• Last Updated:
  • Apr 19th, 2019 12:40 pm
56 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
3609 posts
1185 upvotes
Global Village
I can see another $300 cibc bonus for opening this account in June. $6K balance to waive the fees make it more like the BMO Premier 1.
All day I dream about sports
[OP]
Dec 12, 2016
221 posts
147 upvotes
scoper wrote:
Apr 5th, 2019 2:39 pm
I can see another $300 cibc bonus for opening this account in June. $6K balance to waive the fees make it more like the BMO Premier 1.
Or $100k in investments will also waive the fee.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2009
3652 posts
1201 upvotes
on the links
Am I reading this correctly...

If you have $100K in an Investor's edge account, then you get a full rebate on the monthly fee. And a full rebate on the CC of your choice.

So I could hold the CIBC Aventura VS Infinite and get 4 annual lounge passes for zero dollars?

edit: whoops, I typed WE but it's really a Visa Infinite
Last edited by Sauerkraut on Apr 6th, 2019 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 23, 2009
379 posts
142 upvotes
Toronto
Sounds like it, yeah...I'm thinking it may be a good option too!
Deal Fanatic
May 7, 2007
6230 posts
1869 upvotes
Sauerkraut wrote:
Apr 5th, 2019 6:30 pm

If you have $100K in an Investor's edge account, then you get a full rebate on the monthly fee. And a full rebate on the CC of your choice.

So I could hold the CIBC Aventura WE and get 4 annual lounge passes for zero dollars?
What are those 4 annual lounge passes exactly?

What do you get at that lounge or whatever it is ... with that pass? :)
Deal Fanatic
May 7, 2007
6230 posts
1869 upvotes
Sauerkraut wrote:
Apr 5th, 2019 6:30 pm

So I could hold the CIBC Aventura WE and get 4 annual lounge passes for zero dollars?
Maybe time to move the discount brokerage portfolio from Scotiabank iTrade ... over to the CIBC Investor's Edge? :D

I don't really see any love from Scotiabank like that ... no Momentum Visa fee waived etc ...

I used to have BMO investor's line (years ago) ... then moved the portfolio to CIBC Inverstor's Edge (years ago also) ... then moved the portfolio over to eTrade ... and then Scotiabank bought eTrade and it became Scotiabank iTrade.

Since Scotia bought eTrade and it became iTrade ... - i never really too crazy about their discount brokerage any longer.

P.S.

Or also possibly would maybe do -- to just move over partial portfolio from Scotiabank iTrade ... to CIBC Investor's line ... -- some 150 - 200 K, for example ... some long term secure corporate bonds ... that you don't plan to trade until they mature years from now :)

Something to think about ... or call Scotiabank ... and suggest to them to consider opening similar bank account (as this CIBC's one) ... OR ELSE ...... :D
Deal Fanatic
May 7, 2007
6230 posts
1869 upvotes
I called CIBC ... and ... YES ... CIBC Investor's Edge will be included (among other savings products) for the "or $100,000 in Savings and Investments" requirement ...

Definitely something to consider.
Jun 29, 2017
34 posts
16 upvotes
If I have a joint account with my husband, will each of us receive fee rebate or only one of us would receive? Both of us have a visa infinite with CIBC.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2009
3652 posts
1201 upvotes
on the links
Darkman wrote:
Apr 5th, 2019 10:06 pm
What are those 4 annual lounge passes exactly?

What do you get at that lounge or whatever it is ... with that pass? :)
CIBC offers complimentary Priority Pass visits. Lounges vary greatly from airport to airport, so best if you pick a specific lounge that you wish to visit and read up on it. Typically, they provide hot meals, drinks, free WIFI, some have showers. The regular retail rate to visit is $32 per person.

A good guide can be found here
Jun 23, 2017
550 posts
201 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Investments with CIBC Securities count towards that $100K min threshold?
Deal Fanatic
May 7, 2007
6230 posts
1869 upvotes
Sauerkraut wrote:
Apr 6th, 2019 6:03 am
CIBC offers complimentary Priority Pass visits. Lounges vary greatly from airport to airport, so best if you pick a specific lounge that you wish to visit and read up on it. Typically, they provide hot meals, drinks, free WIFI, some have showers. The regular retail rate to visit is $32 per person.

A good guide can be found here
Bottom line ---- they provide those for free? :D
Deal Fanatic
May 7, 2007
6230 posts
1869 upvotes
905P4N6 wrote:
Apr 6th, 2019 8:08 am
Investments with CIBC Securities count towards that $100K min threshold?
I've been told - YES ... any investment ... Securities, Investor's Edge ... GIC ... mutual funds etc
Deal Fanatic
May 7, 2007
6230 posts
1869 upvotes
Anyone knows if Investor's Edge any worse or better nowadays than Scotia iTrade?

It wasn't that bad years ago before I switched to eTrade ...

Now ... I see on their web site ... commissions are lower than iTrade's ones ...

How is their bond desk and bonds inventory these days? ... and user friendly environment / process ... or not ... to buy those?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5331 posts
2351 upvotes
Winnipeg
CIBC IE is offering 400$ to transfer...7$ trades
May be time to move from TDDI?? Any reason not to move?