Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Cineplex

Cineplex: Buy a movie $19.99 or more - get a 2nd movie FREE + FREE admission ticket

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 24th, 2013 5:20 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11902 posts
1733 upvotes
GVR

[Cineplex] Cineplex: Buy a movie $19.99 or more - get a 2nd movie FREE + FREE admission ticket

It looks like Cineplex Store has a very attractive offer for Black Friday:
http://store.cineplex.com/store/htmlCon ... y-extended

Update Nov 29 3:50pm: We've just received word from Cineplex that this offer is being extended until Monday to compensate for some of the technical issues that happened early on in the promo

Update Nov 29 12:20pm: We've reached out to Cineplex for clarification as there was some confusion around the offer. The promotion is:
Buy a movie that is $19.99 or higher and you will get:
  • A 2nd movie free (add it to your cart. Must be equal or lesser value than the first movie you are buying)
  • A free movie admission in the form of:
    [INDENT]
  • 1,000 Scene points if it's a digital download
  • A mailed admit one pass if you're buying a physical good[/INDENT]
180 replies
Nov 2, 2010
358 posts
73 upvotes
I ordered from there the other day and my credit card still got charged on a failed order. Hopefully it doesn't happen to any of you on Black Friday of all days.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18196 posts
36555 upvotes
Scarborough
This would be a pretty amazing deal... if and when it works. Hopefully if it does work all the good stuff isn't OOS by the time I check again.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Jun 18, 2010
533 posts
140 upvotes
GTA
How do you get the free movie ticket to be in your cart?
Nov 2, 2010
358 posts
73 upvotes
townfries wrote: How do you get the free movie ticket to be in your cart?
They usually add it for you once your order qualifies.
Jun 18, 2010
533 posts
140 upvotes
GTA
Looks like the free ticket only applies to physicall DVD/blu ray movie, not downloadable ones.
Jun 21, 2011
530 posts
36 upvotes
OAKVILLE
free ticket doesnt work properly when you add 2 titles, even if physical
Jun 21, 2011
530 posts
36 upvotes
OAKVILLE
shows up as 12.99 - admit one (1 disc) . . . not sure what that means
Dec 21, 2010
63 posts
4 upvotes
The promotion is supposed to be spend 19.99 on whatever (movie 1) and you get two extra movies and the free ticket, right? I can only get one free movie to apply.
Aug 7, 2012
2 posts
RICHMOND
[QUOTE](NOV 29) DEAL: Buy any title that is $19.99 or more and receive a title of equal or lesser value free * + you will receive a free movie ticket or 1000 SCENE points for the movie you paid for **.

LEGAL: *Daily Deal: Offer is valid for a period of 24 hours starting at midnight (ET) on November 29, 2013. Purchase any movie in DVD, Blu-ray or Download-to-Own that is $19.99 or more (excluding taxes and shipping if applicable) and receive a second movie in DVD, Blu-ray, or Download-to-own that is equal or lesser in value free. Offer is not valid for movie rentals and cannot be combined with any other offer, discount or promotion, unless stated otherwise and is subject to change or termination without notice. Offer is not valid in Quebec. **In addition, you will also receive a free movie ticket or 1000 SCENE Points for the movie you paid for (the "Holiday Offer"). For terms and conditions applicable to the Holiday Offer, click here.[/QUOTE]

After reading the terms and conditions, the title of the deal that Cineplex put up is really unclear... It seems it's supposed to be a buy 1, get 1 free + a ticket vs. buy 1, get 2 free + a ticket (which is what it sounds like).

