• Apr 17th, 2015 4:16 pm
Tags:
None
Apr 14, 2015
9 posts
Saskatoon, SK

Cibc reference checks???

Hi
Iam thinking of getting fsr position in cibc. Can i know how serious are they in conducting background checks. How many references should we provide. Apart from calling/email to the references we provide. Do they call directly to previous employers to verify the dates apart from the references we provide or else they ask everything to the people(whom we give as our references).
The problem is--in my previous employment i said i worked for 8 months. But the fact is i worked for only 4 months and the manager who agreed to provide reference said that he will say that i worked in there company for 8 months.
So providing his reference is fine or else cibc call directly to HR of previous companies to verify the dates apart from the references we provided.
4 replies
Oct 20, 2011
348 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
Oh dear, not this again...
Dec 28, 2014
83 posts
38 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
crono06 wrote: There's always a ton of turnover for CIBC CSR's/FSR's. When I used to work at the City Centre branch, we got new people every 2-3 months.
I assume you mean the square one region? No kidding, I go to school there and don't blame people for quitting that branch. The square one area is brutal.