Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2004
2875 posts
322 upvotes

[Home Depot] CIL Paints on sale 4 days only @ HOME DEPOT...$7 & $25 off

Only Aug 17-20...

ON ALL CIL Smart and CIL Dulux interior paints and primer.

$7 off all 1 Gallons (3.78 L)
$25 off all 5 Gallons (18.9 L)

Only low point in this deal, MIR....but if you're buying lots, it is totally worth it!

This is from the new weekly HD flyer that arrived tonight.
LEGO BUY SELL TRADE HERE

HOCKEY IS one of Canada's National Sports, Since 1994!!!! MORE INFO IN THIS THREAD

SARCASM - Because arguing with stupid people isn't nearly as much fun!!!
10 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2005
2076 posts
132 upvotes
Does anyone know what the quality of the products are (I assume Smart3 is the higher quality of the two) compared to Benjammin Moore (and what line of Benjamin Moores they'd be equivalent to?)? I.e., are these the premium lines or economy lines?

TIA
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2004
2499 posts
168 upvotes
I used CIL to paint my livingroom. never again.Too many coats required. Behr did a much better job in the my hallway. I don't think I saved any money, since I used more CIL paint.
CIL is Probably ok if your painting a light colour over a light colour. The only thing I like is thier "SMART" disappearing dye paint for painting ceilings.

Worth noting: HD as Behr $5 off specials on a regular basis
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2003
4062 posts
24 upvotes
When I painted my place few yrs ago, the painter guy at home depot actually recommanded me to get CIL instead of the high price Behr brand. Even after I have already picked the color chip from Behr.....

Well, as for quality my friend who live in the same bldg uses Behr, and I can't see any differences...

But of course YMMV
/* My Heatware */
#define BITCOUNT(x) (((BX_(x)+(BX_(x)>>4)) & 0x0F0F0F0F) % 255)
#define BX_(x) ((x) - (((x)>>1)&0x77777777) - (((x)>>2)&0x33333333) - (((x)>>3)&0x11111111))
...really weird C code to count the number of bits in a word
Hacking RAID in XP
Support Net Neutrality Canada
Nov 22, 2005
445 posts
44 upvotes
Mississauga
I've tried the cheaper CIL Dulux. It's crap. Doesn't go on very evenly. You have to be very careful with how much paint is on your brush/roller. Luckily, I was painting light over light, so you really can't tell.

I've heard the CIL Smart stuff is as good as the Behr stuff. I might just try it since I have to repaint my bathroom anyways. I figure it's small enough that I can easily redo it if it doesn't work out.
Mar 30, 2004
914 posts
8 upvotes
Newmarket
cheapbastage wrote:I used CIL to paint my livingroom. never again.Too many coats required. Behr did a much better job in the my hallway. I don't think I saved any money, since I used more CIL paint.
CIL is Probably ok if your painting a light colour over a light colour. The only thing I like is thier "SMART" disappearing dye paint for painting ceilings.

I have exactly the same experience with their paint.. never again will I buy CIL
We have enough youth.. what we need is a fountain of smart
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2001
12745 posts
3644 upvotes
cheapbastage wrote:I used CIL to paint my livingroom. never again.Too many coats required. Behr did a much better job in the my hallway. I don't think I saved any money, since I used more CIL paint.

I had an opposite experience.

I painted my whole house in CIL (Because of a similar sale), and used Behr for 3 rooms (Because of the colours, the HD guy wouldn't mix Behr colours with CIL paint apparently).

I found the CIL to be far superior to Behr. Now, my CIL was all lighter colours while my Behr was a bit darker (Red, Cappachino). But I didn't like the Behr at all, and if I recall it even cost more regularly.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2003
4062 posts
24 upvotes
TrevorK wrote:I had an opposite experience.

I painted my whole house in CIL (Because of a similar sale), and used Behr for 3 rooms (Because of the colours, the HD guy wouldn't mix Behr colours with CIL paint apparently).

I found the CIL to be far superior to Behr. Now, my CIL was all lighter colours while my Behr was a bit darker (Red, Cappachino). But I didn't like the Behr at all, and if I recall it even cost more regularly.
Same here, in general my CIL was lighter color, and my friend's place uses darker Behr paint...

Hummm. I wonder.. maybe w/ lighter CIL is ok?
/* My Heatware */
#define BITCOUNT(x) (((BX_(x)+(BX_(x)>>4)) & 0x0F0F0F0F) % 255)
#define BX_(x) ((x) - (((x)>>1)&0x77777777) - (((x)>>2)&0x33333333) - (((x)>>3)&0x11111111))
...really weird C code to count the number of bits in a word
Hacking RAID in XP
Support Net Neutrality Canada
Sep 17, 2001
370 posts
11 upvotes
I've used many of them - CIL, CIL Smart, CIL Delux, Behr, Benjamin Moore, Ralph Lauren, etc... IMHO - Without hesitation I say Benjamin Moore is the best paint of the bunch hands down. Not only does it cover exceptionally well, but I find it has much better mileage (meaning a gallon goes a lot further!). Their Designer Series is very nice and has a pudding like consistency so it spatters a lot less when using a roller. Just my 2 cents!
Sep 13, 2009
3 posts
1 upvote
montreal
WOW incredibly new product, at COSTCO, DURAPRO Self-prime eggshell in a 2gallons pails for $39.00 ! I bought some and applied ONE coat on new gyproc and on old walls and ceilings. Great finish in ONE coat. No smell. No spatters.
:)
× < >