Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
CIBC

CIBC Travel Reward CCs (incl Aerogold) FYF, bonus points and 3 supplementary cards

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2017 1:34 pm
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
9183 posts
3861 upvotes
Toronto

[CIBC] CIBC Travel Reward CCs (incl Aerogold) FYF, bonus points and 3 supplementary cards

Was at a CIBC branch today. Starting today Nov. 1 till Feb. 28 of 2017, they have the Travel Rewards Credit Card Fall Promotion.

The CIBC Aerogold Visa Infinite Visa card has FYF, 15k bonus points, and up to 3 supplementary cards fee waived. I applied and got approved. They actually had this offer at the airport, till yesterday Oct. 31. But after that, this new promotion is available every where. It's not on their website yet, but the advisor at the bank has printout of that. (Edit: Don't know if it'll be online, but at least the advisor has printout describing the offer that she showed me. So at least you can apply in branch, or call in and hope the people answering the phone knows of the "Fall Promotion")

You can call or apply at a branch. The fee will be rebated after 1 or 2 statements. I don't know if this is available if you apply online, so to be safe, call or go into a branch.

This offer also applies to the ae Platinum card (if you don't qualify for the infinite, they might qualify you for this, and get the AF waived, plus free supplementary cards).

Also applies to the Aventura infinite, or av platinum cards. (This was there before, and still there, and also on their website)
Last edited by Arrgh on Nov 2nd, 2016 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
122 replies
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
17118 posts
3872 upvotes
GTA
supplementary cards is nice
Feb 23, 2010
478 posts
1032 upvotes
Vancouver
TD aeroplan card gives 15k bonus and 10k when you spend 1000$ in the first 3 months...
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
9183 posts
3861 upvotes
Toronto
humble_kid wrote: TD aeroplan card gives 15k bonus and 10k when you spend 1000$ in the first 3 months...
Actually, TD advertised that they give 30k points, FYF, but that includes adding supplementry card that you need to pay. So a little different. There are other threads talking about that.
Apr 19, 2016
14 posts
4 upvotes
I currently have the cibc petro mastercard. Do you know if i would get the welcome bonus by doing a product transfer?
Jan 8, 2012
887 posts
744 upvotes
Williams Lake
Thanks OP.

Um, if it's FYF, can this be a cold deal?

cheers

asdf
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
2692 posts
1742 upvotes
Home
15k AP and visa infinite card for free sounds good. waiting for online signup to go live..
Fizz Mobile $ 4.80 USA CAN 45 GB
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
9183 posts
3861 upvotes
Toronto
CanuckFlyHigh wrote: Cold. Better deals out there.
There may be better deals out there, but this is still free for those who qualify, plus 15k bonus points, plus priority checkin, plus one lounge visit for reward travel. This one even has 3 free supplementary card that I can give to my kids to use. For all of that free, it's not cold for me.
Dec 3, 2009
89 posts
120 upvotes
Ottawa-ish
humble_kid wrote: TD aeroplan card gives 15k bonus and 10k when you spend 1000$ in the first 3 months...
Based on the TD thread there is no minimum spend, just active card for 90 days.
Feb 23, 2010
478 posts
1032 upvotes
Vancouver
ottawalurker wrote:

You only get 15k points if you keep it active for 90 days. You need to spend $1000 in the first 3 months in order to get the additional 10k points...
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
4627 posts
3267 upvotes
Ottawa
Somewhat important.. Are any if these cards actually good reward cards?
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2012
1232 posts
732 upvotes
Victoria
I just got 25000 points and fyf a few weeks ago. Free supplementary cards is a negative for me (other people spending my money lol)
Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10198 posts
4028 upvotes
BC
Anyone try to switch from another CIBC card?

I tried this last week, but apparently this promo started today. Will have to try again. (they said 'no' to me last week, there was no FYF promo active he said).

I have a Double Double Visa in a drawer begging to be converted into a FYF card with some free points to boot :)
POLL: How frequent is your RRSP-matching?
Plastiq: Pay any bill with credit card for 0-2.5% fee (help meet min spending and keep old cards active!)
Rewards program transfer times (e.g. SPG->Aeroplan, Marriott->SPG, Amex MR->SPG...)
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2008
1821 posts
1285 upvotes

That's a little harsh. It's not a cold deal, but rather a second-tier deal. For Aeroplan points, first tier would be TD, followed by AMEX, followed by CIBC (or possibly Marriott converted to Aeroplan).

The fact that there are better deals out there does not preclude somebody from exploiting this deal too (or all of the introductory offers!)
Jan 8, 2009
895 posts
1301 upvotes
Seems like they have taken a page from Amex....

† You are eligible for this annual fee rebate offer only if you apply and are approved for your first CIBC credit card. If you are a current or former CIBC cardholder, we may approve your application but you will not be eligible for the offer.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
9183 posts
3861 upvotes
Toronto
ace604 wrote: Anyone try to switch from another CIBC card?

I tried this last week, but apparently this promo started today. Will have to try again. (they said 'no' to me last week, there was no FYF promo active he said).

I have a Double Double Visa in a drawer begging to be converted into a FYF card with some free points to boot :)
While at the branch making the application, the rep said because I have an existing card (that I wasn't using much), she would call to ask if they would do a product switch. The answer was yes they can do product switch (and therefore not a new application and no credit hit), but I won't get the FYF or the other bonus. So to get the promotion, will have to be a new application.

The person on the phone at first didn't know about the promotion until the rep at the branch explained it is the new Fall Promotion that started today.
Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10198 posts
4028 upvotes
BC
Arrgh wrote:
ace604 wrote: Anyone try to switch from another CIBC card?

While at the branch making the application, the rep said because I have an existing card (that I wasn't using much), she would call to ask if they would do a product switch. The answer was yes they can do product switch (and therefore not a new application and no credit hit), but I won't get the FYF or the other bonus. So to get the promotion, will have to be a new application.

The person on the phone at first didn't know about the promotion until the rep at the branch explained it is the new Fall Promotion that started today.
Lame
POLL: How frequent is your RRSP-matching?
Plastiq: Pay any bill with credit card for 0-2.5% fee (help meet min spending and keep old cards active!)
Rewards program transfer times (e.g. SPG->Aeroplan, Marriott->SPG, Amex MR->SPG...)
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2006
1913 posts
436 upvotes
Toronto
humble_kid wrote:
ottawalurker wrote:

You only get 15k points if you keep it active for 90 days. You need to spend $1000 in the first 3 months in order to get the additional 10k points...
You only get 15k points if you make your first purchase withing 90 days. You need to keep the account open for the first 3 months in order to get the additional 10k points...
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
3812 posts
4200 upvotes
Mordor
kneevase wrote:

That's a little harsh. It's not a cold deal, but rather a second-tier deal. For Aeroplan points, first tier would be TD, followed by AMEX, followed by CIBC (or possibly Marriott converted to Aeroplan).

The fact that there are better deals out there does not preclude somebody from exploiting this deal too (or all of the introductory offers!)
AMEX is no longer good for AP.....too much money spent required.