Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Cineplex

Cineplex: Buy a movie $19.99 or more - get a 2nd movie FREE + FREE admission ticket

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 24th, 2013 5:20 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2004
1331 posts
264 upvotes
TCWeasel wrote: Additionally. This is strange.

For Monster's University. I accidentally added two copies, they both then were priced at $17. If it's just one, it was $33.99. Appears to take the same tac for Turbo, though Turbo is carted as the free item so doing that, they both become $17.

Cineplex is, uh, glitchy.

Anyone know, offhand, what Costco's Children's admission combo pack is, price wise?
You would think they would be prepared for this.
I'm still snickering at The Wolverine 3D blu-ray being $123.99.
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11902 posts
1733 upvotes
GVR
I've reached out to Cineplex directly to try to obtain additional information as to any restrictions or confirm if there are issues with the promotion itself.
Oct 14, 2009
559 posts
588 upvotes
Rothesay
El Baz wrote: You would think they would be prepared for this.
I'm still snickering at The Wolverine 3D blu-ray being $123.99.
Time and time again we see that companies are never prepared for this the first few times. It takes a few years for the wrinkles to be ironed out and even then there is still often mistakes.

How may years did it take Dell to stop making endless price errors on their site?
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2003
1367 posts
631 upvotes
Ontario
I added Wreck-it-Ralph 3D at 43.99, saw the free movie ticket appear in cart. I then added Amazing Spider-Man Blu-ray at $21.99 and it showed up as free in my cart.

I then tried adding a bunch of other movies, and basically any movies I add that are 19.99 or lower show up as free in the cart as well as Amazing Spider-man.

Edit: Scratch that, it displayed the new movie as $0.00, but reset Amazing Spider-Man to $21.99.

Awkward wording... Basically what this boils down to is Buy a movie, get one free, plus a free admission, as best as I can tell.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2003
1367 posts
631 upvotes
Ontario
TCWeasel wrote: Additionally. This is strange.

For Monster's University. I accidentally added two copies, they both then were priced at $17. If it's just one, it was $33.99. Appears to take the same tac for Turbo, though Turbo is carted as the free item so doing that, they both become $17.

Cineplex is, uh, glitchy.

Anyone know, offhand, what Costco's Children's admission combo pack is, price wise? *EDIT* Found the answer. $10.79, so still cheaper than Cinplex. You can print at home as well. $49.99 for a 5 pack, so $10 going that route.

Add Croods. Applies free to Croods, takes away from Turbo. 4 copies of Croods? $0
Get multiple copies of Croods for free, sell them/trade them in at Beat Goes On?
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2004
1331 posts
264 upvotes
Kaitlyn wrote: I've reached out to Cineplex directly to try to obtain additional information as to any restrictions or confirm if there are issues with the promotion itself.
Thanks! I e-mailed them three times for the orders I made asking for my movie ticket on all of them. Will keep you posted.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26651 posts
15244 upvotes
Toronto
I'd really like this to work ...
I added one blu-ray which was over $20 ... got the free movie ticket.
Added a second blu-ray which came up as $0, perfect this should be working.
Went to the cart, it changed the price of my first movie to over $40!

DOESN'T WORK!

Edit: Kept playing, still doesn't work. Now the ticket is charging me so it's buy 1, get 1 and then it's charging me for the admit one ticket!
RedFlagDeals Addict
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Esso Price Privileges Card, 25% Off - save some money on gas
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26651 posts
15244 upvotes
Toronto
TomRFD wrote: I can only get 1 free movie and 1 free ticket to work. Hopefully they fix it to allow 2 free movies soon.
Exactly.
I have 2 offers working but both are not working together.

Buy 1 Movie, Get 1 Movie Free - Working
Buy 1 Movie, Get 1 Adult Admission - Working

Black Friday - Buy 1 Movie, Get 1 Free & 1 Adult Admission - NOT WORKING
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2007
1512 posts
2775 upvotes
TomRFD wrote: I can only get 1 free movie and 1 free ticket to work. Hopefully they fix it to allow 2 free movies soon.
Are you getting 1 free movie AND 1 free ticket with one paid movie

or

1 free movie OR 1 free ticket with one paid movie

Because if it's the former, that's the correct promo. It's spend 19.99 to get 2 movies and a free ticket. So buy one get one free, and also get a free ticket.

