Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Cineplex] Black Friday Deals (Nov. 23rd - Dec. 1st)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 26th, 2015 9:51 pm
Jul 28, 2010
903 posts
586 upvotes

[Cineplex] Black Friday Deals (Nov. 23rd - Dec. 1st)

LINK

Between November 23rd 2015 at 9:00am ET and December 1st 2015 at 9:00am ET, take advantage of one (or all) of our special Cineplex Store Black Friday offers.
  • Offer A: Get a free General Admission Movie Ticket ("Movie Ticket") with every Download-to-Own purchase of $9.99 CDN or more (before tax). This offer does not apply to digital rentals or SuperTicket® upgrades.
  • Offer B: Get a free Movie Ticket plus four times (4x) the SCENE points with every Download-to-Own purchase of $19.99 CDN or more (before tax). This offer does not apply to digital rentals or SuperTicket® upgrades.
  • Offer C: Spend $19.99 CDN (before taxes and shipping) or more on Blu-ray or DVD products and get a free Movie Ticket and four times (4X) the SCENE points.
Also, get free shipping with every purchase of $25 or more (before taxes) of DVD or Blu-ray products. SCENE points will be applied to the associated SCENE account within 72 hours. SCENE points cannot be earned on purchases made using SCENE points. The approximate retail value of the Movie Ticket is $12.99 CDN. The Movie Ticket is redeemable from January 1st 2016 to October 31, 2016 and is subject to the Terms and Conditions printed on the ticket itself.

For Download-to-Own purchases, the Movie Ticket will be sent electronically within 24 hours to the e-mail address associated with your Cineplex Store account. All Download-to-Own movies are nonrefundable. For DVD and Blu-ray purchases, the Movie Ticket will be sent electronically to the e-mail address associated with your Cineplex Store account on the date that your product is shipped. If you return your Blu-ray or DVD, the Movie Ticket will be cancelled immediately and will not be valid for use.

No substitutions, rain checks or time extensions. Offer cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion, unless otherwise stated, and is subject to change or termination without notice. Additional restrictions may apply. For details go to http://store.cineplex.com/store/guidedsearch
Did a bit of formatting on the text for readability. Not as good as previous deals (like the Christmas 2013 deal) but decent nonetheless.
16 replies
Oct 27, 2005
550 posts
43 upvotes
Hamilton
Was hoping for the Buy 1 Get 1 free for blu-rays that they had previously... but maybe that was Boxing Day instead. Still a decent deal
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2013
1402 posts
617 upvotes
EDMONTON
Not bad, free standard movie and about 1100pts with free shipping for a Blu Ray 25$ or more. Beats buying it at wal mart or costco for a couple bucks left
Dec 11, 2009
138 posts
49 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone found actual good deals on blu-rays? I guess free ticket = ~$8 if you know people who can sell you those. And 1000 scene points is now also equal to about $8 after the changes?
Jul 10, 2008
744 posts
135 upvotes
FallenAngel78 wrote: Was hoping for the Buy 1 Get 1 free for blu-rays that they had previously... but maybe that was Boxing Day instead. Still a decent deal
Two years ago Cineplex had a BOGO for items $14.99 (or somewhere around that) and up on BF and on Boxing Day two years ago there was a 50% off MSRP on every item plus a movie pass when spending $14.99 or more for both sales. Will it happen again? I suspect not sadly...
maromi wrote: Anyone found actual good deals on blu-rays? I guess free ticket = ~$8 if you know people who can sell you those. And 1000 scene points is now also equal to about $8 after the changes?
1000 scene points will get you one regular ticket which as the text mentions cineplex sells for $12.99 at the theaters.
Dec 11, 2009
138 posts
49 upvotes
Vancouver
greenman456 wrote:
1000 scene points will get you one regular ticket which as the text mentions goes for $12.99 each.
A lot of people have "access" to friends who can get special corporate or whatever tickets for about $8, which I consider the "true" value of the tickets.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3489 upvotes
Victoria
Cineplex store Black Friday Deal:

Free Movie ticket for all DIGITAL Purchases over 9.99
Free Movie Ticket + 4x points if you spend over 19.99 on bluray/dvd's.

The points are already calculate at 4x (it'll say points + points, and the extra points are 3x the first points so it totals 4x).

Cineplex store isn't cheap for dvd/bluray's, but a movie ticket and over 1000 points when buying a bluray is pretty good. Previous years they kept sweetening the pot leading up to christmas, but I think this is as good as it got by boxing day last year.

