Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Cineplex

Cineplex blue monday

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 17th, 2017 1:11 pm
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2014
5443 posts
3919 upvotes
Richmond Hill
ofertasgo wrote: Can somebody comment how busy it gets?
not very actually. I was there for a 10pm showing of Star Wars (IMAX) last year's blue monday, only about 20 people in the theatre. I booked this years Star Wars (DBOX) and was the only reservation for that showing.

Edit: Although last year's blue monday as -20 C (someone in the RFD thread called it Blue Balls Monday lol!) with wind chill approaching -30 C. This year is above 0 C. Wow, Toronto winter this year has been so good!
Last edited by Elfwood on Jan 12th, 2017 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1374 posts
406 upvotes
Westside
Mr_Fanta wrote: I think you should have tested your Nature Valley codes (2 codes are needed for one movie transaction) on the system. 750 points is needed to select a premium auditorium such as IMAX and UltraAVX and as of right now I have only 616 points, not enough to try for a premium ticket. However, I just tested the 2 Nature Valley codes for the BOGO deal with 500 points for a general admission and it seems to give me the 2-for-1 deal using my 500 Scene points combined with 2 Nature Valley codes. My assumption since it works for general admission, I'm guessing it'll work for premium admission (750 points).

Just so I don't waste my 2 Nature Valley BOGO codes. I'm gonna try to find a friend or family member that has a minimum of 750 points and give them my codes for Blue Monday (so they can take me to the movies Smiling Face With Sunglasses) since I don't have enough SCENE points to do the premium seats transaction myself.
Yes you are right but I already redeemed and ordered tickets before I found out about Monday. I still have around 600 points leftover and I'm waiting on the Scotia 7-11 bonus 500 points so that will bring me back up :) Nice if you can find someone to take full advantage of this deal. Scene needs to make points transferable between friends and family. Don't let those codes go to waste. Happy deal hunting :)
Jun 6, 2016
134 posts
89 upvotes
trystee wrote: Does anyone know how many regular Scene points are needed to rent a movie through Cineplex - SD and HD?

I don't have a Cineplex account currently and it says the number of points required for redemption will show up in your checkout screen.

Nothing in the theaters interest me for that day. Thinking of maybe renting and using half Scene points that day.

New releases are usually $ 4.99 SD / $ 5.99 HD while older titles have a dollar off. As for paying with Scene points. I think it’s ”1 Scene point per cent” on your final price.

For exemple (with only the 5 % GST) : $ 5.99 HD rental of a new release plus tax = $ 6.29 = ( 629 ) Scene points, it would cost ( 315 ) for this Monday.

An advantage to consider with the Blue Monday promo is you can make several rentals at the 50 % discount and you have a month to hit the ”play” button until your rentals expire. So it’s not like you have absolutely to watch everything this Monday. Your rentals expire 48 hours after you first start the movie, but as long as you don’t start it, you get to keep them in your library for 30 days.

But it’s been a while since I rented something through the Cineplex Store, so "subject to change" disclaimer and all that.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9827 posts
5823 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
ibloodyoup wrote: thanks op.

spent 2000 points to watch star wars in 4dx; not for the movie per se, but for the experience of the theatre itself, being the only one in canada.
Why is it 2000?
I watched 4dx star wars too, but it is only 1500 points.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9827 posts
5823 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
loonie wrote: What is so great about VIP except luxury seating, that is if I don't want to spring for food. Wouldn't IMAX or 4DX be more entertaining?
VIP is more for people to show off their social status. Much like driving a luxury car.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
12388 posts
6570 upvotes
Vaughan
theflyingsquirrel wrote: VIP is more for people to show off their social status. Much like driving a luxury car.
Really? To show off in a closed off dark theatre not exposed to non-VIP movie goers?

Interesting.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9827 posts
5823 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
kenchau wrote: Really? To show off in a closed off dark theatre not exposed to non-VIP movie goers?

Interesting.
Yes. Sometimes, showing off just help oneself to feel good. To feel oneself's important. Besides, there is a lounge you can sit in to drink.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26212 posts
39761 upvotes
Toronto
theflyingsquirrel wrote: VIP is more for people to show off their social status. Much like driving a luxury car.
strange, I've never looked upon somebody going to VIP @ Cineplex with a mix of envy and resentment. The same isn't true when I see someone tooling around in a Bugatti Veyron or something equally rare/amazing.
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9827 posts
5823 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
sprung wrote: strange, I've never looked upon somebody going to VIP @ Cineplex with a mix of envy and resentment. The same isn't true when I see someone tooling around in a Bugatti Veyron or something equally rare/amazing.
May be it is not about what we feel, but about how they feel. If you feel good yourself doing it, it is good for your confident. It is like woman put on make up for her own confident and to feel good. It is not necessary for others.
I think the reason you don't feel envy and resentment for those who go to VIP is because you CAN afford to go there yourself too, but you choose not to. On the other hand, you feel that towards someone tooling around in a Bugatti Veyron because, may be, you CANNOT afford to? Just my assumption. You can be rich, but I assume that just trying to make sense out of it.

