Hot Deals

[Cineplex] $5 NFL games at Cineplex. Superbowl too!

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2018 3:07 pm
Dec 20, 2005
164 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
Going to the superbowl one! Looking forward to seeing it on the big screen.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
3333 posts
361 upvotes
Toronto
SkylineGTRB26 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2018 12:05 pm
Brilliant! Got tickets for Superbowl and Conference Finals. THANKS OP! For those who are on the fence for the Superbowl, DO IT NOW. There are literally 3-5 seats left for VIP Yonge/Dundas. Scotiabank has tons left.
You persuaded me to pick up a Superbowl ticket for Yonge/Dundas. My first day back in Canada as well on Feb 4, so a good time all round!
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2002
2375 posts
178 upvotes
Durham Region
Ohhhhhh! Id love to see the Bills win thier first playoff game in forever on the big screen! Will there be table breakings and setting self on fire in the parking lot? Smiling Face With Horns
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
11935 posts
2657 upvotes
Montreal
mrfrugal83 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 12:47 am
NFL ratings down hard...
That's because it's all fantasy football + bubble-wrap quarterbacks now, and constant jabbering about how "incredible is it that Tom Brady, Drew Brees, et al are playing so long and at a high level"

LOL, Joe Montana didn't retire because he got old, he retired because under the old rules, Lawrence Taylor (and his NFC cohorts) literally ripped his body apart every regular season and playoffs. An ESPN analyst summed it up perfectly, and I'm paraphrasing here: "You can't hit the QB anymore, and that's why everyone looks like Joe Montana in the 4th quarter." Every freaking game is a last-second comeback, and if it isn't then the refs and the replay booth try to make sure it is.

I used to love watching the NFL, but these new fantasy football rules and the NFL trying to legislate it so that Tom Brady can play into his 50's is too much and I barely watch any games now. I see all these poor TE's and RBs getting multiple concussions, yet someone touches Brady's jersey and he's immediately up crying for (and getting) a 15-year penalty.
Sep 19, 2009
582 posts
399 upvotes
Ottawa
Watching the Bills game at Lansdowne Ottawa right now. 17 people total in here. Having a great time!
Jul 11, 2009
227 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
JackWhyte wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 12:09 pm
That's because it's all fantasy football + bubble-wrap quarterbacks now, and constant jabbering about how "incredible is it that Tom Brady, Drew Brees, et al are playing so long and at a high level"

LOL, Joe Montana didn't retire because he got old, he retired because under the old rules, Lawrence Taylor (and his NFC cohorts) literally ripped his body apart every regular season and playoffs. An ESPN analyst summed it up perfectly, and I'm paraphrasing here: "You can't hit the QB anymore, and that's why everyone looks like Joe Montana in the 4th quarter." Every freaking game is a last-second comeback, and if it isn't then the refs and the replay booth try to make sure it is.

I used to love watching the NFL, but these new fantasy football rules and the NFL trying to legislate it so that Tom Brady can play into his 50's is too much and I barely watch any games now. I see all these poor TE's and RBs getting multiple concussions, yet someone touches Brady's jersey and he's immediately up crying for (and getting) a 15-year penalty.
dunno, i'd say it's the lack of greatness and the prevalence of mediocrity, possibly due to the legislated decrease in practice. i mean c'mon. blake bortles, bills and titans in the playoffs? there used to be a saying that "it's the playoffs, every team that's still here is good." i don't feel that way. i'd say "peak football" was the cards over the pack playoff game 2 years ago. it's been downhill since.
Aug 1, 2010
578 posts
273 upvotes
JackWhyte wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 12:09 pm

You sound like a salty Patriots hater. Although I agree the product has gone downhill, don't single out one player. The rules apply to everyone
Dec 16, 2017
2 posts
1 upvote
Im one of the supervisors at Yonge Dundas and theres servers in the theatre the whole time the gamr is playing.. who are there to 'try' to prevent people from sneaking in alcohol.. but you guys do your thing if you have to.
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2014
1150 posts
571 upvotes
The 6
CONTRIX wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 2:02 pm
Im one of the supervisors at Yonge Dundas and theres servers in the theatre the whole time the gamr is playing.. who are there to 'try' to prevent people from sneaking in alcohol.. but you guys do your thing if you have to.
Lighten up. Nothing wrong with alcohol as long as you aren't disturbing the peace. Now, if the people consuming the alcohol are not of age or belligerent then show them the friggin door!!!!

Having said this, I was at your location and have no complaints. Had a great time!
Aug 20, 2016
66 posts
44 upvotes
My tv has a better picture
The food in my house is better and cheaper
What am I missing?
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2014
1150 posts
571 upvotes
The 6
isd9999 wrote:
Jan 14th, 2018 12:20 pm
My tv has a better picture
The food in my house is better and cheaper
What am I missing?
No one is left cleaning the mess left behind by your buddies except the cinema cleaning staff.

No wife or kids to interrupt your enjoyment.

You can win nice prizes.

Some of the servers are pretty hot.
Aug 15, 2013
4 posts
Toronto
Is there a reason for the ticket specifying 4:00 pm? The game starts at 4:40 - Do they have any pre-game plans? Or just get to sit there for 40 min? Thanks OP for posting this in November. Bought tickets for all games well in advance. SKOL!!!
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
1760 posts
470 upvotes
Edmonton
The question I have, is the feed going to be CTV for these games? Or will you get the American commercials?