I just can't get it to work like that.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
2968 posts
2620 upvotes
You guys should use this deal to get the season 1 and 2 of Adventure Time in Bluray which is 25$+ everywhere.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18196 posts
36555 upvotes
Scarborough
Just found out that it's not 2 free movies + 1 free admission with the purchase of $19.99 or more. Only 1 free movie + 1 free admission. Still good but not quite what I originally thought.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11902 posts
1733 upvotes
GVR
Okay guys, just got off the phone with Cineplex. Here are the clarifications regarding the promo:

Buy a movie that is $19.99 or higher and you'll receive:
- A second movie free (add it to your cart. Free movie must be equal or lesser value)
- A free admission ticket
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26651 posts
15244 upvotes
Toronto
Kaitlyn wrote: Okay guys, just got off the phone with Cineplex. Here are the clarifications regarding the promo:

- A second movie free (add it to your cart. Free movie must be equal or lesser value)
- 1000 free scene points, which is a free admission ticket
And make sure you remove the 'free' admission ticket that pops-up in the cart, because when you check-out it will charge you $12.99 for that ticket!
Thanks for clarifying this. Purchasing now.

Edit: 2 Blu-Ray's ... No 1,000 Bonus Points.
Edit: Looks like I need to buy the version of the movie they want to earn the 1,000 points.
The movie I'm looking at shows 85 Scene Points + 1000 on the main Buy/Rent Digital page ...

Buy 1 Movie, Get A Digital Copy of another movie FREE + 1,000 Scene Points (free movie)
Maybe THIS is the offer?
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
1275 posts
433 upvotes
TomRFD wrote: Just found out that it's not 2 free movies + 1 free admission with the purchase of $19.99 or more. Only 1 free movie + 1 free admission. Still good but not quite what I originally thought.
the email promo says :
Today Only: Spend $19.99 or more to get a FREE TICKET to the movies and TWO Home Movies
so that doesn't match what you've said.
Kaitlyn wrote: Okay guys, just got off the phone with Cineplex. Here are the clarifications regarding the promo:

- 1000 free scene points, which is a free admission ticket
the website is still automatically adding the ticket for free with the first bluray, and then charging for the ticket once the second (free) bluray is added.

it's also not showing any bonus scene points.

do we have to email them after placing the order? should we delete the ticket so we're not charged the extra $12.99?
Nov 1, 2007
259 posts
32 upvotes
Hah...after experiencing what everyone else has tried (BOGO movie, free admission), I re-read the promo again and it really is buy one, get one movie free, and a free admission. Nowhere does it say buy a movie for $19.99 or more and get 2 free movies and a ticket. It's spend $19.99 or more and get 2 movies and a free ticket. In other words, this is a terribly worded promo (obviously intentional)

I think the site should update its posting because it makes it sound like you'll get 3 movies and a free ticket for $19.99 or more, which isn't true.
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11902 posts
1733 upvotes
GVR
Jhoto wrote: Hah...after experiencing what everyone else has tried (BOGO movie, free admission), I re-read the promo again and it really is buy one, get one movie free, and a free admission. Nowhere does it say buy a movie for $19.99 or more and get 2 free movies and a ticket. It's spend $19.99 or more and get 2 movies and a free ticket. In other words, this is a terribly worded promo (obviously intentional)

I think the site should update its posting because it makes it sound like you'll get 3 movies and a free ticket for $19.99 or more, which isn't true.
I've confirmed the cineplex website WILL be updated with newer messaging to avoid potential confusion
Sep 12, 2013
446 posts
184 upvotes
El Baz wrote: Seems to be working fine for digital downloads.

I'm having issues with blu-rays in my cart. I just tried again with 2 copies of Lone Ranger at $30.99. They finally discounted one to $0 but the movie pass gets charged at $12.99.
same here, althoug the other movie on my cart is $0 but i am being charged on movie pass.
if i add another movie, i am not being charged now on the movie pass but the two other movie is now being charged.

i am now confused!
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11902 posts
1733 upvotes
GVR
Okay guys, a final layer of confirmation!!! :)

Buy a movie that is $19.99 or higher and you will get:
  • A 2nd movie free (add it to your cart. Must be equal or lesser value than the first movie you are buying)
  • A free movie admission in the form of:
    [INDENT]
  • 1,000 Scene points if it's a digital download
  • A mailed admit one pass if you're buying a physical good[/INDENT]
*Note: They are aware of a current issue in which the movie is sometimes not being discounted. They are working on it right now and expect it to be fixed quite soon, so if you're having that issue just try again in a little bit.

Cineplex is working very closely with us to ensure this is a strong, compelling offer for all of you. If there are still any issues or confusion around the offer, please let me know!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)