For me, I don't feel resentment towards both. I would just feel sorry for them because money can be put in better use. But the way I think just base on my personal experience. They can be TOO rich and need to worry about how to spend money rather than how to save money.
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
12388 posts
6570 upvotes
Vaughan
theflyingsquirrel wrote: May be it is not about what we feel, but about how they feel. If you feel good yourself doing it, it is good for your confident. It is like woman put on make up for her own confident and to feel good. It is not necessary for others.
I think the reason you don't feel envy and resentment for those who go to VIP is because you CAN afford to go there yourself too, but you choose not to. On the other hand, you feel that towards someone tooling around in a Bugatti Veyron because, may be, you CANNOT afford to? Just my assumption. You can be rich, but I assume that just trying to make sense out of it.

For me, I don't feel resentment towards both. I would just feel sorry for them because money can be put in better use. But the way I think just base on my personal experience. They can be TOO rich and need to worry about how to spend money rather than how to save money.
How sad.
Jun 6, 2016
134 posts
89 upvotes
......guys, you do know that VIP screenings are basically mostly there for date nights and to avoid kids right ? It's not a country club or a test field for psychosocial studies about tax brackets and how much arrogance can one project. Of course you get to see the same movie as you would in any other auditorium but the service is there. If people buy into that gimmick, whatever floats their boat.

Breaking news : rich people are overspending on BS they don’t need
Dec 19, 2005
338 posts
240 upvotes
Ottawa
I only go to VIP now.... seats are bigger and more comfortable, fewer kids, smaller theatres, smaller screens (this is probably unpopular but I don't like giant screens or feeling like I'm too close). I don't feel like I'm right on top of someone... I see so few movies it's worth spending $5-8 more (or whatever) to have a more enjoyable experience.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2005
4158 posts
2892 upvotes
Toronto
Vip with the full recliner seats are totally worth it(i.e., certain theatres at don mills). I think there are only a couple theatres in the country that have it.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1412 posts
767 upvotes
Ottawa
I really wanted to see Rogue One but it's all 3D showings except for a 1045 showing which is too late. I can't do 3D movies. Oh well. Thanks anyways OP!
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
4193 posts
11678 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
ErBoProxy wrote: New releases are usually $ 4.99 SD / $ 5.99 HD while older titles have a dollar off. As for paying with Scene points. I think it’s ”1 Scene point per cent” on your final price.

For exemple (with only the 5 % GST) : $ 5.99 HD rental of a new release plus tax = $ 6.29 = ( 629 ) Scene points, it would cost ( 315 ) for this Monday.

An advantage to consider with the Blue Monday promo is you can make several rentals at the 50 % discount and you have a month to hit the ”play” button until your rentals expire. So it’s not like you have absolutely to watch everything this Monday. Your rentals expire 48 hours after you first start the movie, but as long as you don’t start it, you get to keep them in your library for 30 days.

But it’s been a while since I rented something through the Cineplex Store, so "subject to change" disclaimer and all that.
Appreciate the info re: Scene pricing and the tip re: 30 days timeframe, if it still applies. Your example above is exactly what Cineplex/Scene needs on their website.
Sep 12, 2006
246 posts
176 upvotes
Yes VIP has better seats, and some extra service, but for me, one of the biggest bonuses is reserved seats, if it is a movie that could be sold out. Recently I bought reserved tickets for a show listed with a start time of 7:30, but that is when we left home. The theatre is ~10-15 min away. We walked into the theatre at 7:55 with popcorn and drinks and sat in our reserved seats. Only missed the ads and trailers. If the theatre isn't going to be full, not a Friday/Sat., not a big hit with explosions or just released, then I will go to the regular theatre. But if it might be full I like VIP reserved seating. No kids yapping, kicking my seat is good too.
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2006
2107 posts
470 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for all the inputs re. VIP experience, it doesn't seem to be of much value to me, unless there is a special "at par" promo some day to try it out. Like a true RFDer I try to maximize my value, but thinking of catching La La Land in IMAX on blue Monday :D
Public Mobile
Tangerine
Flashfood app
Swagbucks
Feb 14, 2004
278 posts
76 upvotes
North York
Personally I like the VIP because I can show up right at the showtime and have my assigned seating. Also saves time because the restaurant is within the theatre complex, and I can chill and get drinks/dinner and watch a game before/after the movie.

But hey, to each their own.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)