But even when I put only two movies in the cart, the ticket doesn't promo out. :/ It promos if I have three movies in my cart, but then I'm getting charged for two movies...
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
5155 posts
1315 upvotes
London
It still doesn't work properly. It gives you the free movie, but it's charging you for the ticket
Nov 16, 2013
253 posts
415 upvotes
New Brunswick
spham wrote: It still doesn't work properly. It gives you the free movie, but it's charging you for the ticket
Yup. Trying to fill a friend's wish list but they falsely advertised this deal (buy 1, get 2+ticket ≠ buy 1, get 1+ticket) and it won't even work at the buy 1, get 1+ticket deal. FAIL.
Oct 5, 2011
69 posts
88 upvotes
Yeah this deal today is completely messed up. Since the deal is supposed to be buy one get one free in the fine print the movie ticket won't work because it is categorized as a DVD on there site. If you want the deal either wait or delete the movie ticket then email storehelp@cineplex.com and they'll add the ticket to your order.
Oct 14, 2009
559 posts
588 upvotes
Rothesay
It looked like it was working for me for a second there. I added two movies and the second one was set to $0.00. It also was going to give me 2250 scene points which would be enough for 2 movie tickets I think + an extra $250. Seemed like a good deal to me. But then once I signed into my account and linked up to my UV account, the second movie went back to the full price. I tried clearing cookies and going back and I was never able to get it to 0 out again on the 2nd movie.

They sure are botching this one.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2004
1331 posts
264 upvotes
This website is terrible. Some movies get included in the promo and some don't. I'm putting two movies at $31 each and they both get charged. Some also charge for the movie ticket.
Great deal but bad advertisement and terrible website.
Oct 14, 2009
559 posts
588 upvotes
Rothesay
I sorta got it to work just now. I added Disney Planes and Disney Cars to my cart at $24.99 each and one got discounted to 0. Both got the 1000 scene bonus + regular points as well and from reading the terms and conditions, that is better than just 1 free movie ticket because that works out to 2 free movie tickets.

Not sure what others are saying about being charged for the movie ticket. I have no idea even where I would add that to my car.

Are you guys getting 1 full price movie + 1 free movie + 2000 points + a free movie ticket as well?
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
3901 posts
2190 upvotes
Ontario
Seems to be buy one, get one free.

I have noticed, that the free movie is not the lower priced movie, just the one you add second.

For example. I'm looking to get Wreck It Ralph and Turbo for the young 'un. (No, seriously :) . Turbo is $33, WIR is $25. If I add WIR first, I pay $25. If I had Turbo first, it's $33.
Kaboom! Kaboom! KABOOM!
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2004
1331 posts
264 upvotes
SavingMentor wrote: I sorta got it to work just now. I added Disney Planes and Disney Cars to my cart at $24.99 each and one got discounted to 0. Both got the 1000 scene bonus + regular points as well and from reading the terms and conditions, that is better than just 1 free movie ticket because that works out to 2 free movie tickets.

Not sure what others are saying about being charged for the movie ticket. I have no idea even where I would add that to my car.

Are you guys getting 1 full price movie + 1 free movie + 2000 points + a free movie ticket as well?
Seems to be working fine for digital downloads.

I'm having issues with blu-rays in my cart. I just tried again with 2 copies of Lone Ranger at $30.99. They finally discounted one to $0 but the movie pass gets charged at $12.99.
Oct 14, 2009
559 posts
588 upvotes
Rothesay
TCWeasel wrote: Seems to be buy one, get one free.

I have noticed, that the free movie is not the lower priced movie, just the one you add second.

For example. I'm looking to get Wreck It Ralph and Turbo for the young 'un. (No, seriously :) . Turbo is $33, WIR is $25. If I add WIR first, I pay $25. If I had Turbo first, it's $33.
Nice find! Both of mine were the same price so I didn't notice that.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
3901 posts
2190 upvotes
Ontario
Additionally. This is strange.

For Monster's University. I accidentally added two copies, they both then were priced at $17. If it's just one, it was $33.99. Appears to take the same tac for Turbo, though Turbo is carted as the free item so doing that, they both become $17.

Cineplex is, uh, glitchy.

Anyone know, offhand, what Costco's Children's admission combo pack is, price wise? *EDIT* Found the answer. $10.79, so still cheaper than Cinplex. You can print at home as well. $49.99 for a 5 pack, so $10 going that route.

Add Croods. Applies free to Croods, takes away from Turbo. 4 copies of Croods? $0
Kaboom! Kaboom! KABOOM!