Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Cineplex

Cineplex: Buy a movie $19.99 or more - get a 2nd movie FREE + FREE admission ticket

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 24th, 2013 5:20 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 12, 2013
446 posts
184 upvotes
Jhoto wrote: Hah...after experiencing what everyone else has tried (BOGO movie, free admission), I re-read the promo again and it really is buy one, get one movie free, and a free admission. Nowhere does it say buy a movie for $19.99 or more and get 2 free movies and a ticket. It's spend $19.99 or more and get 2 movies and a free ticket. In other words, this is a terribly worded promo (obviously intentional)

I think the site should update its posting because it makes it sound like you'll get 3 movies and a free ticket for $19.99 or more, which isn't true.
and this is not even happening to me, am i doing it wrong?
i am still being charged to a free movie ticket.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
1275 posts
433 upvotes
Kaitlyn wrote: Okay guys, a final layer of confirmation!!! :)

Buy a movie that is $19.99 or higher and you will get:
  • A 2nd movie free (add it to your cart. Must be equal or lesser value than the first movie you are buying)
  • A free movie admission in the form of:
    [INDENT]
  • 1,000 Scene points if it's a digital download
  • A mailed admit one pass if you're buying a physical good[/INDENT]
*Note: They are aware of a current issue in which the movie is sometimes not being discounted. They are working on it right now and expect it to be fixed quite soon, so if you're having that issue just try again in a little bit.

Cineplex is working very closely with us to ensure this is a strong, compelling offer for all of you. If there are still any issues or confusion around the offer, please let me know!
are they aware of the issue with the free admission bumping up to $12.99 once the 2nd blu-ray is added? how do we proceed? do we delete the admission so we're not charged, and then hope they send us the free pass (which i'm skeptical they will if it's not on the order)?
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11902 posts
1733 upvotes
GVR
i-rui wrote: are they aware of the issue with the free admission bumping up to $12.99 once the 2nd blu-ray is added? how do we proceed? do we delete the admission so we're not charged, and then hope they send us the free pass (which i'm skeptical they will if it's not on the order)?
Can you tell me which two movies you are adding to your cart? Specify whether digital or mailed item please.

It might (probably) be related to the current glitch
Mar 13, 2005
345 posts
41 upvotes
i-rui wrote: are they aware of the issue with the free admission bumping up to $12.99 once the 2nd blu-ray is added? how do we proceed? do we delete the admission so we're not charged, and then hope they send us the free pass (which i'm skeptical they will if it's not on the order)?
Same thing happened to my order....I just removed the ticket to complete the purchase. But once I clicked submit, I got no scene points!
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
1275 posts
433 upvotes
Kaitlyn wrote: Can you tell me which two movies you are adding to your cart? Specify whether digital or mailed item please.

It might (probably) be related to the current glitch
i've tried it with various different blu-rays. from what i've tried the first blu-ray always gets a free admission added to the order once it's added to the cart. the problem occurs when i add the 2nd blu-ray to the order. the 2nd blu-ray comes up as free (which is good) but the free admission bumps up to $12.99 automatically.

if you want to replicate the issue try adding man of steel blu-ray, and then add despicable me 2 blu-ray.

but as i've said, the same issue happens to me every time i add a second blu-rauy.
Nov 22, 2012
102 posts
13 upvotes
Calgary
I am trying to add hunger games blu-ray for $19.99 and Hobbit combo pack for $20.99
Still charging me for free ticket
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
3295 posts
453 upvotes
What a mess.

Is there an easy way to find 3D titles? When I search, it says 38, but I can't get them to display.
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11902 posts
1733 upvotes
GVR
i-rui wrote: i've tried it with various different blu-rays. from what i've tried the first blu-ray always gets a free admission added to the order once it's added to the cart. the problem occurs when i add the 2nd blu-ray to the order. the 2nd blu-ray comes up as free (which is good) but the free admission bumps up to $12.99 automatically.

if you want to replicate the issue try adding man of steel blu-ray, and then add despicable me 2 blu-ray.

but as i've said, the same issue happens to me every time i add a second blu-rauy.
Yep - so I'm quite sure this is the issue they're working through right now. Hang tight - you should be able to get that shortly!
Oct 14, 2009
559 posts
588 upvotes
Rothesay
Part of the confusion lies in that they are giving you the free movie ticket using scene points if you buy DIGITAL and they are giving the free movie ticket using a certificate if you buy BLURAY/DVD. I was confused by that.