Edit: In experience from other years the deal doesn't stack. If you buy multiple bluray's, try to keep the order over $25 and make as many separate orders as you can.
Images
Jul 28, 2010
903 posts
586 upvotes
maromi wrote: Anyone found actual good deals on blu-rays?
Unfortunately not many. Amazon may seem to be the only worthwhile place to buy BDs this year.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3489 upvotes
Victoria
I'm looking at something like Ant-Man 3d bluray. Amazon has it for 29.99, Cineplex has it for 33.99.

With the 4x points that's just under 1400 points and a free pass. Free pass is worth about $9 to me and nearly 1400 points puts me close to an imax ticket, so maybe I'll call that $12. So that's about $20 in passed on a $33 movie, which kind of makes $13 for me. That seems not bad.

I do remember the Boxing Day 2013 sale with everything 50% off, movie passes and points, but last years boxing day was closer to this. To wait or not to wait.
Dec 27, 2012
164 posts
91 upvotes
Bowmanville
Black Friday 2013: Buy a movie priced $19.99 or higher and get a second one of equal or lesser value free, plus a free movie ticket.
Boxing Day 2013: 50% off original movie price and a free movie ticket.

Black Friday 2014: Buy a movie priced $19.99 or higher and get two free movie tickets.
Boxing Day 2014: Buy a movie priced $14.99 or higher and get a free movie ticket. Buy a movie priced $27.99 or higher and get two free tickets.

Black Friday 2015: Buy a movie priced $19.99 or higher and get a free movie ticket and 4x scene points.
Boxing Day 2015:?

From the pattern, I am not holding out any hope for this year's Boxing Day.
Dec 11, 2009
138 posts
49 upvotes
Vancouver
Yup, especially after scene points got devalued with the November change.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3489 upvotes
Victoria
davidj8580 wrote: Black Friday 2013: Buy a movie priced $19.99 or higher and get a second one of equal or lesser value free, plus a free movie ticket.
Boxing Day 2013: 50% off original movie price and a free movie ticket.

Black Friday 2014: Buy a movie priced $19.99 or higher and get two free movie tickets.
Boxing Day 2014: Buy a movie priced $14.99 or higher and get a free movie ticket. Buy a movie priced $27.99 or higher and get two free tickets.

Black Friday 2015: Buy a movie priced $19.99 or higher and get a free movie ticket and 4x scene points.
Boxing Day 2015:?

From the pattern, I am not holding out any hope for this year's Boxing Day.
There were also bonus points last year... I think if the order was over 19.99 you got 1000 points on top of the free tickets... Points are devalued but some good deals out there. It does seem the boxing day deals of past have been a tiny bit better than the black friday ones. The movies I want I don't need right away.. told hold out or not to hold out, that is the question.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
2643 posts
172 upvotes
I picked up Ant-Man 2D for 31.XX.

The points, 1200, is worth 12.50 but close enough to Imax so that could be 20. While the free ticket is 12.50. So I got the movie for about $6 or free.

The downside is they aren't doing physical free ticket vouchers so they will be e-mailing people them. Hopefully I will get mine.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3489 upvotes
Victoria
danman227460 wrote: I picked up Ant-Man 2D for 31.XX.

The points, 1200, is worth 12.50 but close enough to Imax so that could be 20. While the free ticket is 12.50. So I got the movie for about $6 or free.

The downside is they aren't doing physical free ticket vouchers so they will be e-mailing people them. Hopefully I will get mine.
Really? That might be better? I had the paper vouchers because I have to go down to the movie theatre to get the tickets. I've always wanted a way to redeem them online. I usually use IMAX, so as long as it's ok with charging me the $6 upgrade I'm good :)
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
2643 posts
172 upvotes
Yes. So it seems they are digital codes. Woo.
zod wrote: Really? That might be better? I had the paper vouchers because I have to go down to the movie theatre to get the tickets. I've always wanted a way to redeem them online. I usually use IMAX, so as long as it's ok with charging me the $6 upgrade I'm good :)
Jul 10, 2008
744 posts
135 upvotes
maromi wrote: A lot of people have "access" to friends who can get special corporate or whatever tickets for about $8, which I consider the "true" value of the tickets.
So? I get Admit One passes without even trying which makes tickets worth $0 to me. The retail value is still $12.99 per ticket.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3489 upvotes
Victoria
maromi wrote: A lot of people have "access" to friends who can get special corporate or whatever tickets for about $8, which I consider the "true" value of the tickets.
It's more like 9 dollars these days. So $9 ticket plus over 1000 points is maybe $18 to $21 in value depending how many points you got over $1000. That's how I'm valuing it.