certain locations where AC is the only convenient flight

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)