If you buy digital, there seems to be the added bonus that you get enough scene points to get two free movie tickets. So in summary:

Buy Digital:
- Buy 1 get 1 free movie (2 total movies)
- 2000 bonus scene points (enough for 2 free movie tickets)
- NOTE: You should only get 1000 bonus scene points, but when I ordered I got 2000. Probably another bug.

Buy BLURAY/DVD:
- Buy 1 get 1 free movie (2 total movies)
- 1 free movie ticket certificate
- According to reports by other this free movie certificate may not work correctly when you add the second movie to your card.
Dec 4, 2002
309 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
So what's this "2 home movies" deal? There's no details anywhere on the site.
"I'd trade it all for a little more." - C. Montgomery Burns
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
1275 posts
433 upvotes
i just wish they would give 1000 scene points instead of the physical movie pass with blu-ray orders. i'm pretty sure it would avoid this entire technical hiccup.

(plus 1000 scene points are better anyways)
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2004
1331 posts
264 upvotes
batphantom wrote: So what's this "2 home movies" deal? There's no details anywhere on the site.
Whoever marketed this deal was asleep at the wheel. It can be interpreted many ways. From what I understand, this is how the wording should be:

"Buy 1 movie, get another movie and 1 Cineplex Movie Pass free. Minimum purchase of movies must be $19.99 and up"
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
3214 posts
1263 upvotes
Ajax
Still not giving me the "free" movie ticket. I'd like to purchase this deal, cineplex WHY WONT YOU LET ME. Also, this site is terrible for pre-orders.
May 15, 2006
275 posts
22 upvotes
Is this supposed to work if you buy two copies of the same movie?
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2004
1331 posts
264 upvotes
AMDFerrari wrote: Is this supposed to work if you buy two copies of the same movie?
Yes and no. The BOGO worked with me for two Lone Ranger blu-rays. But the movie ticket issue was still there.
Apr 11, 2007
205 posts
10 upvotes
Frustrating that this deal isn't working, but right now my cart is sitting there with Man of Steel, Monsters University and a free movie ticket for $34.98. Still a pretty good deal....but I will still wait to see if the advertised deal will work, lol.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2007
1512 posts
2775 upvotes
Thanks for all your hard work Kaitlyn. If we can get this thing working it's actually better value than the earlier glitch from this morning.

Would close out a very solid BF.
Apr 11, 2007
205 posts
10 upvotes
Interesting, so I just deleted the movie ticket and now it's showing Man of Steel and Monsters University for a total of $21.99. Do you think this would work if I check out?
Jun 25, 2002
672 posts
27 upvotes
El Baz wrote: Whoever marketed this deal was asleep at the wheel. It can be interpreted many ways. From what I understand, this is how the wording should be:

"Buy 1 movie, get another movie and 1 Cineplex Movie Pass free. Minimum purchase of movies must be $19.99 and up"
Yeah they worded the promotion terribly. Could have just put Buy one get one free, plus a movie ticket and beside that min. purchase $19.99. On the banner it reads 2 home movies so I took that to mean digital copies but doing that in the cart still doesn't work to make 2 movies and the ticket free. Only one is discounted and the ticket is bumped to $12.99.

In any case I just placed my order and e-mailed them about the free movie ticket issue. Hopefully they can just add it to my order. I took screenshots in case they don't want to give them to me. Even so this deal is pretty incredible. Got everyone that wanted blu-rays for Christmas done lol.
Jun 25, 2002
672 posts
27 upvotes
wang61 wrote: Interesting, so I just deleted the movie ticket and now it's showing Man of Steel and Monsters University for a total of $21.99. Do you think this would work if I check out?
It will, I placed several orders and they've gone through check-out but I have found that the higher priced item is not always discounted, especially if the price difference is too great.